IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Well if anyones interested would be nice to have a decent go. Only really had one good go at Trials with Lyrical as for some strange reason a lot of people on here dont like doing PvP in a first person shooter :huh:

I would love to join you as PvP is great fun but I don't have any time to play it while trials is on this week :(

I don't really like proper competitive 'kill the other team' PVP, and the reason's not that strange really. It's because I'm shit at it and don't really enjoy losing match after match. In Trials it'd be worse, as you feel you'd be pulling the standard of even an average team down and losing them their chance of whatever prize they could have gained. And then there's the issue of my best PvP gun (Nirwen's) being only 294, all the focus of what infusions I could get being PvE gear. I imagine some others probably have the same reasoning.

IB I make an exception for, as of all the PvP modes I don't mind Control - can't get on with the others at all - and the standard's a lot lower generally. And it feels a lot less pressurised, obviously: the 9-0 holy grail simply doesn't exist. You just feel like you're messing about more. Like, IB/Control is like playing story missions, and Trials is like hard mode raid or something.

Trials is like hard mode raid or something.

I'd say it's like any Raid, regardless of difficulty. It's another team building excercise - working together and learning maps, etc. Moving the rewards to bounties lessens the pressure of getting to 7 wins to net the Bronze/Silver/Gold rewards. A 294 Nerwin's Mercy isn't useless either.

Very productive raid today. Thanks guys! Got a Ghost, auto rifle, machine gun, arms, artefact, shader, miniskirt and most imortantly, now access to all my 310 engrams. Lovely.

Happy to do trials with any other beginners. My k/d is around 0.8/9 so dunno how miserable that'll be

I would definitely be up for doing trials if people are putting teams together and need another. I only played it a little last time as I found it hard to find teams as well.

I find it hard too. Thing is you can't just pop a team together last minute, you gotta play 3 player modes regularly: skirmish, elimination and salvage. But pve takes up all my free time. I think once I'm done with raiding and have good set ups above 300 I will graduate to what I love most about shooters, which is MP. Will deffo send you an invite when I'm jumping on crucible.

So.... After choosing to infuse my void exotic sword into something else.... I have managed to get the 280 back up to 305...which is nice.

Cracking stint on hard mode tonight with Harsin, Gorf King, Bonzai, Big Bad Ben, and df0. We only got as far killing the big G, but I think we all got some decent stuff. I am now 311 light. :D

I carried yooze the best I could. *

*ahem

I think I hit the King's Fall jackpot on my first full run yesterday. Hand cannon, sniper rifle, chest armour, boots, ghost and an exotic engram for my troubles. The most unlikely thing was getting a communicative, patient, helpful group from destinylfg.net.

I expect that'll be just mouldering shards now for me until 2016.

At 301 light now. Hard Mode doesn't stand a chance.

What is keeping me from using a 320 Yasmin as Infusion fodder for Vanguard 1k Stare? Yasmin is worse except for rate of fire, and the perk is particularly useless in King's Fall.

Nothing, do it. Mine is now 319 which pushes me to 313 light. Someone made a snidey comment about me not having a black spindle yesterday. They shut up when the saw the damage stats on a war priest wipe.