IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

So, I log on this evening after downloading the new stuff and already bump into a level 40?!

How is this even possible?!

it really doesn't take long at all if you saved your bounties and public events. Mind I didn't even do that and it didn't take me very long to get to 40 at all.

Its more about above level 240 with light

That's one thing that seems weird, thinking about it. When you encounter other players throughout the game, all you can immediately see is their level, which doesn't really tell you anything. Wouldn't it have been better to show your light level?

it really doesn't take long at all if you saved your bounties and public events. Mind I didn't even do that and it didn't take me very long to get to 40 at all.

Its more about above level 240 with light

Level 40 took 30secs, I was pretty shocked but having tried a thingy strike under levelled I got smashed - light is about 230, was 220 is when I tried it and on Vita. I haven't tried the new story yet, want to play it properly but sounds positive.

Things I have noticed;

Killing majors doesn't give you any glimmer anymore

Getting Legendary marks is going to be tough

Engrams drop like confetti, I could fill my vault already :o

Much more to do to get rewards in crucible

Levelling factions seems to take longer, not sure if they do but they seem to!

Rng has screwed my by giving me two legendary helmets. Arse. Or else I could be well on my way after just one day.

Gonna be a slog.

Just made clear that you cannot change allegiance only once per week, as the text in the game suggests. You can only pledge to one faction per week. Shoulda pledged before the reset, woops.

Future war cult has a nice RL.

Been some lovely moments so far, I have two days off tho so don't want to rush it. Anybody know how many steps there are for the main quest? Think I'm up to

7 having just done the tank on the dreadnought - the bit with sword bearer coming out of that gate made me proper laugh...was feeling like Obi Wan sneaking about on the Death Star so when that happened and somebody said "stay on target" I was giggling like a big old geek.

looking forward to hitting 40 so I can put on some new gear.

Hit 40 after a few minutes, decided to go all in for FWC and levelled it up about 10 ranks.

Got 2 hand cannons and 3 pairs of boots. That new loot system works well! Also got the helmet, cloak, machine gun, pulse rifle and 3 shaders, not a bad haul for night 1.

Other notable drops were 2 x vanguard sniper, new monarchy auto rifle and a nice new monarchy shader.

Anyone tried infusion yet? With my 3 sets of FWC boots I dismantled a set and used the others to infuse, now instead of needing helium filaments, it's worm spore to level them up.

So far so good, only done a few missions, I'll get stuck in properly tomorrow night but first impressions are positive.

Killing majors doesn't give you any glimmer anymore

Getting Legendary marks is going to be tough

Glimmer drops from majors and red bar enemies depending on which legendary ghost you have equipped.

Sharding unlevelled legendaries will net you 3 marks, 5 marks for fully levelled stuff (with just the nodes filled out, no need to apply them).

Oh and the Cryptarch package thing didn't work. Kind of expected that to happen anyway. Hey ho.

So this was great fun yesterday, plenty of quests to do. Already looking forward to xur!

With the speed of getting to level 40 and seeing people looking pretty strong gear wise already, I am slightly concerned about how long the content will last considering the price tag.

In saying that, it is brilliant to have fresh, thoughtful content and I'm sure the raid will live up to expectations. Anyone done a strike yet? Hoping to get levelled to have a crack at them today

So this was great fun yesterday, plenty of quests to do. Already looking forward to xur!

With the speed of getting to level 40 and seeing people looking pretty strong gear wise already, I am slightly concerned about how long the content will last considering the price tag.

In saying that, it is brilliant to have fresh, thoughtful content and I'm sure the raid will live up to expectations. Anyone done a strike yet? Hoping to get levelled to have a crack at them today

What the fuck are you doing up? We finished at 3am! :wacko:

Ditto mate! Had to get up to sort some work stuff out :(

My daughter gets up at 715. She's unaffected by the Destiny release schedule. :( But I think 4 hours is plenty of sleep. Time to take her to nursery and get back on the grind. :sherlock: