Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Level 34 PoE was an absolute chore this week. The final boss round in particular is a joke. We did it, but only by hammering him with rockets before the force bubbles kicked in (we tried it legit but the mechanic just seems broken).

If you need etheric light this week just play iron banner. It's way more fun and you will earn better rewards. I seem to have more weapon cores than I know what to do with because the guns Varkis sells are invariably shit (exchange for armour core please Bungie).

I'm kinda burning out on this already, I think. At level 28 and I really enjoy the strike playlists but they're pretty limited in terms of content. The crucible is horrible to me and patrols feel like a chore.

Can't even do the raids, really, as it's difficult finding people to team up with when I'm on the other side of the world to everyone I know that's playing. :(

I'm kinda burning out on this already, I think. At level 28 and I really enjoy the strike playlists but they're pretty limited in terms of content. The crucible is horrible to me and patrols feel like a chore.

Can't even do the raids, really, as it's difficult finding people to team up with when I'm on the other side of the world to everyone I know that's playing. :(

Burning out already?

Wait until you have 3 level 34's with nothing to do except the weekly grind...

In other news I finished the elder cipher for the exotic shotgun last night - that thing is great fun in PVE!

Will do Iron Banner this week for some spare etheric light and maybe the armour. Then I might just focus on levelling a hunter next week. Cant see me doing loads more PoE to be honest though. Last nights 34 really was crap - 4 out of 5 levels were Vex, and the final round is turd.

I'd rather do Vault of Glass each week, and get a regular Trials team going.

I definitely won't make it that far. I have little interest in grinding for better gear in and of itself, but I knew that going in. I'm just surprised how quickly I've run out of stuff to do that interests me.

I had no idea the raids don't have matchmaking, to be honest. It's made them kind of impossible for me to play, sadly.

I think it depends how much you enjoy the mechanics, rather than the missions or story. I'm enjoying the stuff I know well loads as I'm playing it over looking for better strategies and adapting to new weapons.

As far as I'm concerned, more or less the point of the game is the raids (and some of the PvP stuff if you do that), so it's no surprise that if you're not getting into them it'll soon be game over. You could ask here for daytime raid crews (Shimmyhill's lot often play in the mornings, UK time), or go to Destiny LFG and get a raid group together there. Most of the players are supposed to be decent.

Apart from the raids (VoG in particular), you will eventually run out of PvE content to do. PoE, as mentioned a few times above, is imo quite a dull affair, and most people don't fancy doing a 34 just for a single etheric light and a weapon you don't want. 32 just gives you some shit armour. Both are quite uninteresting to play after you've done them once or twice.

So yes, I'd encourage you to try to get a group from here or LFG and give the raids a crack. They really do ramp the game up to a far higher level of quality, and my experience is that people who've quit before doing them have a far lower opinion of the game than those who've played them. Some have even quit pre-raid because the game feels too samey and a bit pointless, then started again, given the raids a crack and pronounced the game brilliant, and got utterly hooked. So don't make the mistake of grinding to get to raid level (which you have) and then giving up at that point just as the good stuff's about to start.

That mid-game grind, from around lvl 25 to 30, can be a bit wearying for sure. You are limited by weapons and activities you can partake in. I did drop out for a while only really continuing because a friend of mine wanted to play. Once I hit lvl 30 though and I did the VoG and then Crota and then the better weapons started dropping and started doing Nightfalls with elemental strategies it all started to click.

Where are you based? Sure someone can help you out with getting some better gear.

It is worth it. I was behind the curve, so had hit a wall too, but Crota coming out got me playing again (I'd already paid for the DLC upfront), as well as starting to play with these guys a bit, and then HoW finished it off - I've hit the level cap for the first time, have a better arsenal and armoury than I ever expected, and am playing regularly with 'mukkers, all of which is excellent.

I regret missing the original VoG runs, but love running it now, and it's the promise of Sith powers and running a new raid with everyone for the first time that's keeping me interested in TTK, despite the seemingly continuous stream of PR clusterfucks.

