rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Gorf King

Destiny: FIN

I've played for about 35 hours and level 30 (cheated to level 25) and still find this thread intimidating!

Still just doing some early strikes for now, but hope nice peeps here may help me out when things get tough - midwalian on psn too. Light level 225 or so atm.

Bloody fun though :)

Can someone help with Jolly Holiday? Despite one exception below I've basically made no real progress tonight

As far as I can work out (and from reading) - assists and kills don't matter. Kill streaks matter (and multi kills matter alot)

Any weapon seems to work - but I don't seem to get any credit from my Warlock Arc super? Got 3-4 kills many times and no progress?

Grenades work (a good streak and a triple kill grenade got me 40%...don't think that's going to be repeated)

Horrid quest. Completely ruins the PvP playstyle. It's all hide/runaway/hope your teammates don't suck and do most of work. It turns Cruicible into a stress filled game when you're afraid to engage in anything other picking off enemies by camping or killstealing. "Renown" in the Crucible. Ha.

The general advice I was given was to go into the Mayhem playlist, wait until your super bar is full, then equip the gun and run and muller some enemies, then when your super runs out unequip the gun. Rinse and repeat.

I couldn't be arsed with the quest and think it will probably sit on the quest menu screen mocking me until Destiny 2 comes out.

I'm finding Jolly Holiday "ok" - 66% at the moment and think I'll have it done in a few more games. I've just been doing classic 6v6.

Imprecation on other hand was a total fucker - I was a raging beast of hatred by the time I got that done. But it was all worth it as the gun is TOTAL SHIT AND I'll NEVER USE IT. WHY DID I WASTE MY TIME!

• Downvote 1

Logged on last night and found that I have no idea about anything in Destiny anymore. Seems I have to hunt around the web and YouTube to find out how to do half the missions or to get weapons etc.

I really don't have the time to constantly and I worry they are focussing too much on the hardcore rather than those who drop in and out.

You just do the missions the same way you always have - shoot stuff until it dies. Eventually you get (or buy) rewards from them. It's not like it's Eve Online hardcore-obscure.

Of course, raids might be different - they are hard to work out at first if you don't take hints from others. Long may they remain so. But aside from those, and the admittedly more obscure optional, hidden sections for special prizes (which secrets Bungie know are likely to be cracked collectively and shared online, and are nice little surprises), Destiny's pretty much just as straightforward to play as it ever was.

Logged on last night and found that I have no idea about anything in Destiny anymore. Seems I have to hunt around the web and YouTube to find out how to do half the missions or to get weapons etc.

I really don't have the time to constantly and I worry they are focussing too much on the hardcore rather than those who drop in and out.

Its really pretty straightforward, sure there have been a couple of missions that have veered off in another direction to give you a crack at a new exotic, but most of the best guns can be bought, the vendors sell some of the best stuff.

Only a few exotics are worth using on repeat (zhalo, black spindle being 2 of em).

2 of the best guns I have I got to choose at the end of taken king quest line, the vanguard auto rifle is a great gun, in PVP as well as it has unflinching, and you get awarded a 1000 yard stare with firefly, which is still my go to sniper rifle as it frees up an exotic slot.

Oh... And the normal raid I had to bail out of (stoopid Rambo giving his stoopid brother his stoopid spare destingy disc) turns out I got some 303 boots, aye, not great, but I infused them into the ones I already wear, I mean, who wants extra side arm ammo when the ones I have can give me extra sniper or rocket launcher ammo.

For Jolly Holiday, pick your battles. Waiting for heavy/super before equipping TLW definitely helps. And don't even bring it out on maps where you'll be doing most of tthe fighting at long range. One cheeky tactic is to make sure you equip it at the end of a round just before your team wins.

Oh... And the normal raid I had to bail out of (stoopid Rambo giving his stoopid brother his stoopid spare destingy disc) turns out I got some 303 boots, aye, not great, but I infused them into the ones I already wear, I mean, who wants extra side arm ammo when the ones I have can give me extra sniper or rocket launcher ammo.

sidearm ammo.lol

they really need to sort out side arms.

• Upvote 1

Ha, my brother's been talking about getting a PS4 for ages, if he does, he's also getting my spare disc. :D

Oh, turns out my m8 finally bought TTK now, so, I am back at the beginning helping him out now as well.

Hurrah! Found my missing fragment, was the shield bros one! Spent a couple of days tracking that down had to go through them all again! Anyway I now has ToM what a great time I had with that :)

You do know there are websites that track which fragments you've got right?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You do know there are websites that track which fragments you've got right?

You do know they track how many you have across ALL your characters? The quest requires you have 45 ON ONE CHARACTER, there is no way to tell which ones you have or haven't got on an individual character apart from the numeric indicator on the Dreadnought map, hence the backtracking.

Just picked this up today, looking forward to getting into it and being able to decode the posts in this thread. This must be what it's like to join the Street Fighter IV thread now. Quite excited. I played the beta but that was obviously ages ago now and this is apparently a bit better.

