This week's MCV.

toonfool

You really wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of a blow job from someone called 'Keith the teeth' would you, even less so if you were straight.

Maybe its a clever pun on the fact that he's got no teeth and has to wear dentures all the time.

If thats the case all he has to do is pop them out and you're in heaven.

Well done on the letter BaS, I'm afraid to say though having just read MCV before coming online, yours was the only letter I didn't read. It wasn't because there was something wrong with your writing, I didn't get that far. No, for some reason I saw the black background with white text and read around it; some how subliminally my mind avoided the black box.

Heh. Some psychology could come into play there.

It wasn't a letter though - we were actually contacted and asked for a contribution. Get us.

Reading that article was *just* like watching points of view - It felt like I was almost there listening to these "outraged" people ranting. It was pretty well written too.

Much appreciated, fella.

I'm also wondering if Gillen (and Dave) have got a retort for the slamming of his New Games Journalism piece.

I'd have to have read the original article and the letters column to do so. I haven't read MCV since I left Future.

I'm told they went with the straight transcript of the original MSN chat rather than the edited version they said they were going to. I'm also told told the letter's from Ramraider, yeah?

KG

Taurus interviewed me about the whole New Games Journalism thing. Three years or something too late, but I wasn't going to say no to an interview, especially as Taurus was getting paid. Was printed in an MSN-conversation log form, apparently as a commentary on the reportage approach of NGJ.

Ramraider (The anonymous blogger) took offence and wrote an angry letter about it, dragging out a greatest hits set of his usual prejudices and misreadings.

Same as it ever was, etc.

KG

No. And Stuart Campbell's lovely.

Ramraider's identity is a mystery. Games Journalist. Most common rumour was a writer called Dan Emery, but it's been denied by both rammy and emery. He's a blogger exposing the corruption of the gaming industry. By which we mean "obsessing over minor details of things in PC Gamer and Eurogamer".

He doesn't like me very much. Actually - to be fair - not true. He doesn't like my work very much, which is entirely understandable. There's a lot about my work not to like.

You'll find him at ramraider at blogspot dot com.

KG

No. And Stuart Campbell's lovely.

Ramraider's identity is a mystery. Games Journalist. Most common rumour was a writer called Dan Emery, but it's been denied by both rammy and emery. He's a blogger exposing the corruption of the gaming industry. By which we mean "obsessing over minor details of things in PC Gamer and Eurogamer".

He doesn't like me very much. Actually - to be fair - not true. He doesn't like my work very much, which is entirely understandable. There's a lot about my work not to like.

You'll find him at ramraider at blogspot dot com.

KG

Ahh. Is he the guy who wrote into MCV a fair while ago objecting to some PR guy in the industry who written a piece for them lamenting about how crap his job was, or something? I might be getting confused. Whoever that was, I agreed with him.

But then, this Ramraider chap seemingly just wants to make a name for himself. And I'm not sure anyone really cares for that anymore. Too many bloggers out there trying to cause a commotion.

We're making a difference.

You%20make%20the%20difference.jpg

Have they contacted anyone about the Wii reaction?

That's been quite a story, from the mass excitement, to the "£30 too much, Fuck Nintendo!"; the "What do you mean it's only shipping with one controller"; the "Region Free?" and finally to the current "No component? composite? SCART?".

It's been quite a journey.

It's interesting, as always, to read all your views, even when it's MCV at the centre of conversation!

We can see that whilst some of you are pleased MCV has used rllmuk feedback in some of its features, some of you are less happy about it. So it seems right to explain to you why we've done this in the past.

Yes, MCV is a trade mag, but consumer opinion is incredibly important to all facets of the trade - be it retail, publishers, developers or whoever. So yes, you could criticise us for asking for consumer feedback, but to the majority of our readership it's very interesting.

The reason why we have approached rllmuk is because of the numerous web communities out there in the wilds of the internet, this is one of the most lively. Compared to other forums it's welcoming, informed and has always offered interesting and contrasting views when we have approached it in the past.

So there. I hope that clears things up a little.

Thanks again for your help.

Keep up the good work!