IGNORED

PWiiorders

rubberducker

Why is it that America's loyal cadre of campers all look like surly teamsters, whereas ours look as though they've sneaked out of Eaton for the day?

The guys I was in line with at Target looked pretty much like the guys in that IGN article you linked. Of course they all got into their Ford F-350's after buying the Wii, and went off to play Duck Hunt for real afterwards.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/749/749512p1.html

Fucking hell. I don't get it, if they want one so badly that they're willing to camp outside a shop for it, why in the name of fuck didn't they just preorder the fucking thing? Total fucking spastic.

Was it that easy to pre-order in the UK then? Over here you had to camp outside like this to pre-order as well, as for websites you had to hit them right in the 30 second window when they had pre-orders available.

Even if you wanted to get a Wii this weekend in the US, I guarantee you'd have to get to the store at least 3 hours before it opened.

Was it that easy to pre-order in the UK then? Over here you had to camp outside like this to pre-order as well, as for websites you had to hit them right in the 30 second window when they had pre-orders available.

Even if you wanted to get a Wii this weekend in the US, I guarantee you'd have to get to the store at least 3 hours before it opened.

I just strolled on into HMV and ordered one at the end of september easy stuff

'Nintendo have short-shipped retailers'?

Bollocks.

Having seen some of the figures, what has actually happened is that most retailers have underestimated the demand.

There's a second shipment due next week into the UK kids. Might get lucky then. If not there should be one more before the new year.

I went into HMV and pre-ordered quite a bit after they had first started taking them and mine is guaranteed. It really wasn't difficult, it was just a case of not leaving it to the last minute and not ordering from somewhere stupid.

First 200 in the line get a Wii without pre-ordering from HMV Oxford Street, I wonder how long that's going to take.

I just strolled on into HMV and ordered one at the end of september easy stuff

I guess you had it easy compared to those of us in the USA then. I wonder why that is. Is it a sign of the Wii's lack of popularity in the UK, or will there be a lot of dissappointed people on launch day because they oversold the pre-orders?

IIRC only 2 retailors here actually allowed pre-orders. Toys 'R' Us and Gamestop/EB, and getting one of those pre-orders was definitely not a case of "strolling in".

When did you two pre-order?

God I'm dreading any messages left at home.

EDIT : There doesn't seem to be any correlation between time of pre-order and wether you're getting the DELAYED phone call. Even people who got the 8th of December quote over the phone yesturday are getting delayed (AVForums, Digital Spy etc). I fear this is an all-round disgrace now, with Argos completely fucking it up. Cocksuckers.

I ordered at the beginning of last week I think. Would I get a refund if I canceled? I mean after all, the guaranteed delivery and made you pay up front so surely they're breaking their word?

'Nintendo have short-shipped retailers'?

Bollocks.

Having seen some of the figures, what has actually happened is that most retailers have underestimated the demand.

There's a second shipment due next week into the UK kids. Might get lucky then. If not there should be one more before the new year.

If that were true, then Gameplay knew all along that some of their preorders wouldn't get served on the 8th - why would they do that?

BTW - what the hell is on those two plates? I'm thinking Mango Chutney and a Curry?

Sour grapes!

My currys.com Wii order changed to 'In Progress' at 4.13. £161.99 :) .

My choicesuk.com Zelda order is also in progress, £26.99.

Bargains.

I got the email from Currys too. No change with Choices but seeing as I ordered before you, I doubt it'll be a problem. I caved in yesterday and also got Monkey Ball for a not too shabby £29.44 (used discount code REWARD) from them too as well as a "processing" Wii Play from Play3K for £27.99.

That's a total saving of a not-too-shabby £49.42 compared to Gameplay and all seemingly arriving on day one.

Not bad, even if I do say so myself!

My Gameplay order is being picked! Hoorah!

Except not the classic controller (meh) or the extra remote (eep!). I am getting the extra nunchuk I asked for, though...

Stock must be really tight - I thought with everyone going for Wii Play I'd get a remote for sure!

I guess you had it easy compared to those of us in the USA then. I wonder why that is. Is it a sign of the Wii's lack of popularity in the UK, or will there be a lot of dissappointed people on launch day because they oversold the pre-orders?

IIRC only 2 retailors here actually allowed pre-orders. Toys 'R' Us and Gamestop/EB, and getting one of those pre-orders was definitely not a case of "strolling in".

Haven't you kind of answered your own question there? Here preorders are done properly, there they aren't.

Haven't you kind of answered your own question there? Here preorders are done properly, there they aren't.

Depends on how you look at it. Nobody in the US I know of got a phone call/email saying that their pre-order couldn't be fulfilled because they didn't get enough stock. Judging by what I'm reading here, some people are getting those emails in the UK.

I fail to see how Gamestop/EB' and ToyRUs's pre-orders weren't "done properly" either. They simply sold all their preorders extremely quickly.

My Currys order for the console is also processing, as are my various orders for all my games. To be perfectly frank, I'm not that excited or interested at the moment, but I sure as hell wish to get my money's worth by boasting about it to those who will be unlucky on December 8 :)

That felt much better than anything Wii Play is going to offer me. Those who get to keep their money are the true winners. Congratulations.

Those of you who have got orders from Currys that are processing, when did you order?

I've ordered from Currys after being disappointed by Play, I suspect Currys won't have the stock to fulfill my order which is annoying because I have a day off on Friday and I wanted to waste my day :) .

My Currys order for the console is also processing, as are my various orders for all my games. To be perfectly frank, I'm not that excited or interested at the moment, but I sure as hell wish to get my money's worth by boasting about it to those who will be unlucky on December 8 :)

That felt much better than anything Wii Play is going to offer me. Those who get to keep their money are the true winners. Congratulations.

Yeah, people being denied something they are excited about should be over the moon!

Those of you who have got orders from Currys that are processing, when did you order?

I've ordered from Currys after being disappointed by Play, I suspect Currys won't have the stock to fulfill my order which is annoying because I have a day off on Friday and I wanted to waste my day :) .

I ordered on the 15th October and a buddy of mine ordered on the 25th. We're both processing.

October 24 for me.