Bane of Crota

Defeated Crota on Hard Difficulty

Public Servant

Completed 50 Public Events

Crucible Gladiator

Won 100 Crucible Matches

Chest Hunter

Found all Golden Chests

Weird shit just now on the Weekly Heroic. Took out Sepkis Prime super fast, jumped down to the room where the gold chest is (I obs already had it but was just checking) and another Sepkis Prime turned up! Sadly didn't get twice the coins for taking them both out.

Gold chest!?

Whereabouts?

Has anyone actually killed Qodron the proper way, without resorting to Gjallarhorning him from the start?

Two mates and I did it the other day because one of us does not have a Gjallarhorn. The silver guy kept walking to us on the left all the time, so I was shotgunning him and breaking us out of the shield. First time I'd ever killed him the way its supposed to be done. Every other time I'd tried it he was on the other side of the map and I couldn't kill him as I'd equipped a shotgun.

Flawless Raider Get!

Despite Berties_(whoops I've fallen down a hole)_paw's best efforts we managed to get there in the end. He won't be getting a bonus off Bungie this year for keeping that trophy rare.

My only contribution to the whole thing was to sit inside and shoot one of the knights. I didn't disappoint :omg:

Thanks guys!

Fuck sake qodron is ridiculous. We didn't have three gallahorns or enough heavy ammo packs and wasted two hours trying to kill him. Impossible!

Yeah he can go fuck himself. It's possible but far too random imo to be any fun or worth the frustration and effort. It was even worse last week when it was 34.

Man of the match was definitely Bertie :hat:

I may be wrong but when we started the bridge bit, the times it didnt say "Guardian Down" were the ones we did the best on, the last one being the kill. Coincedence? :lol:

Has anyone actually killed Qodron the proper way, without resorting to Gjallarhorning him from the start?

Yeah and while it's frustrating (sooo many enemies) it's incredibly satisfying. I can't imagine any of the 'Gjallarhorn before the fight has even begun' methods can be fun, in any way. I think trickle really highlights how important grenades and supers are, you really feel under pressure with the vex closing in and all you have are your weapons. I like that there is an opportunity to blast your way out of the bubble if you miss the jailbreaker buff, too, shotguns are ideal. It's almost a mini raid boss with the amount of coordination required.

Feel a bit hard done by being on the losing team of this game...

post-63-0-52916200-1436400614_thumb.jpg

Yeah and while it's frustrating (sooo many enemies) it's incredibly satisfying. I can't imagine any of the 'Gjallarhorn before the fight has even begun' methods can be fun, in any way. I think trickle really highlights how important grenades and supers are, you really feel under pressure with the vex closing in and all you have are your weapons. I like that there is an opportunity to blast your way out of the bubble if you miss the jailbreaker buff, too, shotguns are ideal. It's almost a mini raid boss with the amount of coordination required.

I've done Quodron a few times, and never with the Gjallarhorn from the start method. But I wish I had done it with that method every single time, as it's just a tedious grind to do properly. (I only did it again tonight because someone I knew needed the armour core this week, and after starting to enjoy the game following a fortnight off PoE altogether it really brought back the 'Bungie have run out of decent ideas' disenchantment with the game I'd developed following the release of HoW.)

I think the thing that distinguishes most PoE bosses - which are all supposed to be mini-raid bosses really - is that you don't work cleverly as a team, or teams, to master a set of techniques and a timing and a sort of synchronicity, after which mastery you’re eventually able polish the boss off quickly and with a pleasing efficiency, trying for speed runs; you just grind it, over and over again - which is why people probably prefer to just avoid the fight mechanics altogether. They're all bullet sponges with tricks designed to slow you down rather than to present a conundrum to be solved. They never get an awful lot quicker, unlike something like Atheon or Crota - they just acquire a dull patina of over-familiarity on the top of the grind. And for such exciting rewards!
I know: I'm never satisfied. But after enjoying IB (to the extent that someone crap at PvP can), returning to HoW's end-game PvE content again tonight underlined for me just what a dismal expansion this is, PvE content-wise.

I've never done the Gjallahorn method for taking down Qodron. My group just heads to the right handside (inside the tunnel between the two doors that Vex come out of).
You can shoot Qodron without him really being able to hit you and you can see the door that the Eye of Qodron comes out of (at the back of the arena to the right of where Qodron is).
It's just a case of shooting the Eye's head off so that he runs towards you and then keeping him alive until Qodron searches for targets. Once he does that one member just kills the Eye and we all group together in relative safety so that we can then break the shields.
Have a defender Titan drop a bubble every now and again for Weapons of Light and some nice orb generation and you can just snipe/rocket Qodron to death from that area.
Simples.

Just did Qodron for the first time with a guy who didn't speak English and a guy who didn't have a mic. Took us about 5-6 goes before we figured out to sulk in the left corner, and rotate roles to admin the crowd, pile on the silver goblin asap and chip away with snipers and rockets (Efrideets Spear was taking good chunks out of him). Thought it was loads of fun.

We've done Qodron the proper way, pretty satisfying when it all goes to plan.

Unrelated, special thanks to Godzooki helping a bunch of VoG Hard mode newbies last night. Up to the maze and hoping to cruise through the rest tonight. Maybe.