I had no idea the raids don't have matchmaking, to be honest. It's made them kind of impossible for me to play, sadly.

For VoG you need a tight team, open coms and patience, especially if there are newer players present.

Hooking up randoms would just not work and it would be a terrible experience for most players, and when done right, VoG is one of the greatest gaming experiences to have.

I burned out long ago from playing it far too much. Didn't touch it at all for a couple of months solid then a few weeks ago just started dipping in a bit again but exclusively playing with friends and for only a few hours a week tops, and I'm loving it again! I'll not go back to playing it like I did through the winter - for months after launch it was pretty much all I played - but for dipping in and out, it's absolutely perfect. They've done well to sort out the grind too. Even playing it the way I do now I've had no problem reaching 34 and levelling up several pieces of armour and weapons.

I'd say 28 for normal, 30+ if you want to run it with less.

You'd want at least four people I'd say, especially for the later bits.

Agree 28 for Normal is very do-able, but for Hard move, 4 players is going to be very hard with the Confluxes, and then after with one person on the Relic, the damage output on the Templar will be minimal and would most likely Enrage.

5 players minimum 30+ for Hard, until your very experienced with it.

I definitely won't make it that far. I have little interest in grinding for better gear in and of itself, but I knew that going in. I'm just surprised how quickly I've run out of stuff to do that interests me.

Add me if you like, i'd be happy to help you along. I play at weird times and almost exclusively use LFG sites for raids and Nightfalls. It takes less than a couple of minutes to find a decent group. Strikes get tiresome very quickly if you ask me. I'd give the pvp more time as well, when it clicks I think its fantastic.

PSN: clarky1975.

Agree 28 for Normal is very do-able, but for Hard move, 4 players is going to be very hard with the Confluxes, and then after with one person on the Relic, the damage output on the Templar will be minimal and would most likely Enrage.

5 players minimum 30+ for Hard, until your very experienced with it.

Oh yeah, I thought we were only discussing Normal!

Hard is still a bit of a ball-ache at 32, depending on how lucky you get.

Oh yeah, I thought we were only discussing Normal!

Hard is still a bit of a ball-ache at 32, depending on how lucky you get.

Sorry mate I saw the 30+ and Hard mode appeared in my head.

With revives I guess Normal with four 30+ characters is do-able yes.

As far as I'm concerned, more or less the point of the game is the raids (and some of the PvP stuff if you do that), so it's no surprise that if you're not getting into them it'll soon be game over. You could ask here for daytime raid crews (Shimmyhill's lot often play in the mornings, UK time), or go to Destiny LFG and get a raid group together there. Most of the players are supposed to be decent.

Apart from the raids (VoG in particular), you will eventually run out of PvE content to do. PoE, as mentioned a few times above, is imo quite a dull affair, and most people don't fancy doing a 34 just for a single etheric light and a weapon you don't want. 32 just gives you some shit armour. Both are quite uninteresting to play after you've done them once or twice.

So yes, I'd encourage you to try to get a group from here or LFG and give the raids a crack. They really do ramp the game up to a far higher level of quality, and my experience is that people who've quit before doing them have a far lower opinion of the game than those who've played them. Some have even quit pre-raid because the game feels too samey and a bit pointless, then started again, given the raids a crack and pronounced the game brilliant, and got utterly hooked. So don't make the mistake of grinding to get to raid level (which you have) and then giving up at that point just as the good stuff's about to start.

Indeed, we do lots of weird time playing - daytime or really late nights so always happy to assist other players esp VoG as it is the highlight of the game!

I think I must have shared my hunters Iron Banana cloak, muppet :(

I wore my Glow shader while playing Iron Banner (before I released it was broken and went back to downloading the Arkham Knight update) mainly because I forgot I was wearing it. Initially I suspected I'd be an easy target (well easier than normal) but it turns out that being a hunter you look like you are blade dancing with rather amusing results - I made one player run backwards off a cliff edge trying to get away from me.