Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I heard a couple of whispers at E3 last week that a lot of Bungie staff hate the way they communicate with players. I expect that number has now grown quite a bit. Their messaging is an absolute mess.

The next time you are on Earth, Moon or Venus just look around. Look up towards the sky, look at the architecture. There is a massive story begging to be told, to be revealed. It is a labour of love and it shows and sounds. The Moon is home to some eerie sound effects and it is great.

edit:

Kanselier
2 weeks 5 days 14 hours 29 minutes 30 seconds

No idea if this has been posted yet. Destiny: The Taken King director apologises, Collector's Edition content will now be sold separately.

The Collector's Edition content for upcoming Destiny expansion The Taken King's will now be made available separately, Bungie has said, priced at $20.

Bungie also re-iterated that existing players who have a level 30 character and who have picked up the two existing add-ons, The Dark Below and House of Wolves, will get a Year One VIP shader, emblem and sparrow.

Bonus lol from the EG comment section.

Join just as Atheon goes down. Muthafuckin VEX get!

I'm trying so hard not to hate you right now. I think I only got shards and the same Sparrow I got last week from Atheon.

With that said, I've no right to be be too annoyed - I've only now completed VoG three times (all in the last week or so) and Crota maybe another three (including the flawless run), so it's hardly surprising that I haven't got all the weapons I (now) want*. I've definitely got a wishlist now though. And I have already gotten Fatebringer, Praedyth's, Found Verdict and Hezen Vengeance, which isn't too shabby a haul.

Loving the weekly raiding party too. Already looking forward to next week's shenanigans, and my next failure to get a Vex or VoC. Also, TTK has me on the fence a bit, but the prospect of actually going into a new raid with you guys being as clueless as I was am is appealing. I had a taste of it with Crota (though my first completion was much later), and being there for the initial discoveries (and, hopefully, completions) this time would be a blast.

* I'd never really expected to finally get into the raiding this late, so I hadn't really looked into the weapons (besides obviously knowing what the Vex Mythoclast was). I didn't even really react last week when I got a Fatebringer, because I had no idea what I'd lucked into. Now I get it. God that's a lovely gun.

Got the Crux of Crota last night which is something that I never thought I would get, having never even seen it drop before (although I know a couple of folks here have had it). So obviously I upgraded and spent a shard so I could have a totally useless but seemingly pretty rare Necrochasm at 365, because why the hell not ;)

Got the Invective bounty this morning so rattled through it in about two hours

5 strikes without dying was simple, but it was the PvP part (25 K/d spread) that shocked me. After hearing about the hatred of Thorn I naturally took it in with me, two games is all it took of staying back and tagging people with a Thorn shot (assists count), I totally get why people are moaning about it.
Heroic weekly had matchmaking so that went in the blink of an eye.
The 12k glimmer on Ammo packs part stung (especially as I was saving for a reef ship) but you know, gotta catch em all :)

mechamonkey_mk2: 1 week 4 days 25 minutes

I'm trying so hard not to hate you right now. I think I only got shards and the same Sparrow I got last week from Atheon.

With that said, I've no right to be be too annoyed - I've only now completed VoG three times (all in the last week or so) and Crota maybe another three (including the flawless run), so it's hardly surprising that I haven't got all the weapons I (now) want*. I've definitely got a wishlist now though. And I have already gotten Fatebringer, Praedyth's, Found Verdict and Hezen Vengeance, which isn't too shabby a haul.

Loving the weekly raiding party too. Already looking forward to next week's shenanigans, and my next failure to get a Vex or VoC. Also, TTK has me on the fence a bit, but the prospect of actually going into a new raid with you guys being as clueless as I was am is appealing. I had a taste of it with Crota (though my first completion was much later), and being there for the initial discoveries (and, hopefully, completions) this time would be a blast.

* I'd never really expected to finally get into the raiding this late, so I hadn't really looked into the weapons (besides obviously knowing what the Vex Mythoclast was). I didn't even really react last week when I got a Fatebringer, because I had no idea what I'd lucked into. Now I get it. God that's a lovely gun.

Sorry man, I've been there and it hurts, I know. I think RNGesus has already decided you weren't getting them though, knowing what a massive cunt he is. Annoyingly, I'm out for a couple of days as well so won't even have a chance to run them in.

Agree about the raid weapons, VoG and CE weapons sets are the only ones I'm bothering to ascend outside of the exotics. The fact that the primaries have an elemental burn and raid perks kind of negates the need for anything else really when I'm mainly doing raids, PoE and Nighfalls every week. Maybe they need to start doing 'kinetic' burn activities where your elemental primaries suck balls.

I finished the story for the main game, it seems. I enjoyed it enough, even though it's pretty bare bones. What now, RLLMUK?

I ventured into the crucible a few times but it was horrible and scary and I'm not doing that again for a while. Strikes are fun and I still have a few I haven't done, so that's something. Can I start the DLC story stuff now or should I wait?

It said something about needing equipment with light when I finished the game but I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.

