PWiiorders

rubberducker

Sounds like he was talking bollocks to me.

yeah i thought that too.

EDIT: Actually this guy was probably just full of shite - BUT i'd imagine in general with any retail release Game do get the majority of stock (mainly due to amount of stores etc). No?

yeah i thought that too.

EDIT: Actually this guy was probably just full of shite - BUT i'd imagine in general with any retail release Game do get the majority of stock (mainly due to amount of stores etc). No?

I reckon the stores say how many preorders they've got and then the distributor... distributes accordingly and then surplus stock's allocated based on how much nintendo product individual stores have been selling.

I reckon the stores say how many preorders they've got and then the distributor... distributes accordingly and then surplus stock's allocated based on how much nintendo product individual stores have been selling.

So i'd imagine Game probably get the lion share of pre-orders (due to amount of stores etc) so they usually get the majority of stock.

So i'd imagine Game probably get the lion share of pre-orders (due to amount of stores etc) so they usually get the majority of stock.

Yes, but it's not disproportionate as the idea of them getting the lions share suggests, if each Game store gets 100 Wii's you can bet that the Gamestation next door will also get 100. Game as a whole may get more in total but they'll need to spread them around.

If you were to preorder from a group of stores it'd probably be best to do so with Game but since you order from an individual branch I don't think that the claim has any real relevance.

Yes, but it's not disproportionate as the idea of them getting the lions share suggests, if each Game store gets 100 Wii's you can bet that the Gamestation next door will also get 100. Game as a whole may get more in total but they'll need to spread them around.

If you were to preorder from a group of stores it'd probably be best to do so with Game but since you order from an individual branch I don't think that the claim has any real relevance.

Nonsense.

If Game get 100 the Gamestation next door gets 100?

Surely by that logic then each Argos store will get 100 as well Tescos HMV and Virgin.

No i'd say in any given area i.e. Belfast, Game would about 40% of the Wii's available (there is more than one Game store by the way).

Nonsense.

If Game get 100 the Gamestation next door gets 100?

Surely by that logic then each Argos store will get 100 as well Tescos HMV and Virgin.

No i'd say in any given area i.e. Belfast, Game would about 40% of the Wii's available (there is more than one Game store by the way).

I'd imagine each Game and Gamestation in the same town sell about the same number of consoles, etc. I would imagine HMV, Tesco's and Virgin less. So yeah, if I was a console distributor dependant on stores stocking my products I'd distribute them according to the precedent set by previous orders rather than damaging my relationship with other companies wanting to sell my products. I didn't imply that if a corner shop decided to stock the Wii they'd get the same allocation as the biggest Video Game retailers in the area.

EDIT: 40% isn't a majority share either. The pedants may argue.

I'd imagine each Game and Gamestation in the same town sell about the same number of consoles, etc. I would imagine HMV, Tesco's and Virgin less. So yeah, if I was a console distributor dependant on stores stocking my products I'd distribute them according to the precedent set by previous orders rather than damaging my relationship with other companies wanting to sell my products.

Therefore Game get the majority? - and everyone else gets the rest?

Just like I said.

EDIT: 40% isn't a majority share either. The pedants may argue.

If there is 3 or more retailers its the majority share. Feel free to edit again.

It's not as simple as that though, is it? I'm not bothered about continuing this, you can be right if you want.

I'll take that. Cheers.

Number 6 in the queue in the Plymouth GAME. Apparently they are considering a midnight launch.

We have a new GAME opening in the new shopping mall which opens next week, bringing the total number of GAME stores in Plymouth, to 3.

When allocating stock are they treated as one entity and have to share the stock with each store?

627! When did you order? I went in on Saturday but they didn't give me a number and the poster does still say that a preorder guarantees one on launch day.

Just now. I reckon the bloke didn't know what he was talking about. I was also preordering one for my friend, who apparently now lives in "Camebridge". And "Camebridge" is a place in London, too.

OK, I just popped to both my local GAME stores - apparently they received information saying they could take deposits this morning, but that was then recinded because head office botched something up. Supposedly they aren't meant to be taking deposits until around Tuesday/Wednesday when final confirmation comes through.

So if your store let you put a deposit down, I dunno if that's actually worth anything on their systems. Apparently they haven't received the real (final) pre-order codes to input into their tills yet.

I got a call from GAME on Saturday morning, telling me that their pre-order system was open for business. So I went down there a couple of hours later, only to be told that they'd had an email from Head Office a few minutes before, telling them to stop taking deposits. They'd already had 10 pre-orders and deposits before that. Now, having been specifically told to come down I wasn't very happy about this, and so the GAME guys concocted a scheme whereby I'd buy a gift card for £20, and they'd then use that as my deposit so that they didn't have to put it through the till. So I'm now eleventh on the list, with a gift card receipt signed by the staff that says "Wii pre-order" all over it. What a palava!

Did you ask if they're doing a midnight opening? If they aren't then I'm not going to be able to collect it until Monday, which isn't good.

Whichever Oxford Street branch gets the most preorders is doing a midnight opening, we've been told. That's why we're preordering there and not somewhere else! That's also why we've got two preorders - we'll cancel whichever one isn't doing the midnight opening.