Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Third week in a row I've done 'Judgement's Chance' using up an armour core and a weapons core and got The Last Rebellion rocket launcher.

I'm pretty pissed off. There should be less of a chance of you getting the same damned weapon not a greater chance. That's the last fucking time I do the random roll. Total bullshit.

Yup, I once got 2 legendary engrams in one play session, both of which decrypted into the legendary helmet I'd purchased the day before. :(

Third week in a row I've done 'Judgement's Chance' using up an armour core and a weapons core and got The Last Rebellion rocket launcher.

I'm pretty pissed off. There should be less of a chance of you getting the same damned weapon not a greater chance. That's the last fucking time I do the random roll. Total bullshit.

Well it is random/a gamble.

Don't worry, I used to come in this thread after I just started playing and could have sworn people were talking a different language. It all makes sense in the end.

Thanks for all the advice, man. I've just used a few engrams and got some armour that pushed me up to 22, so that's nice I suppose.

Strikes are the most fun for me, so far, though it can be hard getting a decent game over in Asia that isn't all laggy.

More Crucible complaining incoming. Why is it that (the) Destiny (ip), with its half a billion US dollar budget, can not get its competitive multiplayer right, or even close to resembling something that works? Competitive multiplayer is 50% of what the game has to offer, it'd be nice if is was more than a lag-infested playground.

Two weeks ago I had three perfect games in a row, green bars all around and it felt superb. I saw an opponent dodging my rocket with pinpoint accuracy, and it was glorious. Actually, I was impressed. The fourth game I was for whatever reason placed in a completely different group and it all went to shit. Lag kicked in, players teleporting all over the map, getting shot through walls and around corners, killing someone with a shotgun blast 1 second after I got killed. As per usual I may add. There is something fundamentally wrong with how competitive multiplayer works, and it goes well beyond "someone in the group might have a roommate who is streaming Netflix".

I realise the comparison to PlayStation-excusive titles Killzone (2 and 3) is completely unfair, but those games had their multiplayer on point. I have spend hundreds of hours doing multiplayer in both those games and can not remember ever having connection issues.

Well it is random/a gamble.

I'd be happy if it was a gamble but either I'm the luckiest person in the world or the algorithm is fucked. The chances of getting the same item three times in a row is pretty damned slim. I should buy a lottery ticket this week just in case!

Can anyone recommend a LFG app and how does it all work? I fancy some Raids and it's generally quite late.

I will try organise another Crota Flawless Raider if anyone is up for it this weekend from 10pm. We can give it an hour or so.

Well.... Weekly Update 2 isnt worth a fuck.

Bungie Weekly Update - Part Two

Created by DeeJJun 25 2015

Bungie Weekly Update - Part Two

In Part One of the Bungie Weekly Update we revealed fresh new details about Collectors Editions and veterans of the Tower laid eyes on what theyll look like this September.

If youre looking for more news about The Taken King, weve got plans to roll it all out in depth and in style. If you have questions about which version is right for you, browse the selections here.

Scroll on if you want to learn about other studio machinations that impact the playable now.

Established in 04

The fully-functional clubhouse of the Bungie Community is a constant target of tender loving care. There are developers at Bungie who focus all their creative efforts on the Destiny Companion a place born of our website and/or your mobile device. You are here.

Here are some of the enhancements theyre delivering in the near term.

Yesterday

Bungie.net Profile Status Update:

Further customize your identity. Set a profile "status" for your friends and followers to see. Easily check the status of your friends and people you're following on the Friends tab. Set the status on your profile page or directly from the Friends tab.

Soon

Android Update

Further customize your identity. Set a profile "status" for your friends and followers to see. Easily check the status of your friends and people you're following on the Friends tab. Use the new Advisor Widget to see Weekly Missions, when they complete, reset, and what skulls they have! Improved Friends List - Now easier to re-authenticate with PSN and XBOX to see platform friends. Also, your clan roster is now available in the friends tab.

[And, yes, my iPhone-wielding friends, all of this is coming soon to iOS, too.]

Bungie [Community] Day

Youll find out on 07/07.

