rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Gorf King

Destiny: FIN

Got a Legendary (not exotic) Engram yesterday and it decrypted into this!

7qq7tfO.jpg

It's my new favourite gun. It's hilarious in Crucible, surprise post-mortems up the wazoo while they're yukking it up that they beat you, fire it at someone and they run back to cover with their mates and damage them to, it sticks to anything so you can use it as an area of denial tool.

Oh and the projectiles are pink and sparkly so I feel faaaaaabulous when using it.

• Upvote 5

Ahhh, Telesto. I love it so much I wish I had 5 character slots so I could give them all one from my repeat exotic engram decodes.

It'll take something extra special to lodge it from being my default exotic weapon loadout.

So can anyone explain how levelling up weapons works? Am I right in thinking Etheric light is no longer a thing? What's the max weapon damage and can I get any year 2 exotic/legendary weapon that high?

Etheric Light is no longer a thing.

The max damage on a weapon is, I believe, 310, and yes, any exotic/legendary can get that far.

You can upgrade Legendary and Exotic weapons. To do so, you have to infuse them with a higher level weapon of the same class, ie, you can infuse a 280 primary with a 290 primary, or a 220 secondary with a 285 secondary, etc. They don't have to be the same type (ie, you can infuse a scout rifle with a handcannon).

As well as the weapon you're putting in, Infusing a legendary costs you legendary marks, weapon parts, glimmer, and a mote of light; infusion an exotic swaps that mote of light requirement for an exotic shard.

Note also that weapon rarity is irrelevant; you'll often get very high-ranking blues, and these are prime candidates for feeding to your favourite exotics.

When you infuse, the weapon being infused grows in damage depending on the level of what it was infused by, but no-one really knows how that maths works. There's a calculator out there - http://infusioncalculator.hamnation.com/- that people are working on. Suffice to say: put damage in to make it go up.

• Upvote 1

When you infuse, the weapon being infused grows in damage depending on the level of what it was infused by, but no-one really knows how that maths works.

80% of the difference rounded up.

• Upvote 1

This happened earlier today (cruziblugh lunch break). I was very pleased with myself.

Defeat is not imminent Shaxx! you can fuck off.

80% of the difference rounded up.

oops, my bad. Although: I stuck a 285 into a 280 and got a 285 out; by that maths, it should have been 284. Hence why I'm still on the fence. (In this case, it was a 285 leg into a 280 leg)

Oh it's like that now BitterToad? Thanking Paleface who copied what I replied to you and handing out a +1 like it is going out of fashion. It's like that now eh.

Bitterdf0

oops, my bad. Although: I stuck a 285 into a 280 and got a 285 out; by that maths, it should have been 284. Hence why I'm still on the fence. (In this case, it was a 285 leg into a 280 leg)

Forgot to mention it does not apply if the difference is smaller than 7.

That's right, if the weapon is fully levelled, you've got a better chance of getting the maximum gain.

The weapon you're keeping, surely. Having to spend XP/Motes on 'fuel' weapons would be silly.

If you level up a weapon before you use it to infuse into another, the weapon being infused will more likely go to the light level of the weapon you just used to infuse.

So if you have a light level 280 gun, and you find a blue that's 290, level up the 290 then infuse it into the 280, and its more likely the 280 will get closer to 290 (rather than, say 285or slightly lower)

Thanks for the ps4 Community invite! Loving the Mayhem Clash fists and swords spamming at the moment. What a game mode

I just bought this the other day too. Just up to level 13. Did my first strike and loved it thoroughly. Please add me if you're also fresh off the boat.

PSN: daddyorchips

Gotta say, not impressed with the Crucible nightfall tier rewards so far. 2 weeks and had the same armour I already had, sometimes with worse stats to boot. Both have been year 2 versions of year 1 armour as well, nothing new.

If you level up a weapon before you use it to infuse into another, the weapon being infused will more likely go to the light level of the weapon you just used to infuse.

So if you have a light level 280 gun, and you find a blue that's 290, level up the 290 then infuse it into the 280, and its more likely the 280 will get closer to 290 (rather than, say 285or slightly lower)

I found infusing seems to work in increments of 4 or 5. If i put a 295 into a 290 i tend to get 295, maybe just my luck, but seems to be like that all the time for me.

Sorry, some stupid questions: I've just bought the Taken King Legendary Edition; do I have to uninstall my existing copy of vanilla Destiny before installing the one in this bundle? Also, do you have to complete the Vault of Glass in order to progress through the storyline missions in all of the DLC after vanilla? Me and my Destiny pal never bothered with doing it and aren't rrally interested in the grind but we want to play more story missions and strikes.

Thanks!

Excellent, PK is playing this. We played an MMO once, was it Guild Wars 2? Or Final Fantasy 2.0?

Guild Wars!

I'm a bit confused as to whether I've actually installed this now. I just redeemed the code in the box rather than re-installing the game from the disc and the PS4 says that both DLCs and the Taken King are installed, but it didn't download anything - I thought all the VO work was re-done, and there were new maps?

Sorry, some stupid questions: I've just bought the Taken King Legendary Edition; do I have to uninstall my existing copy of vanilla Destiny before installing the one in this bundle? Also, do you have to complete the Vault of Glass in order to progress through the storyline missions in all of the DLC after vanilla? Me and my Destiny pal never bothered with doing it and aren't rrally interested in the grind but we want to play more story missions and strikes.

Thanks!

Install wise the TTK stuff is just DLC you activate. No need to reinstall. The base game has it all installed.
  • Upvote 1

If you need any help punching Oryx in the crotchal area fire me an invite. It's Hyperspacey.

Incidentally I read the whole extended Grimoire stuff in TTK. Proper good SciFi world building stuff. Roll on Destiny 2.

• Upvote 1