Am I going to have to come back in a few months to be able to play with people from here or do most people have a few characters of varying levels or what?

There's a quick boost item available, assuming you have the Legendary edition which takes you to 25, so by the time you've finished all the story missions, you should be in good shape.

The sound design in this game is amazing the noise some of the bigger mobs make is horrendous in all the right ways. :)

Am I going to have to come back in a few months to be able to play with people from here or do most people have a few characters of varying levels or what?

I only got Destiny (and a PS4) last Monday and made it to 40 last night, although I did play a fair bit over the weekend so it shouldn't take you long to get to max level but before that the game scales everything down pretty well so you can for example do some patrolling (random quests on a planet) with a friends higher level character and they won't be one shotting everything and trivialising the experience.

Edit. Personally I wouldn't use the boost for a first character, save it for a second one and play through as intended first time round even though the story is fucking awful!.

Yasawas get your first character to 40 with thre boost and then make an alt for old content. You'll soon catch up.

Any ways what's a good gun to spend my legendary marks on for a p v p warlock? Humg jury?

Edit. Personally I wouldn't use the boost for a first character, save it for a second one and play through as intended first time round even though the story is fucking awful!.

Indeed, I'll go through it honest the first time I think, especially since it seems to be a lot quicker to progress than I'd thought. Cheers!

If you haven't got a Hung Jury already, whether you want it for PVP or not, get one, and infuse it up asap.

It's one of year 2's essential weapons, regardless of class.

Will say though, I find Nirwen's Mercy more fun/satisfying to use. Can't put my finger on why.

I found that I didn't use my hung jury much. Got so many hours with firefly etc, and now the dis 47/43 with full auto, it became less relevant. Deffo a great entry level gun tho, easy to get and instantly top tier.

That said, the sheen on it is OTT. It's blinding at times...

Any ways what's a good gun to spend my legendary marks on for a p v p warlock? Humg jury?

Hung Jury is an essential purchase, but mainly as a PvE weapon. Scout Rifles are seemingly many (perhaps even most) people's preferred PvE weapon type, and the roll at the Dead Orbit vendor is fantastic.

Where PvP is concerned, it seems that the Primary weapon type of choice is presently the Pulse Rifle, with Auto Rifle a fairly distant second. Then of course you've got the shotgun as most people's Special Weapon of choice, and then it's personal preference for most people whether they go Machine Gun or Rocket Launcher for their Heavy.

If you're going to be (or already are) Dead Orbit for a week to get Hung Jury, then Patch-A is a decent shotgun, if not as good as the Conspiracy Theory-D you can get from one of the quests. (I took the Fusion Rifle instead, as I already had a decent shotgun. I am an idiot.) The vendor Next Big Thing (Crucible) is also supposed to be pretty good (I have a drop I like of it, if that helps), but the vendor CT-D (Vanguard) is supposed to be a bit underwhelming. I want a Year 2 Party Crasher, to be honest.

When it comes to Primaries, and specifically Pulse Rifles, then Nirwen's Mercy (Iron Banner) appears to be flavour of the month, but Apple of Discord (Vanguard) and Hawksaw (Crucible) are also very popular, as is the Exotic Red Death. I decided to be a little different and went and bought The Villainy from the Future War Cult instead, and took that for a spin in the Crucible for the first time last night, with some fairly impressive results, so I would have thought you're unlikely to go too far wrong with any of those.

I'm not sure about vendor Machine Guns at the moment (I got the Raid one, and adore it, so I've not been looking), but I am now saving to get The Vertigo while I'm still on FWC, as that's a pretty good-looking PvP Rocket Launcher (and I suppose I should have one, just in case). I'll then switch back to Dead Orbit to compare my roll of The Next Big Thing with the Dead Orbit vendor Patch-A

After that I need to decide which faction I'll actually stick with (for now, at least). I should probably start levelling New Monarchy, just to give myself the option of purchasing from them in future, but I have an inherent and irrational dislike of them, and have never levelled them at all. I've been Dead Orbit the most, I think, and certainly in Year 2, but actually think I like FWC best, both for role-playing and design (as their colours make them look like a wipEout 2097 team).

(Incidentally, all of this is from memory, so if anyone spots that I'm talking crap then feel free to point it out. :P )

• Upvote 2

Where PvP is concerned, it seems that the Primary weapon type of choice is presently the Pulse Rifle, with Auto Rifle a fairly distant second. Then of course you've got the shotgun as most people's Special Weapon of choice, and then it's personal preference for most people whether they go Machine Gun or Rocket Launcher for their Heavy.

(Incidentally, all of this is from memory, so if anyone spots that I'm talking crap then feel free to point it out. :P )

Swords?

• Upvote 1

I do use scouts on PvP now but being mindful of always having very long range engagements and never with a sniper wielder who is already ADSing through a corridor or as a pop out a door. For scouts I use Jade Rabbit and Tlaloc.