PWiiorders

rubberducker

I've just checked my credit card statement and Woolies have taken the money from my card.

I ordered online and selected the in-store pick up option.

Does this mean I'll definitely have one in the store to pick up on Friday d'you think?

I've never used Woolies for preordering before, so a bit worried.

Bear in mind the receipt says they charge you when it's dispatched, so this means it is about to dispatch to the store. So I don't know about definitely - the delivery truck could break down, gagnsters could hijack it, a plane could crash into it, etc. - but I suspect your console is going to the store right now. In other words, it'll be there on Thursday, for collection first thing on Friday. At least I hope so, 'cos I'm in exactly the same situation.

On a different note, they haven't yet charged for my Zelda and WiiPlay, which I ordered later. I reckon I'm going to end up with a console and no accessories, but hey ho.

Bear in mind the receipt says they charge you when it's dispatched, so this means it is about to dispatch to the store. So I don't know about definitely - the delivery truck could break down, gagnsters could hijack it, a plane could crash into it, etc. - but I suspect your console is going to the store right now. In other words, it'll be there on Thursday, for collection first thing on Friday. At least I hope so, 'cos I'm in exactly the same situation.

On a different note, they haven't yet charged for my Zelda and WiiPlay, which I ordered later. I reckon I'm going to end up with a console and no accessories, but hey ho.

Bloody Gansters. I hate them. Especially those game console ones.

What is happening at Argos? Eh? I rang yesterday, and the woman said they've got them in the warehouse now, ready to dispatch for delivery for Friday. And now it's not the case.

Friday's gonna be crap waiting at the door all day. :unsure:

I honestly wouldn't worry. The vast majority of people who have phoned up Argos on this and other forums have had the Friday delivery date confirmed. I'd guess there's the odd call centre employee who's not up to speed.

Argos got me my 360 on launch day. On their webpage, they state that the Wiis will be delivered on 8th Dec (or they certainly used to: I saved the page just in case). I doubt they'll be phoning everyone, apparently they've had 15,000 preorders (source: someone on the internet, so it's bound to be true).

It'll all be fine!

I'm picking mine up on Friday afternoon after work. If Game even think of selling any of the controllers and nunchucks I've pre-ordered there will be hell to pay. I've already had words with one of the shop assisiants when he said they could be in short supply and would be sold to pre-orderers on a first come first served basis and not on a first pre-ordered basis.

So anyone had word from gameplay yet? Mine still says ordered :unsure:

Likewise, but they don't tend to update their site until later in the day.

Given they always use guaranteed-next-day-couriers for console delivery, I wonder if it'd qualify as breaking street date if they actually sent them out today?

You're right. This is exciting! Stressful and exciting. Mostly exciting. I haven't been this excited for a launch in years.

Looks like i'm just gonna have to wait it out.

Good ol' Nintendo eh? I was worried i was getting bored of computer games, but then the ds came along, and now Wiiiiiiii.

Can't actually wait.

So anyone had word from gameplay yet? Mine still says ordered :unsure:

Had the email the other saying I'd be charged on Tuesday or Wednesday and the console would ship on Thursday. Checked this morning and my order is still on "Ordered" and I've not been charged yet.

I'm not that excited, I'd prefer mine to be delivered next week, which will give me a better chance of not being outed as a games-playing nerd by my neighbours. If they see my taking delivery of a parcel on Friday, well, they'll know what it is and I'll be humiliated forever. 'Been playing with your Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, have you? Want a Barbie doll for Christmas?' The shame of it. I'll almost certainly be knifed.

I'm not that excited, I'd prefer mine to be delivered next week, which will give me a better chance of not being outed as a games-playing nerd by my neighbours. If they see my taking delivery of a parcel on Friday, well, they'll know what it is and I'll be humiliated forever. 'Been playing with your Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiii, have you? Want a Barbie doll for Christmas?' The shame of it. I'll almost certainly be knifed.

I literally don't care, most of my neighbours are 90years old. They can't hear, let alone see.

Woken up by Parcelforce this morning :unsure:

It was a GBA micro that I bought from ryodi. :D

It's very nice anyway. :D

So much for first class delivery, I posted that on Monday.

2 days to go and I still can't decide whether or not to pick my Wii up at midnight on Thursday. After I get it I'll have to come straight home and go to bed because I've got work on Friday and I won't be able to use it until 7pm on Friday night.

Anyone know of a place that actually has RGB and component leads available?

i assume a Nunchuck and Classic controller will be easier to get on Fri morning.

