PWiiorders

rubberducker

I reckon PC World will be ok, they should get a reasonable amount of stock, and it's not exactly the first place anyone thinks of to preorder a wii. I'm not that bothered if i get it a few days after launch day, so long as its here for my birthday on the 16th

GAME still haven't called me about being able to pre-order.

Why do I feel like something has gone wrong?

i registered in two branches and only got a call from one;i'd just pop in if i were you.

i didnt manage to get in yesterday (my kids were ill, so i made the middlecore decision of staying at home with them rather than forcing them to go to school) and as a result im 22 on the norwich (st stephens) list.

ive got the >20 fear now (shows visibly trembling hand)

The only reason I ask is because Im working I wont be there for delivery unless I take the day off. I dont want to lose a days holiday on the 8th (Friday) if its not going to turn up :wub:

Edit: I take it Game uses Royal Mail?

Pacelforce delivered my 360.

I spoke to a rep at Gameplay and was told Wii play and all the other Wii games are listed on the website.

All you have to do it click on Wii banner and then the games banner.

Also he stated that the prices are placeholder and should be lowered once they get confirmation how much each unit of games/hardware cost.

63rd in the queue at Game. 63 is quite a lot, I think.

The manager guy in my branch of game said that there would be no problem at all with stock, allocations would be around 250 per store (mind you this was about a week ago when they weren't even taking preorders).

so if he's right you're home free.

doesnt stop me being nervous about being 22nd in my branch though perhaps you stand a better chance than me because you dont appear to live in the wretched provinces.

thats it i just know that everyone is going to get a wii except me; come december the 8th im gonna be just like mimi rogers in 'the rapture'

Pre-ordered a Wii and Zelda from Gameplay for £219 and was pleasantly suprised with the free shipping.

Luckily I registered my work email as well as my home one to get the notification so I ordered pretty much straight away. Do Gameplay usually get a healthy allocation does anyone know?

The manager guy in my branch of game said that there would be no problem at all with stock, allocations would be around 250 per store (mind you this was about a week ago when they weren't even taking preorders).

so if he's right you're home free.

doesnt stop me being nervous about being 22nd in my branch though perhaps you stand a better chance than me because you dont appear to live in the wretched provinces.

thats it i just know that everyone is going to get a wii except me; come december the 8th im gonna be just like mimi rogers in 'the rapture'

Ooooh I hadn't thought about not getting one! More meant that I was surprised so many people had already ordered! Gulp :lol:

I'm down in Devon...I'm guessing that Game have ahd so many pre-orders as there's no GameStation in town and only a small indie.

Gah, I really want to pre-order one but I'm not going to be living at this address in a few weeks and I ... er, don't know what my new address is going to be yet. I wonder if I can pre-order with one address just now, then change it later.

if you're preordering in store it shouldnt even be an issue, if your doing it online it may be trickier, game (for example) will only accept a preorder for a single machine being dispatched to the billing address of the card being used to pay for it.

Ooooh I hadn't thought about not getting one! More meant that I was surprised so many people had already ordered! Gulp :angry:

I'm down in Devon...I'm guessing that Game have ahd so many pre-orders as there's no GameStation in town and only a small indie.

Sorry man, that was *supposed* to be reassuring; but i think a little of my own fear may have seeped in.

:lol: You're gonna get one!; everythings gonna be fine - my branch fulfilled every single 360 preorder (150ish units apparently) and theres supposed to be a damn sight more wiis than there were 360s.

If the Wii launch is handled as well as the Gamecube one was then getting a console won't be a problem. I seem to remember that even though it sold very well at launch getting hold of one straight after wasn't a problem. The one thing NOE did get right was enough stock to cover the initial demand.

If the Wii launch is handled as well as the Gamecube one was then getting a console won't be a problem. I seem to remember that even though it sold very well at launch getting hold of one straight after wasn't a problem. The one thing NOE did get right was enough stock to cover the initial demand.

Yep, got my GC about 2 weeks after release with a nicely discounted bundle too.

think I'm gonna cave and check out my secret* HMV's list tonight.

*To be revealed tomorrow if I make it onto the list. :lol:

ok boys I'm in!

Went to the little out-of-the-way HMV in Manchester Piccadilly station.

Worrying the guy couldn't tell me exactly where I was but re-assured me that they'd only had a couple of orders before mine. :angry:

They bunged the £30 deposit onto a Reward card and also gave me a "£5 off if you spend over £30" voucher too, so I can hopefully pick up Red Steel when I collect it.

Seemed a bit vague on the pick-up details, but I pass the shop every day anyway so it'll be easy to check.

Anyone else in Manc up for some 4-player action sometime over Christmas?!

After getting a pre-order in with Gameplay this afternoon, I phoned GAME to see why they hadn't rung me, given that I had registered my interest with them a few weeks back. The guy I spoke to said I was a quite a way down the list (30th when I asked last time I was in) and that they hadn't got as far as me yet. I asked how many people before me had converted their interest into a pre-order, and he said 16(ish). Since I won't be able to get to the store until Saturday to put down a deposit, I asked whether I would keep my place in the original list, and he basically said that it was first come first served. If I'd have teleported over I'd have been 17th, by the weekend much further down the list.

Now, I'd hoped to go to GAME for a midnight launch, but since I got in early at Gameplay I likely go with them instead. The thing I don't get though, is what was the point in GAME's "interest" list? (Other than they may give me a ring several days after pre-orders have opened.)

I remember when I worked at Game these sorts of things were just a bit of a nightmare to organise. Mainly because some of my staff were just muppets. They'd do things like write names and numbers on post-it notes, which went missing, which led to pissed off customers. Bloody nightmare when the customers comes in ranting and you don't have any consoles left.

We even put a few Dreamcasts, I think it was, aside just incase people were missed. Then your regional manager is on the blower going mental because you've still got consoles in stock. They're not interested in the customers, they want all the consoles in their regions sold ASAP. The poor gits in the shop have to take the heat when someone turns up a few days after launch for their console