IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

So I'm giving the Destiny trial a go with a view to getting TTK. If I were to get TTK should I play through all of Destiny or crush that crystal thing to get to 25 and just play TTK?

If you are enjoying the trial, there's an argument that you might as well finish the old content before moving on. It depends how much you are enjoying it and how patient you are I guess.

If you are enjoying the trial, there's an argument that you might as well finish the old content before moving on. It depends how much you are enjoying it and how patient you are I guess.

I just moved onto TTK last night after finishing all the old quests and getting to level 33 by myself. I've thoroughly enjoyed it... TTK takes the game to a whole new level though.

The trial is putting me off, to be honest. It's all very boring and I don't like the movement. It's like you're in treacle. Is there any sort of boost mechanic?

The trial is putting me off, to be honest. It's all very boring and I don't like the movement. It's like you're in treacle. Is there any sort of boost mechanic?

Sprint? Double jump? Base walking speed improves when you unlock the relevant agility perk in your subclass.

There's a run button. As mentioned previously, there are agility boosts as you level up and some weapons and armour can come with agility boosts too.

what sort of movement do you really like in an fps? give us an example. actually keen to understand this feedback. it's interesting because I find the way this game moves better than perfect.

That website is great - but it tracks how many your account has got.

To get the quests/Touch of Malice you need 45 on one character - it can be a pain to work out what you're missing if you've been picking them on alts

That website is great - but it tracks how many your account has got.

To get the quests/Touch of Malice you need 45 on one character - it can be a pain to work out what you're missing if you've been picking them on alts

Or simply don't pick up fragments with other characters??? :doh:

You've not fucked it up - you can still get them all. You've just made it much harder for yourself.

Given how easy it is to find some CFs (one or two you literally walk past on quests) and the lack of decent tracking system Bungie has made it really easy for people to inadvertently make it much hard for themselves.

I wonder what (if anything, beyond the amazing lore) will be the reward for 50/50

Watch the Datto guides for the calcifieds. He shows you how to pick them up in order. Just follow the guide on one character. Not a five minute job but fairly straightforward.

Nightfall this week is a deeply horrible experience. It's the Taken version so just getting to Valus is a long thing and then it's just rockets rockets rockets, bleugh!

Then you get ANOTHER ghost for your troubles.

Thanks Kyuss and Dave for stepping up.

What's all this calcified stuff or trials you're talking about?

There are 50 calcified fragments hidden on dreadnought (either in patrols or related activity like strikes/raid). They look like little glowing blue rocks

They give you a small amount of rep when found and give you a Grimoire card detailing the history of Oryx, the hive and the taken,

They unlock a series of missions at (IIRC) 15, 30 and 45. [You also need raid complete to unlock the 45 one]

Once done (and a few other activities like giving her mats) Eris presents you with the Touch of Malice 310 Exotic Scout Rifle.

Which, basically, hits like a truck but drains your life as you fire it.

I know it's been said in this thread a hundred times before, but... you really need to buddy up and do some stuff in a group with proper comms, Scott. Same goes for anyone else trying the game out or in its relatively early stages (by which I mean up to first raid level, which is now much lower than heroic strike level (!)). Like most MMOs (or pseudo-MMOs, whatever), all these things become a thousand times clearer and more fun in a group. Plus, the best and most rewarding content is only really doable in the non-matchmade fireteams.

Just bite the bullet and do it.