IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I am not sure what they should do about daily crucibles but something needs to be done. getting single player people into the daily crucible was a brilliant idea but we can't have nice thinks because one out of each one person on the internet is a fucking wanker. people joining matches to go AFK or run around with a sword hilt while getting no kills or only killing things and not bothering with the objective.

Notice the number of carries on this "rift" match.

post-26293-0-66633300-1446056136_thumb.j

a day later.... salvage was the daily...

post-26293-0-12459300-1446056140_thumb.j

I played the daily crucible on my Vita today, only went in as the fire team I was in joined while I wasn't looking - I went 2-1 against my mate, never gonna let him live that one down!

Anyhoo - daily is for reward not to play proper games, do it once a day when tired/grumpy/pissed and it doesn't matter!

fair enough. i do like playing one or two everyday and getting bounties done. has almost a therapeutic quality to it. it's really relaxing. prob just fixing AFKs. sure there's a way to detect that.

Wow, The First Curse is rubbish.

what's that a quest or gun?

Both. Long quest when you hit rank 5 with Gunsmith, then a hand cannon.

I'm now out of weapon parts. The nerf to that is silly, as I want to infuse my Uffern to make it useable and give it a good test, but I can't. Way to go bungie. This is Xur not selling heavy ammo all over again for me.

Did you use a load of them to boost rep?

I'm down to 600 odd as I didn't rinse them for rep unlike a load of people in my group who have none but much higher rep level than me...

I have a lot of weapon parts, but nowhere near 600 odd I think. And The First Curse is utter garbage considering how long you have to wait to get it, as well as the effort involved. Being only 290 was a bit naff too.

Its far worse than I though, just added them up in the app and I'm down to 540 now and 522 armour parts - don't have any factions to 25, not even close mind!

Relic iron tho, hae fuck all of that - mainly as mars is shit :o

I got First Curse today also, not fired it but haven't heard a good thing about it so not holding out much hope however as I am an ADS kinda guy I suspect I will prefer it to the Last Word, infant even tho I haven't fired it I already know its better than Last Word!

I've just bitten after a few weeks off and TTK update is now downloading at painfully slow speed (yes, changed MTU). Anyway, I started losing interest during HoW with a L34 Warlock and L30 Titan. Have a feeling there will be lots of weeds all over destiny town, the villagers will be pissed off with me for disappearing and Nook probably still won't be selling the bloody spade yet. I think I'm remembering it right?

Anyway, I read a summary somewhere in here a while ago for returning players but can't find it again. Can someone point me in the right direction or recommend external link which is still relevant with latest Nerf info. Looking for best way to spend the first 10-20 hours in TKK so can get to raiding level asap.

has to be a glitch for sure. i had a ghost from my first normal raid and then a 315 from my first hard mode.

the smart loot system prob thinks you already have one somehow. dismantle all ghosts. one of those has to be the problem. buy a new one from speaker.

I can't stop getting ghosts, I've had one every time I've ran the totems in hard mode, my 3 characters have one each 319, 317 and 317 with a 312 sitting in the vault. Won't give me a pair of fucking gloves though will it?

Nightfalls have been spewing them out as well, last week I got one at 285, this week one at 300.

Can't complain, the Nightfalls gave me a 310 Zhalo and a 310 Achemist Raiment last night.

Yeah, there's no smart loot system, it's just random as fuck as it's always been.

Ive dismantled about 4 raid ghosts, been given them when I already have two in my inventory and had none when I haven't. In the last few weeks, I've had 2 exotic primary engrams, both hawkmoon, 3 special exotics, all Hereafter, and about 10 gloves, all those hunter ones I can't even remember the name because they're so shit. Last week I got an exotic helmet for my warlock, I got the stag, the only exotic helmet I already have for my warlock. I was even wearing the fucker at the time.

Not a rant, it's all infusion fodder and I'm sure what I want is out there but there is absolutely nothing 'smart' about any of it. It's pure myth.

Yeah, there's no smart loot system, it's just random as fuck as it's always been.

Ive dismantled about 4 raid ghosts, been given them when I already have two in my inventory and had none when I haven't. In the last few weeks, I've had 2 exotic primary engrams, both hawkmoon, 3 special exotics, all Hereafter, and about 10 gloves, all those hunter ones I can't even remember the name because they're so shit. Last week I got an exotic helmet for my warlock, I got the stag, the only exotic helmet I already have for my warlock. I was even wearing the fucker at the time.

Not a rant, it's all infusion fodder and I'm sure what I want is out there but there is absolutely nothing 'smart' about any of it. It's pure myth.

I've posted this before in this thread. The loot system is worse now in year two with the crazy amount of duplicates. It's really frustrating.

