PWiiorders

rubberducker

Yeah it's bollocks. I registered my interest a while ago, came on here yesterday at about 12pm and saw that some people had managed to get their preorders in. I rang my GAME and was told that they'd just started taking deposits and that I'd be the first if I got in soon. I got there about half an hour later to find a bloke ahead of me in the queue asking about the Wii and being told he'd be the first if he preordered now. I pulled my slip out and and told them I'd registered my interest so I was going first. Which I did, so all sorted in the end but I did wonder what the point in registering your interest was if they don't bother phoning you and just try and get deposits out of whoever happens to wander in first.

EDIT: This is the first console I've preordered with GAME and I'm wondering how it will work at launch. I mean I'm number one on the list so if I get there for opening am I right in thinking I can just bust past everybody else and get my shit and leave? Or will I have to faff about waiting behind people that got there before me but are further down the list of preorders or don't have one at all?

Actually the more I think about that the more stupid it sounds but I'm an impatient cunt and don't want some spacker selling my Wii to some jammy git with no preorder or some such.

Nobody pre-ordered with GAME online? Still first come first served. Got an email dated at 6.30pm and picked it up about an hour later, pWii-ordered straight away. Should be high on the list I'd have thought, reckon their online site will get a large chunk of allocation. Over a fiver's worth of points too, which is nice. In case anyone cares I've gone for the Zelda/Red Steel bundle.

i went into my local indie and he told me that i wouldn't need to pre-order, i hope the bastard's right. i really don't want to miss out on one at launch. i also asked him to look into a component lead as well.

so, do you lot think there'll be shortages or what? has a uk launch amount been given yet?

well, i really can't see that many people rushing out and grabbing one at launch where i live. if i get there for opening time i reckon i'll be alright. hopefully.

well he's promised me he's getting a few in. the fucker better not be lying now...

so, when are retailers going to know their allocation? i think i might pop in and double check this weekend.

Eek.

I'll give them a call, and hope that they say they haven't started yet...

So I rang GAME up earlier, and asked if they were taking pre-orders. Apparently they are now, but were doing a stock take today so were too busy to ring people who had registered their interest, and would do it tomorrow instead.

Hopefully this means that I'll be able to get in tomorrow, before all the work-people and other such parental types get their phone-call and can plan to go into town, and be reet up top on the list! :lol:

EDIT: This is the first console I've preordered with GAME and I'm wondering how it will work at launch. I mean I'm number one on the list so if I get there for opening am I right in thinking I can just bust past everybody else and get my shit and leave? Or will I have to faff about waiting behind people that got there before me but are further down the list of preorders or don't have one at all?

Are you talking about midnight opening? I preordered my GC with Game (in Oxford) and went to the midnight opening. It was actually quite well organized.

They opened the shop before midnight and when you turned up, before you went into the shop, they checked exactly what it was you'd preordered (e.g. what games, and cables), then they assigned you a number. Although, I can't remember exactly whether the number was based on your pre-ordering position, or just what order you arrived at the shop in.

Anyway, after that you went into the shop and they had a few gamecubes set up with four controllers each and some of the launch games which you could play while waiting. Monkey ball was the most popular, we had some good monkey fight and monkey race games.

Then at midnight they dealt with everybody in the order of the number they had and the others could continue playing the games while waiting. By that point they had everybodies pre-orders already sorted into bags with their numbers on so they could get through them fairly quickly. I was quite surprised at how well it all went.

Is anywhere other than DVDBO doing pre-orders for the US ones yet?

Not that I've seen, the only supplier I've really dealt with is VG+ but that's only been for software. I just imagine once they do start taking preorders, even if you get your name down within an hour or so, you'll be miles down the list, though I suppose they should get a big allocation... It's the pre launch paranoia all over again :]

Is anywhere other than DVDBO doing pre-orders for the US ones yet?

I pre-ordered with Lik-Sang because they had a release date that went along with the US November one and not the Japanese December one. They've now since changed that to just 2006. So I can't really recomend them. Plus they don't ship from the US so there may be a delay there too.

Are you talking about midnight opening? I preordered my GC with Game (in Oxford) and went to the midnight opening. It was actually quite well organized.

They opened the shop before midnight and when you turned up, before you went into the shop, they checked exactly what it was you'd preordered (e.g. what games, and cables), then they assigned you a number. Although, I can't remember exactly whether the number was based on your pre-ordering position, or just what order you arrived at the shop in.

Anyway, after that you went into the shop and they had a few gamecubes set up with four controllers each and some of the launch games which you could play while waiting. Monkey ball was the most popular, we had some good monkey fight and monkey race games.

Then at midnight they dealt with everybody in the order of the number they had and the others could continue playing the games while waiting. By that point they had everybodies pre-orders already sorted into bags with their numbers on so they could get through them fairly quickly. I was quite surprised at how well it all went.

Sounds good. :(