IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

New Suros is lovely I think, now optional to shoot fast and inaccurate or slow and in the face

The new shot faster perk is fun once or twice but it eats ammo like crazy and doesn't suit my playstyle of short controlled bursts so focused fire better imo.

Was doing lvl 3 court of Oryx last night, and had to keep doing ammo runs in the danger zone* to grab special ammo. Heavy ammo can be a bitch too at times, especially during raids.

*you all now have that song your heads. :P

I bet most of this lot will be too young to know it.

I'm switching faction to Dead Orbit for the week, I want that Scout Rifle!

My favourite weapon in the game thus far. From looks and utility. Mine is a random drop so I don't have firefly or triple tap. Imagine with those perks it would be unbelievable. Best thing is the sight.

Bad juju is great for my stormcaller it recharges my super so quick. in my opinion its one of the best PvE guns.

Another for bad juju. It's a beast. Fully levelled up its fantasting for PvE and PvP. It refills the clip on every kill, and it powers up your super faster. If you have armour that helps power up your super too, you can get quite a lot.

Tip for when using motes of light to level up your equipped gear:

Pay attention, and ensure you're not dismantling an item adjacent to the motes. Like, say, your entire collection of armour materials. Because I totally didn't do that this morning. No sir!

Wait, what? Is this a thing? Since when is this a thing? :o

Presumably we're talking XP rather than light level though? Otherwise everyone would be level 426 by now...

Wait, what? Is this a thing? Since when is this a thing? :o

Presumably we're talking XP rather than light level though? Otherwise everyone would be level 427 by now...

Yeah, XP. Use a telemetry from the Weaponsmith (and a focused light if you have one, the boosts stack) equip fresh weapon and consume 15 or so motes of light and your gun is fully levelled.

Is the light on cryptarch engrams fixed at 280 or can it be random 260-300?

Most of the vendor stuff is 280, but drops can vary wildly (though the purples I've got since I got to about 290 have tended to be 275-280+).

Also, exotics bought from Xur are 280, but ones from Engrams are 290.

Yeah, XP. Use a telemetry from the Weaponsmith (and a focused light if you have one, the boosts stack) equip fresh weapon and consume 15 or so motes of light and your gun is fully levelled.

Don't forget your year 1 telemetries they also stack! (I bought 50 of each a while back)

...and any class item that boosts the speed of a certain gun type.

I recall levelling an exotic gun in 7 or 8 motes!

Well I'll be, I had no idea. I've got about 150 Motes at the moment and basically nothing to use them on (although I'm probably being oblivious about something else too), so I might start popping some to level up the ridiculous amount of Exotic Armour I've got sitting almost completely unlevelled.

Random question - is there a "design decision" I'm not getting about The Tower being 3rd person, and world-play 1st person?

Stupid, embarrassing question. In the Tower and Character Screen I'm not wearing a hat ween though I have one equipped. Right?

Well I'll be, I had no idea. I've got about 150 Motes at the moment and basically nothing to use them on (although I'm probably being oblivious about something else too), so I might start popping some to level up the ridiculous amount of Exotic Armour I've got sitting almost completely unlevelled.

You can increase faction rep with them. Very good for that.

Is the light on cryptarch engrams fixed at 280 or can it be random 260-300?

I've had a 300 blue chest piece from an engram. Just make sure you're at your highest possible light level before you hand them in.

Heavy ammo can be a bitch too at times, especially during raids.

For the Year 1 raids, definitely. Special is more essential for the new one. Swords are more efficient on heavy ammo for certain situations.

You can increase faction rep with them. Very good for that.

Yeah, that one I knew, though I've not done that too much, just a couple to see how big the boost was. Figure I'll throw a few at FWC tonight if I'm close to levelling before I switch back to Dead Orbit. (Yes, I want that scout too.)

Be warned, levelling exotic armor is still a pain the arse due to the lack of telemetries. I don't even think the focused light makes a difference...