Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Fucking hell that was annoying. All the way through they're feeding him questions he can answer with yes/no/we'renottalkingaboutthatrightnow, and only think to change tack or push for a follow-up at the end. And for Luke Smith, someone who's been on the press side of the fence, to go over to the other side and just be the worst kind of not-yet robot is just a bit depressing. Americans, man. Suddenly glad I turned down the interview offer.

On the bright side I did three nightfalls tonight with spatular and chum. Awful loot (pulse rifle for my Titan, a Ram for my Ram-wearing warlock, purple engram for the hunter) but the important thing is that I did three nightfalls on a Friday. Lovely.

http://kotaku.com/bungie-answers-and-avoids-our-questions-on-the-future-1714199504

The whole interview boiled down to "we're not talking about that right now"

From the interview.

Smith: ... like the Etheric Light occupies a really interesting place in the player economy, where it says year one and were beginning year two, so theres some expectation management that were setting there. But what it enables to me thats really exciting is when you look at these three characters on the wall, that armor looks badass. It looks beautiful.

Now does that mean there will be an etheric light 2.0? As I don't want to think about the alternative.

I'm level 25 now, thanks to some nice armour drops in strike playlists. I still don't really understand the properties of some of the weapons and there seems to be loads of stores that need different currencies and I'm not sure how I earn them and ugh I just don't care enough to find out I guess.

I kinda just play this like Left 4 Dead or something, really. It's nice to do a bit of co-op shooting for an hour or so every evening and then leave it be.

Now does that mean there will be an etheric light 2.0? As I don't want to think about the alternative.

I can't see any way forward with the current weapons and armour. You cannot make a better gun than Fatebringer, VoC, Black Hammer, IB or Gally as they are already basically godlike so the only way to address that is to leave them behind or maybe make bringing them up to the new year two standard a very long winded end game process. It certainly won't be like the easy process in HoW imo.

The wording around the whole year 1 - year 2 thing makes me think a grind is coming once you have been blessed by the RNG for new drops. HoW basically had a few weeks of content, TTK needs to set-up the next year of content to get people buying a new expansion pass. I don't see how they can do that and keep your current loot relevant.

I'm level 25 now, thanks to some nice armour drops in strike playlists. I still don't really understand the properties of some of the weapons and there seems to be loads of stores that need different currencies and I'm not sure how I earn them and ugh I just don't care enough to find out I guess.

I kinda just play this like Left 4 Dead or something, really. It's nice to do a bit of co-op shooting for an hour or so every evening and then leave it be.

I got to 28 last night, I think I've figured out all the currencies now but I'm not really into PvP so I've left some stuff alone. I'm doing the dailies, weeklies and Strike playlists whilst trying to figure out when to do the raid. I assume you need the 6 people it suggests and me and my friend can't do it with just the two of us?

I've got purple chest and arms from the vanguard guy (though I've apparently earned as many marks as I'm allowed to this week) and am trying to increase my vanguard rep enough to buy guns from the robot who looks like the postman in the spaceport. I've fully ignored the story, I'm just playing the Halo game loop with with Diablo loot grinds strapped to it and it's very satisfying. Found some guy with a face made of seaweed last night who sells yellow shit in return for those fucking useless strange coins and he also sells some gear for motes of light which makes me sad that I wasted some on a stupid picture to go behind my name. The game also seems to think a vomit inducing colour scheme counts as a fucking reward.

I can't see any way forward with the current weapons and armour. You cannot make a better gun than Fatebringer, VoC, Black Hammer, IB or Gally as they are already basically godlike so the only way to address that is to leave them behind or maybe make bringing them up to the new year two standard a very long winded end game process. It certainly won't be like the easy process in HoW imo.

The wording around the whole year 1 - year 2 thing makes me think a grind is coming once you have been blessed by the RNG for new drops. HoW basically had a few weeks of content, TTK needs to set-up the next year of content to get people buying a new expansion pass. I don't see how they can do that and keep your current loot relevant.

For me, that would be a problem. If this game played like a typical loot game, it would not be a problem. As we would have weapons and armour coming out our ears and some of it would be good. As it is, there is such a small selection of weapons and armour in comparison that people have built an attachment to their stuff.