I wouldnt count on it.

apparently the nunchuck and classic controller are in such low quantities its stupid. Both of mine where put on back order at HMV and a workmate has phone several places and they said they are getting about 3 each per store :unsure:

im hoping my extra wiimote arrives for the weekend really..

i assume a Nunchuck and Classic controller will be easier to get on Fri morning.

Yes-Asia posted my component leads last night, so they may be worth a try.

Gold dust, hen's teeth, rocking horse shit, for all of the above.

You'll be very lucky to find any of them by the sounds of things.

Had the email the other saying I'd be charged on Tuesday or Wednesday and the console would ship on Thursday. Checked this morning and my order is still on "Ordered" and I've not been charged yet.

Had a look on Gameplay too and my order is 'Part-Complete'. Nnnnnghhh. This wait is unbearable and I can't even access the Virtual Console till the interwebs get sorted in my new house. I'll be taking the long walk to work on Friday to try and pick up an extra controller for some multiplayer Tennis in the evening as I doubt the WiiPlay is going to arrive in time.

Had a look on Gameplay too and my order is 'Part-Complete'.

Mine's still just "Ordered". If it doesn't change soon I may just actually explode. Although the way my chest and throat and head are starting to feel, I'm really not sure if I'll be wanting to play the Wii by Friday. I think simply getting out of bed might be a tall order.

Way to ruin Wii-day, sickness!

I've been impressed with Gameplay. Whilst their website isn't saying much, I keep getting regular emails from them. The latest saying it will be sent out on Thursday, will arrive on launch day and will need me to sign for it.

That's all I want to know.

Posted this in the other thread but have a question regarding whether places can enforce a bundle on a pre-order for a console that some of you might be able to help me with:

'Just gave my Blockbuster a call and they said they don't know how many they will get in but they only took 6 pre-orders before head office told them to stop so hopefully they'll get enough. Bit disappointed they don't know thier allocation by now.

But more irritating is that the guy I spoke to said head office had told them they could only sell the console with 2 games which since I've already got my games elsewhere is going to be a bloody pain. Of course I also don't think they are in a position to demand that I buy two games considering I've put down a deposit for a Wii console, nothing more, I don't think legally they can attach stipulations when I have already laid a deposit down and no one mentioned it at the time. But again I rather not turn up on Friday and have to have a big argument over it. What do people think, can they stipulate I buy 2 games before buying a Wii or if I kick up a fuss will they back down. The guy I spoke seemed to know his stuff and said it was an iron clad order from head office, but since I have a pre-order I think I'll be able to argue that they can't apply it to me....'

I've been impressed with Gameplay. Whilst their website isn't saying much, I keep getting regular emails from them. The latest saying it will be sent out on Thursday, will arrive on launch day and will need me to sign for it.

That's all I want to know.

I have had no such emails! :unsure:

Aside from the initial confirmation that i'd be received one on launch day, I haven't received any updates from them. Should I be worried?

Posted this in the other thread but have a question regarding whether places can enforce a bundle on a pre-order for a console that some of you might be able to help me with:

'Just gave my Blockbuster a call and they said they don't know how many they will get in but they only took 6 pre-orders before head office told them to stop so hopefully they'll get enough. Bit disappointed they don't know thier allocation by now.

But more irritating is that the guy I spoke to said head office had told them they could only sell the console with 2 games which since I've already got my games elsewhere is going to be a bloody pain. Of course I also don't think they are in a position to demand that I buy two games considering I've put down a deposit for a Wii console, nothing more, I don't think legally they can attach stipulations when I have already laid a deposit down and no one mentioned it at the time. But again I rather not turn up on Friday and have to have a big argument over it. What do people think, can they stipulate I buy 2 games before buying a Wii or if I kick up a fuss will they back down. The guy I spoke seemed to know his stuff and said it was an iron clad order from head office, but since I have a pre-order I think I'll be able to argue that they can't apply it to me....'

It's an old one... they are brakeing the contract. However all you are intitled to is you deposit back so yeah, they cant do it, but they have and unless you buy the two games you will be wiiless

I have had no such emails! :unsure:

Aside from the initial confirmation that i'd be received one on launch day, I haven't received any updates from them. Should I be worried?

Have you changed your email address recently?

My Gameplay Wii order emails are still going to the address I used when I ordered my Wii, not the current address I have registered with them.

Good thing I decided to keep the old email address alive for a few months after changing, really.