Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Might get the Hunter started this week. Which class should I be levelling up on that - Gunslinger or Blade Dancer?

They're both great in different ways so i'd have a look at the skill trees and see what takes your fancy and/or suits your play-style. They're both extremely agile but Gunslinger focuses more on weapon perks whereas Bladedancers are more melee orientated and can be built for serious mobility.

I use hand cannons on both so I wouldn't let your weapon choice dictate which one you choose.

Fast, stealthy, blinking, shotgun-wielding bladedancers are pretty cool, although everyone hates them in PvP.

Both are useful in PvP.

Gunslinger is way better for normal PvE. Bladedancer's super is useless in PvE, whereas golden gun (especially with Celestial Nighthawk) is quite good. Bladedancer is useful at certain times, mostly due to "crouch to invis" ability that means easy nightfall revives (though with exotic gauntlets, Gunslingers can do that now).

I main hunter and I play Gunslinger 90% of the time. If I had to level them both again, I'd level Gunslinger first as it is more versatile.

Go Bladedancer - Its really good in PvE with its invisibility perks, meaning you can outlast everyone else, allowing for easy revives, dismantling mines, etc.

I usually only swap to Gunslinger for bosses with Solar burn, or if its that stupid boss that you need to jump because the floors on fire.

Different strokes and all that.

Out of curiousity, in PvE, if you are not doing something niche like diffusing mines or running the Abyss, why use Bladedancer?

Pretty much all activities have situations where going invisible to revive team mates is invaluable.

They are both really good though. I've just got Khepri's Sting gauntlets which let you go invisible whilst using gunslinger. Once levelled up, I'll likely run with that most of the time. Also, the triple jump on GS is also better than BD's double jump.

Different strokes and all that.

Out of curiousity, in PvE, if you are not doing something niche like diffusing mines or running the Abyss, why use Bladedancer?

Usefulness is secondary to fun in most PvE activities, and I just find the Bladedancer play-style much more rewarding.

It's the mobility for me, and not just for reviving team mates. Being able to flank a group of enemies with a shotgun and stealth/blink back out of trouble, do cool knee-slides behind cover during a hectic gunfight, stab a Cabal in the head as you leap over them then shotgun them in the back while invisible, all those cool things and more. Plus I think we're underselling Arcblade, it is certainly not useless in PvE, the arc-wave mod (can't remember the name) is incredibly useful for clearing groups and the re-stealth is excellent in so many situations. Also Arcbolt is probably one of the best grenades across all sub-classes.

All this is irrelevant really, Voidwalker Warlocks are the best.

Just happened to be having a quick look, and it turns out the rarest trophy I have is also my most recent. 'Guardian Lord', it's called, and I got it for getting all of the other trophies on a little game called Destiny.

:D

In any case, I'll be accepting this prestigious award on behalf on the rllmuk Renegades, without whom I quite literally couldn't have done it.

Thanks fellas. :wub:

Bungie tweeted that Iron Banner is back tomorrow, chance to get some of that Etheric light.

Iron Banner returns tomorrow at 10AM. Earn Gauntlets, Chest, Machinegun and for the first time ever the Pulse Rifle (Skorris Revenge).

Have all the Iron Bannerers and Hunter slanderers forgotten something? It's not been posted, but this week's Nightfall is The Summoning Pits with Epic and Juggler, and Void and Solar burns. Fuck you, Wizards!

Weekly's Omnigul with Juggler. Meh. Equally meh, but Skolas is back to the Brawler/Juggler combo again. 32s and 34s are exactly what you'd expect from the (now standard) rotation.

Summoning pits was a nice change, very easy with the cheese room but even easier with bubbles...Obv I got nothing, good old RNG gave me 2 of the same useless queens pulse rifles and a engram that rolled a useless queens sniper :(

Level 32 PoE was pretty good fun and had to bail on a 35 run having got to the boss before Skolas, ahh well