Guiding Light

For the Destiny Player Support team, keeping you connected and well-informed is job number one. They make an appearance in every Weekly Update to point at their works. They can always be found in the #Help forum.

DPS: With the announcement of the Red Bull Quest, weve added a few new Guided Support articles to help you along the way. You can check them out on the Guided Support landing page. If you encounter any issues with your Red Bull codes, be sure to speak with Red Bull customer support for the best results.

We are aware that the Doubles Grimoire card is not properly unlocking for some players when accessing the Doubles activity in the Crucible. Were currently investigating the matter.

Finally, please see our Taken King pre-purchase FAQ for all available information on purchasing the Taken King or the Legendary Edition. Stay tuned for further updates!

On the Engineering side, were seen some great success for the Connection Recovery feature that keeps Guardians with intermittent Internet connections in the fight. Ever since we put the new functionality into effect, 4.8 million Guardians have been rescued from being kicked to orbit.

Keep on playing, and well keep enhancing the tech that keeps your feet on the ground of your favorite destinations.

Special Features

This has been widely reported and shared around while we were at E3, but it deserves top honors where we celebrate the best of our community. Sometimes, the movie of the week is a fanciful display of action and adventure. On this occasion, its far more somber, but undeniable evidence of the fact that players of Destiny are bound to each other by more than a game.

On June 8th 2015 we lost a friend, and fellow dad to Cystic Fibrosis, Joshua R. Stokell.

We will miss you sir and may you "Find the Clearing at the end of the path."

Friends of Joshua, along with other people in this fine community, will be playing some games in his honor during a 36-hour marathon. We think hed be as humbled and inspired as we are by this act of remembrance. Theyre raising awareness of Cystic Fibrosis. Theyre also raising money to fund research. Were contributing some loot for them to share with viewers. #blacksmith

Tune in and participate on Twitch. Follow the @dadsofdestiny for updates.

The events that led to this moment are sad. The response from the community is amazing, and of little surprise. The heroes in the world of Destiny are the players.

On a personal note, I have been three times now to E3. This last one felt like my first as a Community Manager. It was amazing to meet so many of you, and hear your stories. If you were one of the people in line to enter our booth, or you caught up to me on the convention floor to tell me why you love Destiny, I thank you. Weve had a great year together and I hope that party continues.

Thanks for being awesome, whether you were able to infiltrate the Los Angeles Convention Center, or you watched from afar.

Well talk more next week.

DeeJ, out.

I knew it would be the usual shit that they normally post on a Thursday. I think Deej said yesterday that they would go more in detail "soon", rather than in the next part of the weekly update.

They wont reduce the price in the UK, or anything else that benefits their playerbase, because Activision wont let them, even if they wanted to. And I doubt they actually want to anyway, because ££££....err I mean $$$, because that other thing is foreign to them.

Thata 100% done it for me. No TTK until a proce drop somewhere, whether its on the store or via Tesco Direct/Amazon.

These smug arrogant prick can stick their expansion where the sun don't shine.

Agreed I'd rather spend my money on Metal Gear Solid V & FIFA 16 in September.

On top of The Taken King will be a £40 season pass I bet.

That Kotaku article nailed down the issues with Deej.

Personally, Im bugged more by DeeJs subsequent responses than I was by Smiths initial comments. DeeJ is probably a perfectly charming man in real life, but he has always come off as a smarmy presence on Destinys various message boards, often responding to widespread player concerns with a jokey, condescending tone that feels out of touch with the community. His second response in particular stands out to mehow hes sure to start by telling the person to whom hes responding that the collectors edition has sold out, before noting but thats not the point. Right? The way he begins his promise of better rewards by telling us what the real conversation here is, as if the players who started this conversation need to be reminded what it is.

Bungie has never been much good at communicating, and thats a big part of what set the stage for this weeks debacle.

Bungie, who I have loved since Marathon have a lot of respect from me but fuck me they are coming across as incredibly arrogant throughout this whole TKK episode.

DeeJ is a terrible community manager and I say this as someone who has done community management for a number of big brands. His style is terrible and he comes across as a right arrogant shit.