IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

but does it matter which item has what light? i am wondering. for example if my armour is 310 but weapons are 260 will I have no attack but high defense? Am I more protected to bodyshots than headshots if my helmet is weak. have they said?

They haven't said at all. I've just assumed that a 290 Light character does less damage with a 280 primary than another 290 Light character does with the same primary at 290. But I don't know if anyone's done the analysis.

Who am I kidding. It'll be on YouTube somewhere.

Random question - is there a "design decision" I'm not getting about The Tower being 3rd person, and world-play 1st person?

Stupid, embarrassing question. In the Tower and Character Screen I'm not wearing a hat ween though I have one equipped. Right?

Not really its just a thing to let you see your outfit I think

There are certain parts of the game that are played in 3rd person and are rather cool however

Another question - Patrols...do I need to do them when leveling? I was happily pootering around Earth (although a newer questline is taking me to the moon) and I have the option to patrol the Cosmodrome...but do I really need to? Feels like an end game activity

Also when I get "Mission Complete" - do I need to wait for the 30 seconds until mission ends or can I evacuate to orbit quickly and without penalty?

The option is there for all five areas once you've done a certain number of missions.

There's no need to go on patrol when playing the main story quests - playing through all the quest lines up to the TTK quest line will get you fairly close to LV40 - but if you find yourself under levelled before starting a mission its there as an option.

I still think matchmaking should be an option for those not aware of lfg for example, let them at least experience it, theres not much of a difference from randoms on lfg to matchmaking...ye dont know them no matter how you look at it.

Agreed - there is no real excuse not to offer matchmaking for the raids - sure its less than ideal but its preferable to not having the option at all

Particularly on PS3 where the pool of players on LFG is dropping significantly

If there's any Court antics going on tonight, drop me an invite please.

Got to get Eris up to Rank 5 so I can start buying the runes.

Also, does anyone know how often the random Taken bosses switch ( the ones for the Agnorach rune )? I'm at 4/7 at the moment.

According to Reddit you have to win, and you get 10 marks for the first 3 wins, same as the heroic strike.

Did nightfall, and popped a coin before the boss. Got an exotic special. Here's me hoping for a new one.

Cryptarch says "Lol no!" and gives me another fookin' 4th Horseman.....Great system that detects what you already have.....and then gives you the same bloody stuff. I got the 1st one like 3 days ago, so its a valid complaint.

Oh right. I think Crucible is largely absolute shite as long as it's p2p so won't be bothering with it outside of getting the 15 daily marks.

I saw that article on Kotaku about how most of the year 2 exotics aren't in the engram pool just now, so that's me not buying any from Xur for the time being.

Oh an regarding matchmaking, I understand why they don't have it in the raids due to the amount of communication needed but I really don't see why there isn't any on the Nightfalls. Seems really dumb.

Zone control does indeed give 10 marks per win for the 1st 3 wins. Looks like we get extra chances to get marks this week, which is nice.

Played 3 games, lost them all. If you are after quick marks with Zone Control then I really recommend taking a fireteam into it because you're not going to be much use a group of lone wolves.

How long do raids last in this? I've got probably 2 hours maximum in an evening to play and before I open this up and render it worthless I'd like to know if I'll be able to get any decent play out of it with short bursts.

I think you can kill Crota in a couple of hours. (Never done it myself)

As for Vault of Glass and Kings Fall I would guess at over 4 hours for each, and that's if you do it with a couple of Sherpas.

Probably longer than that if you go in blind.

FUCK YOU HOLIDAY!

FUCK YOU LAST WORD!

FUCK YOU SHITTY BUGGY BOUNTY!

Jesus Christ, never again. I decided in the end to make suggestions from someone earlier in the thread (and Oz from party chat) and only equip the gun during heavy/supers.

I still think it is bugged. I found if I did not go back to orbit after every match it would not credit me for kills. So annoying. I also don't think double or triple kills get you an extra percentage, I think just STREAKS do. Get a double, die, only a percent or two up. At the end, I went on a five kill streak and it popped. Nothing too impressive, but I will upload later for hell of it.

Did nightfall, and popped a coin before the boss. Got an exotic special. Here's me hoping for a new one.

Cryptarch says "Lol no!" and gives me another fookin' 4th Horseman.....Great system that detects what you already have.....and then gives you the same bloody stuff. I got the 1st one like 3 days ago, so its a valid complaint.

Word on the street is that exotics have a limited set of gunz in them as early days - one assumes your coin whoring so at then moment likely to end up with duplicates!

I have had a few exotics drop with a coin added on a strike etc, always an exotic helmet engram - I have 3 Stags and 2 Obsidiab minds!

Oh hi there. It's me again.

Strikes - do they level up with me, or should I do them now? I've done the Earth one (Sherpa Kerpa or something) and now there's one on the moon. If I need to do it now for decent experience I will?

When I use Nova Strike I get a pop up saying "Hexx has made X Orbs of Light". What's all the malarky?

When you use your Super, although you can't see them, you generate Orbs which other players can see and which charge their Super bar. The same goes when they use their Supers for you. In solo play, it's of no use to you.

As for Strikes, the standard Strike from the navigator is always at a fixed level. When you get to a high level (I think maybe 18?) you unlock the Vanguard playlist which will randomly select Strikes at increased levels.

That threshold might be very different now under TTK. Not sure.

Don't worry about how to earn XP. By the time you run out of Story missions, you'll be pretty high.

Do take the time out to improve your Vanguard rep though (by completing bounties) and also declare allegiance with whichever faction (there are three guys in the tower, one near the Speaker and two in the Hangar) whose colour scheme you like best.

Dead Orbit have the best Scout Rifle.