Which region Wii?

Wii  

319 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Im definately down for a US machine, main factor being my 30-odd US Cube games working on it.

If by some miracle Nintendo come out and say that you can play any region cube games on any region Wii, then I will go for a PAL machine purely for the ease of driving 10 minutes to Bluewater and picking one up.

It would work by them locking the region for that particular game. The console has region locking available, if the publisher chooses to use it.

Yeh, but why would the first publisher want to lock the region? If they didn't lock then they'd sell some in the region that it wasn't intended for, giving them better sales.

No longer region free.

Nintendo UK has admitted that the Wii console is region-locked after all, despite comments from Nintendo of America to the contrary.

Speaking to GamesIndustry.biz in London this afternoon, a spokesperson admitted, "We are region-locked," and said the US arm of the company had made a mistake in saying otherwise.

Earlier we reported on a piece by Wired News, which spoke to Nintendo vice president of marketing Perrin Kaplan during yesterday's showcase event in New York, during which they were told that Nintendo would not impose regional restrictions on game software.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=67653

A PAL one.

Sure, a foreign machine is great for getting releases earlier (and even great games that won't come out here, providing Nintendo Europe are actually lying about the region-free not happening), but what about when you're trawling through the bargain bins and pick up some great gems for about £10? Can't really get that with import titles, unless you go to an indie store.

PAL for me.

Partly because I've always bought PAL consoles (DS Lite is the only machine I've ever imported) and it works for me, and partly because it's the only one that's guaranteed to work here (online etc.)

Plus with just a three-week global launch window (who would ever have expected that even a year ago?) surely this is the least import-incentivising Nintendo console ever?

Those three weeks are going to be agonising for us PAL gamers, sure. But it's only THREE WEEKS. I've had Lego Star Wars II wrapped in cellophane since Monday - I think I've got the patience.

Probably US for me, for earlier/more releases, lower price and guaranteed prog scan, and because most of my Cube games are US anyway.

I'm not getting one for a month or two after launch (availability allowing, obv), so this might change when there's actual info out there about region locking etc.

A PAL one.

Sure, a foreign machine is great for getting releases earlier (and even great games that won't come out here, providing Nintendo Europe are actually lying about the region-free not happening), but what about when you're trawling through the bargain bins and pick up some great gems for about £10? Can't really get that with import titles, unless you go to an indie store.

Hang on, but the Wii is region free, so I'll be able to pick up the same bargains an play them, wont I? :)

PAL, as I had doubts about the US online stuff working over here, so I switched my US Cube collection for UK versions. So for Back Compatability, (and I bet my mate a Wii game that I could wiat for the PAL release, he thought there would be a five month gap between US and UK releases), and ease of online use FTW