PWiiorders

rubberducker

Well, I've bought mine from play.com, even though most have you have been saying how poor it is!

Im not fussed on actually *getting* it on release date - before XMAS holidays at least would be good. But I did want to just pay for it (and zelda) right now and get it out of the way.

I'll be interested to see if it arrives on time though. And I'll keep you up to date.

D

Play are actuallly using a first come first served system this time arround, so it looks like they've learnt their lesson from the 360 fiasco. However, they've also been accepting pre-orders since Friday, so I imagine they'll have taken quite a few already.

Play are actuallly using a first come first served system this time arround, so it looks like they've learnt their lesson from the 360 fiasco. However, they've also been accepting pre-orders since Friday, so I imagine they'll have taken quite a few already.

they said that last time. infact they sent out several emails to everyone unequivicably stating that all orders would be on first come first served basis.

they chucked that out the window when MS gave out the numbers. PLAY don't get a very big cut of the UK's stock and have an internal policy of keeping their best customers happy (whenever they order).

if you want one before christmas i would order somewhere other than play.

Hmm, Is there an email address I can use to contact play about where exactly I am on that list?

:(:(:(

they will tell you nothing other than it will be on first come first served basis. which it won't be. avoid the dissappoint:

Gamestation Preorder

HMV Preorder

I refuse to preorder with either Game or Gamestation. After the forced bundes they had last christmas with the 360 and DS, I wouldn't waste my time.

I can see it now:

"Wii Console + Cars: The Game + Spongebob : The Game + Classic Controller + GAME Branded Wii Stand all for £299.99!!!!"

Sorry mate but thats pure bolloxs. GAME cant make you buy a bundle. We sold plenty of solus 360s at launch and DS's for that matter. We never had any official mails on "you must sell it with mario 64 yadda yadda"...of course the boss would love punters to take a big ass bundle...but if you dont want it then you dont want it. The only thing they want us to do is upscale sales....so if you go for a premium 360 try and flog a play n charge kit as well... but its hardly aggressive sales.

Pre order wise: we have been taking interest the past few months. this is NOT a pre order.... it just means we will contact all the punters when we are taking pre orders. I kinda see it as a bit shit. We cant take a payment over the phone.... so if your stuck in work till 5pm and X amount of people come in off the streets and pre order then you could miss out. They are not running the pre orders yet anyway as they are waiting to hear how much stock they will have....so i think it will be early this week before you can get an order in.

I refuse to preorder with either Game or Gamestation. After the forced bundes they had last christmas with the 360 and DS, I wouldn't waste my time.

I can see it now:

"Wii Console + Cars: The Game + Spongebob : The Game + Classic Controller + GAME Branded Wii Stand all for £299.99!!!!"

They can't force the bundles if you pre-order the console.

But GAME did do it. With the original DS anyway.

Crazy, say one thing about the 360 then change your mind (I presume you mean the 360 pre-orders as there would be no point otherwise). I do have to say that GAME did not force any package on me with the 360 and had a good selection of games if you went the package route.

EDIT: Just seen idiwa post

Now I'm thinking of going with Play.com just to see what happens, seriously.

Mates at HMV Newcastle rang me yesterday to get a deposit down asap - am first on the list and there was mention of a midnight opening so can't wait!

i think places like HMV and Woolwoths are the best bet. they get a good allocation and they are not the first place people think about to preorder.

sorted me out last year painlessly with a 360 when no-one else could.

This is going to sound a little petulant but since HMV's takover of Ottakar's I've sort of kind of been avoiding them purely because the whole business pees me up a wall like nothing else.

So at least it's suited to a wii thread.

Anyhow, I'll be popping into Woking Gamestation to check up on a: where I would be on a pre-order list and b: whether they'll hold onto a unit until the next morning if they do a midnight opening. Hoping that I can get one there, especially if they do do the £190 bundle, but if not I'll go the Woolies route.

Part of me does wonder if this will be a massive dissapointment though, I really, really hope it lives up to the hope.

Anyhow, I'll be popping into Woking Gamestation to check up on a: where I would be on a pre-order list and b: whether they'll hold onto a unit until the next morning if they do a midnight opening.

You have to sign an agreement thingie with the preorder T&Cs, and it states that your preorder will be held for up to 72 hours before they offer it to someone else.

I'm up and down.

At this point in time I'm looking likely to go for a US machine (yesterday I'd decided on a PAL).

Its not just for the back catalogue of US GC games I have too, I'm also thinking about future releases. I want the games when they come out, not when they trickle in to the UK market.

Yep, so at this moment, I'm looking at getting a US one.

I'm up and down.

At this point in time I'm looking likely to go for a US machine (yesterday I'd decided on a PAL).

Its not just for the back catalogue of US GC games I have too, I'm also thinking about future releases. I want the games when they come out, not when they trickle in to the UK market.

Yep, so at this moment, I'm looking at getting a US one.

I'll do what I did last time. Get the import machine on day one and pick up a PAL machine when they get a bit cheaper.

I need the NTSC machine for our trip to Jamaica on Dec 2 anyway. My wife (who's coming of her own accord BTW) suggested leaving the NTSC machine over there for our nephew so we might do that if we can afford to. I hope I can dump my zelda save on to an SD card and load it into a PAL copy. That's probably too hopeful.

My wife (who's coming of her own accord BTW)

Well I laughed.

I actually registered my interest at a certain branch of GAME about 6 months ago - got my own little slip in their Big Book of Pre-orders. God knows if they've kept it or it'll ensure me being top of any kind of list, I'll have to find out...

So, this is going to be the first console I've pre-ordered! Got my GameCube at launch, but just went into Dixons.

Argos is seeming like a sensible bet, heard a lot of good things about them during the 360 kerfuffle. Out of interest, how much deposit did they ask for that, and did anyone get it on launch day?

Guess I could also just pre-order it in the actual Argos store?

Anyone know wether we will be able to go online from the uk with imported machines??

No information has been released.

We'd hope that Nintendo would be aiming to bring online for everyone globally, i.e not just UK vs. UK

The Wii will connect to the net via your existing router or Wireless USB adaptor, so it won't know where in the world it is other than the information it recives from the game (PAL copy), or unlickly as it sounds IP look up.

Maybe we'll find that UK machines can only configure their weather information to default to the UK and US likewise; this is doubtful too as it was clear from the videos that the weather info could be pulled in from anywhere round the world.

Another advantage is that with the machines coming out within a week or so of each other there can't have been too much time spent on fiddling with each territory.