IGNORED

PWiiorders

rubberducker

Had my preorder confirmed by Virgin yesterday - hurrah! They said that I had to pick it up by Saturday evening or they'd flog it to someone else, which I thought was a bit tight.

Am starting to regret not taking the day off on Friday - it'll be sat by my desk all day. I'll have to set it up in the boardroom at lunchtime...

Yeah, it's a Pal.

I opened the box and had a good old nosey. Few small impressions I just sent to a mate:

"I would have taken more, [pictures] but I felt rude as I opened someone elses."

If Game try to give me an unsealed Wii this glorious Friday morning it will be inserted into the assistant where the 60hz don't shine.

I need the pure Nintendo Smell you see.

Well I just phoned Argos as I hadn't heard anything from them since I ordered back in October, and the uncertainty & conflicting stories on here were getting me worried...

Anyway, a wii has been "allocated" to my order, which is good as it means I'll definitely get one. I will apparently receive a call tomorrow to arrange a delivery time that is convenient for me, likely to be either Friday or Saturday.

So I can relax again now... and my phone will not leave my side tomorrow.

If Game try to give me an unsealed Wii this glorious Friday morning it will be inserted into the assistant where the 60hz don't shine.

I need the pure Nintendo Smell you see.

If the boxes are the same as the US ones, then there's no "seal". I.e. you can just open the box take everything out, then put everything back in and nobody would be the wiser. Stuff inside is individually wrapped and taped up however, so there's your seal right there.

Okay, I just phoned Gameplay and the man said that payment will be taken "this evening or tonight" and that the order looked fine.

That's quite encouraging, thanks. I don't fully understand why they couldn't tell me that instead of;

"It all looks ok, I wouldn't worry... although, you know, stock allocations and that, bit dodgy that stuff... ummm... do you want to call back on Friday mate?"

If it's any consolation to others who're seeing no progress on their Gameplay orders, only half of the six people I know who ordered with them (all of whom received the confirmation email) have had that shipping update email mentioned here.

If the boxes are the same as the US ones, then there's no "seal". I.e. you can just open the box take everything out, then put everything back in and nobody would be the wiser. Stuff inside is individually wrapped and taped up however, so there's your seal right there.

Right, cheers for that. They don't even have the little seals that are on the ends of the DS Lite box? Wouldn't put it past the tossers in my Game to have been passing the bloody thing around to customers to show them one in the flesh.

I got the shipping update email but there's still the concern of something going wrong. Hopefully though the money will indeed leave my account this evening. If it doesn't, it looks like I'll be doing the midnight supermarket rounds and then potentially travelling the length of the country to acquire one on Friday....

yay, just got a call from my local Gamestation saying i could pick up my Wii tomorrow nite at their midnight launch.

Probably gonna stumble in completely drunk due to me having my Xmas work do starting a 12:30pm tommorrow. Cue hilarity as i try to type in my PIN number.

I got the shipping update email but there's still the concern of something going wrong. Hopefully though the money will indeed leave my account this evening. If it doesn't, it looks like I'll be doing the midnight supermarket rounds and then potentially travelling the length of the country to acquire one on Friday....

If something goes wrong I might actually breathe a sigh of relief and wait until US units become more widely available and then order one from VGP... But I'm not sure I can wait until next year.

That's quite encouraging, thanks. I don't fully understand why they couldn't tell me that instead of;

"It all looks ok, I wouldn't worry... although, you know, stock allocations and that, bit dodgy that stuff... ummm... do you want to call back on Friday mate?"

If it's any consolation to others who're seeing no progress on their Gameplay orders, only half of the six people I know who ordered with them (all of whom received the confirmation email) have had that shipping update email mentioned here.

I'm in the same boat as you, not had any email from Gameplay beyond the whole "you're getting one on launch day" email a while back. So having just spoken to them, the Wii is still on for Friday, but they won't commit to which games / accessories will ship with it. I'm starting to be really thankful that Nintendo bundled Wii Sports with the console, at least I'll have something to play!

Oh, the guy on the phone also said that the order status should change to 'picking' or something similar this evening.

...yet I'm still not convinced. I am, however, an eternal pessimist and think it's a genuine possibility that I'll go blind either before or shortly after I get my Wii.

Right, cheers for that. They don't even have the little seals that are on the ends of the DS Lite box? Wouldn't put it past the tossers in my Game to have been passing the bloody thing around to customers to show them one in the flesh.

You mean the little clear sticky discs? Mine didn't, but maybe the UK packaging is different. The US box is just closed with little cardboard flaps. However, the stuff inside is wrapped in either clear plastic or foam sheeting and taped up.

BTW - the Wii's box is very much influenced by the kind of packaging Apple uses.

I can't believe stores don't know how many consoles they're receiving. surely, at some point along the line, someone made an actual order for them from Nintendo. It's not like they just say "Can we have some Wiis please?" and then send a blank cheque to Nintendo.

Anyway, there needs to be a serious clampdown on this "pre-order" bullshit. If places are taking £20 a pop (Curry's you utter cunts I'm looking at you) and then they're not even able to provide the units on release day then they need a kick in the arse. Seriously, this needs to be tightened up.

Just contacted gameplay.co.uk and they aren't expecting the component or RGB scarts in until the 8th at the earliest and they are getting an incredibly limited amount of each.

So component cables on day one, not a chance then :)

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Just contacted gameplay.co.uk and they aren't expecting the component or RGB scarts in until the 8th at the earliest and they are getting an incredibly limited amount of each.

That's my hopes crushed. A weekend of composite gaming awaits. And that's at best, if I get the Wii at all and if I'm in Gameplay's first batch of RGB cables. Which is unlikely, as I only ordered one a few weeks ago.

That's my hopes crushed. A weekend of composite gaming awaits. And that's at best, if I get the Wii at all and if I'm in Gameplay's first batch of RGB cables. Which is unlikely, as I only ordered one a few weeks ago.

Well at least you wont be alone, the vast majority of the UK will be sharing your composite pain. My play-asia order is still pending ship. But I aint cancelling it. seeing as no one knows when the UKis getting stock :)