I think having elemental primaries is counter productive here. If there weren't any, then I absolutely would not have a problem upgraded to a hear 2 weapon. I find secondaries and heavy weapons pretty much of a muchness, so no problem ditching those either. Sure, found verdict is top tier, but something like a Judgement works almost as well. By having a lot of the nastier enemies have these elemental shields means you really, really want an elemental primary for the higher level content. Doesn't help nightfalls constantly have a burn on, increasing incentive to get these guns.

If they follow pattern of previous raids, and have three elemental primaries drop from it and don't let you upgrade you old elementals it will feel like starting from scratch. Assuming exotics will be upgradeable (I am sure they will) then you would still pretty much have to restock your old armoury. I don't think I could face it. They give you a way to upgrade all your old stuff for HoW, but you have to leave it for TTK?

This is all guesswork of course. We have no idea what the plans are for TTK. On current form, do you trust Bungie to not fuck things up? Isn't going to help we will likely have a drip feed of info for the next three months. I would love for them to be more open about what the plan is. From the Kotaku interview they obviously know what they want to do. It only affects people already playing it. Why not tell us now? Sure hold some info back about other things, but explain what will happen with our stuff.

I liked the twitch streams over consecutive weeks, helped to build the hype well. Almost all the stuff at the time seemed an improvement, everyone was happy. Simply don't trust them now. I feel like they are holding stuff back because we won't like it. Despite having no proof TTK won't improve stuff. Damn it Bungle, you make every thing bungled.

Had some fun last night learning the trials map with Mooselizer and Finite Light. I wasn't brilliant (kept missing snipe shots I should have made) but it was mostly close rounds.

Same again tonight chaps? Should be on about 9.30ish if you want to start another card.

Well, I now have a level 20 Titan Defender. Xur is selling exotic helmets, is there a Defender one I should (hope) to get? My wee Titan already has two exotic helmets, but both are aimed at the Striker build.

I only have Vanilla Destiny at the moment...Are the dailies and weeklies out of bounds for me?

Some of them. On the left side of the space map there are some icons, they'll tell you if your gear or content is lacking. Saw you online yesterday (I'm oilswell) so feel free to join my fire team whenever, I'm only a few levels above you.

Had some fun last night learning the trials map with Mooselizer and Finite Light. I wasn't brilliant (kept missing snipe shots I should have made) but it was mostly close rounds.

Same again tonight chaps? Should be on about 9.30ish if you want to start another card.

deffo up for some more trials, I have a Crota flawless raid attempt at 10 so it'll probably 10:30ish for trials if that suits!

Love this trials map as it seems fairly balanced to lots of playstyles. There seems to be plenty of sniper paths (which I suck at) but that means I get the opportunity to rush while their radar is off using all the cover :)

When does the Hunter double jump get good? Just fell to my death twice in a row by jumping over a small gap my Warlock and Titan laugh at.

I find the opposite now, I love the Hunter jump but when I go back to my Warlock, I can't jump anything!

Granted, I am level 5 and have just unlocked the first Double Jump.

On the last HoW story mission, where you jump the platforms to fight the boss at the end, with my Hunter I was fine but with my Warlock I couldn't make the first set of teleporting platforms so LiMuBai went off & beat the boss on his own while I just sat there. :(

Yep, just got to squeeze in the Crota raid from last night first. Should be done pretty quick unless we keep dying.

Some of them. On the left side of the space map there are some icons, they'll tell you if your gear or content is lacking. Saw you online yesterday (I'm oilswell) so feel free to join my fire team whenever, I'm only a few levels above you.

Thanks mate, I'll join you next time we're on together.

Today's daily was open to me, Heroic/Juggler were the 'handicaps'

Juggler won't drop ammo for the gun you're currently using. So annoying.

Thanks mate, I'll join you next time we're on together.

Today's daily was open to me, Heroic/Juggler were the 'handicaps'

Juggler won't drop ammo for the gun you're currently using. So annoying.

I bought Dark Below and HoW yesterday so I still can't fully remember what comes from what.