I have posted this before, but I think infusing fixes the the loot system. What's the issue with a repeat level 310 exotic which allows you to infuse another legendary you really like. Or any bit of gear you then what to try. There is literally no issue with a repeat. I just don't understand that. Even if for nothing else you get weapon parts!

If its a repeat legendary, level it up and get 5 legendary marks back for infusing other stuff. Getting a new thing every roll is actually a problem because you get a ton of stuff that you don't use. Give everything you are getting a proper go. Try it for a strike, try it for a daily, try it in rift, try it in salvage. By the time you have done all that you must have something new which isn't a repeat. Always be infusing!

We cannot say it is stingy anymore for sure. You get a lot of stuff. It's diablo 3 like. And a lot of good things too. Tlaloc is better than vision of confluence and there is a 100% reliable way to get it (no randomness there) for example. I can't imagine this level of complaining is generalised (as it was before).

I have posted this before, but I think infusing fixes the the loot system. What's the issue with a repeat level 310 exotic which allows you to infuse another legendary you really like. Or any bit of gear you then what to try. There is literally no issue with a repeat. I just don't understand that. Even if for nothing else you get weapon parts!

I still haven't had any leg parts or helmets over 295, with three characters, ever since 2.0 started. I've beaten bosses on the hard mode raid, and got (on my most recent instance):

- moldering shards, black wax idol for the first boss (w/3oc)

- moldering shards, black wax idol for the second boss (w/3oc)

- three ghosts from the third boss, with the highest at 313 light (which gives me two redundant ghosts)

The only thing I can rely on are exotic weapon quests.

I don't agree that the loot system is 'fixed' at all. My warlock has had five armour drops from the raid. Five pairs of boots. One of them is 310 - so that's lucky - but the rest - including all the sets I got after the 310 - are lower light. They're no use for infusing (for the purposes of raising my overall light level) at all. So after five armour drops, I have one piece of armour out of the four I need from the raid to get my light level up. It's just static at the moment, and if I get another set or two of boots next time as well, I've made absolutely no progress, level-wise, towards running it with him on hard mode.

I quite like RNG in principle. But I do wish it was slightly weighted towards items you've never had before - so a bit less than totally random. My real problems with it (in my experience, which I'm not saying is typical or representative) are firstly, that it feels as if I've not actually had a random drop every time - it feels as if it is weighted, but weighted towards giving me the one item I've already had, over and over again. Out of (10?) rolls of the armour die (dunno how many chests can give you the boots), which has 4 numbers on it, I've had the same number come up every time. (The RNG roll isn't quite like that mathematically, but you know what I mean.) That's either remarkable luck, or it's not actually random. Probably very bad luck, but it feels like a kind of curse.

The other frustration is the light level system for the drops. My Hunter also got just one armour item - the chest - and nothing else. Until last time. Last time he got the arms - hurrah! - twice in one run. Both were 300, a lower level than the (exotic and exotic-infused) non-raid arms he already had. That feels totally frustrating too and, again, he's made no levelling progress that might help toward HM, and the items I got for the raid are of no practical use in infusion at all.

Whatever the theoretical systems at work here, I know that so far even VoG's drops felt fairer, and more rewarding, than King's Fall's do. Again, sure, I accept it's RNG. But it's a perverse form of it than means even when I do get a drop that I haven't had, its light can be so low - twice in the last run, with the same item - that in practical terms it's of no use at all. The drops don't feel like rewards most of the time, they feel like disappointments; and even when you get what you're waiting for, that disappointment can be just as great, as the item is of no real use due to an inferior light level.

It's a great raid, but that part of it - the reward for succeeding - usually doesn't feel satisfying at all. Like, the vast majority of the time. And when it does, it feels only incrementally satisfying, if you know what I mean. There's never been a 'Wow YESSSS!' drop so far, in any raid I've done. And that's not a good design principle.

Yeah I think the problem of the new system is that it's not just about a dice roll giving you the drop you need, but also the second one that dictates the light level. At least in year one you knew that when you got the boots, they were the boots you needed, not boots that would need two exotic infusions to get to 310.

But the game throws so much stuff at you now that it doesn't bother me too much. A 303 pair of gloves can be infusion fodder for something with a certain reloader, stuff like that. My Titan has four raid chestpieces - in year one that would have really annoyed me as it was holding me back. Now I'm not sure it is. The difference between 309 light and 310 feels pretty tiny. I'll get to 320 eventually but it'll take more than one 320 drop in each slot to get it as I'll be infusing gear that's useful to my playstyle, rather than my light level.

Also worth a note that the smart loot thing was from the game informer cover story and bungie haven't said anything about it anywhere else since then. If they had made such a big change I think they'd have been louder about it.

They should introduce a Light merging system that allows you to merge your lower light Boots, say 303 and 305 together to make 307, and limit this to Purples so you can at least use the bundles or extras that you get, rather then just trash them all the time.