I just starting writing you a brief explanation of what to do but it's so fucking complex to try and understand in a few sentences.
this guide is pretty old but does a good job of explaining it and does look like its been updated past the original published date
Basically, you need legendary (purple) and exotic (yellow) armour. These have a ‘light’ level stat that you need to level up.

Keep playing strike playlists, doing bounties and patrols and the dailies/weeklies for vanguard marks. Armour will either drop randomly or you'll earn marks/coins to buy some. Use marks from your Vanguard master and exotics come from Xur (weekend dude who takes strange coins, althoguh you may not have enough of these for a while).

The more you level up the light levels, the higher level content you’ll be able to do and thus better rewards. Once you hit 26/27 you can try Vault of Glass and then 29/30 should be good for Crotas End and then high level weeklies/nightfall when you get to 32.

I think the DLC has a min level so you may need to grind it out a bit before venturing in.

Don't worry, I used to come in this thread after I just started playing and could have sworn people were talking a different language. It all makes sense in the end.

I finished the story for the main game, it seems. I enjoyed it enough, even though it's pretty bare bones. What now, RLLMUK?

I ventured into the crucible a few times but it was horrible and scary and I'm not doing that again for a while. Strikes are fun and I still have a few I haven't done, so that's something. Can I start the DLC story stuff now or should I wait?

It said something about needing equipment with light when I finished the game but I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.

I'm about at the same point... But I don't have the DLC yet.

I'm doing the Vanguard Strike playlist. You get armour drops that have a light value to them now... Equip them and you should go up from lvl 20. I'm not sure how the accumulation system works for the Light but better armour= more light.

I'm about at the same point... But I don't have the DLC yet.

I'm doing the Vanguard Strike playlist. You get armour drops that have a light value to them now... Equip them and you should go up from lvl 20. I'm not sure how the accumulation system works for the Light but better armour= more light.

Think of the main storyline as a massive tutorial for the real game that starts at level 20.

You now level up in terms of light. Armour will have a light value, and the more you have the higher your level. Welcome to the crazy world of Legendary and exoctic gear and weapons. Xur will now have meaning in your life.

2 weeks 4 days 16 hours 27 seconds... And I'm done.

For the first time in a long time, I really can't be bothered with Destiny. I find myself booting up the game, logging in with my character only to think "Meh..." and then closing the application. I have everything I need, collecting pretty much all exotics and I don't see any need in grinding Prison of Elders, especially due to the lack of rewards. At least with VoG and Crota there was an abundance of weapons and armour to collect.

I can't see myself sticking it out for The Taken King. I already had my reservations about it considering the releases of Metal Gear Solid V and PES 2016 at the same time. Sure I'll swing by for the odd game or two but I think the nights of spending 3+ hours running multiple Strikes, Raids or PoE have been numbered. It's a sad end because the game has the potential to keep players even more hooked than they have been, on a level only ever seen in games such as World of Warcraft - It just needed a little more, or more frequent updates to the content.

It's been brilliant playing with friends of old again and catching up. It's also been a pleasure meeting so many new players, having a blast with you all and It's one of the reasons I became an active Rllmuk'er.

Thanks Destiny. You truly were a remarkable game.

I'm glad I was away last week, because once you take a few days off from it you lose an awful lot of incentive to go back. Destiny is defined by that weekly rhythm and if you're not around for Nightfalls on Tuesday or Wednesday you might as well sack it off until next week.

I really like House Of Wolves but I think the three-person teams have killed it off for me. With six-man raids the slayers can put a noob or two on their backs and lug them through, but that's not an option in a 35 POE or Osiris run. It's only natural that the best players have closed ranks a bit - if I wasn't such a hapless clown I'd have done the same I'm sure - but it does mean that now when I log on, instead of seeing raid teams setting up with a space or two free, my friends list is just full of full three-man fireteams in the middle of something. Even the party scene has died - used to be that you'd have eight people all off doing their own thing chatting away, now you're got three guys doing Osiris on their own, another three doing high-level POE, and that's it. Sad, really. Sure Bungie did it with the best of intentions, accommodating people who haven't been able to get a party of six together before, but I wonder if they realised it'd have the knock-on effect on the people that never had a problem with it before.

Think of the main storyline as a massive tutorial for the real game that starts at level 20.

You now level up in terms of light. Armour will have a light value, and the more you have the higher your level. Welcome to the crazy world of Legendary and exoctic gear and weapons. Xur will now have meaning in your life.

How do I get the coins for xur?

Also I just got to lvl 23 and I have unlocked VoG... Is that even doable at 23?

How do I get the coins for xur?

Also I just got to lvl 23 and I have unlocked VoG... Is that even doable at 23?

Strange Coins you get from doing the weekly strike or random loot drops.

VoG don't bother with until you hit level 28+

Just play the vanguard strikes or crucible to get loot drops to level up your character.

Through doing strikes mainly. Sometimes you'll get them as rewards for levelling up the Cryptarch or faction. if you do the weekly heroic you'll see you always get coins and how many depend son what level you do it.

As for VoG don;t worry about that at all until you are 28

Third week in a row I've done 'Judgement's Chance' using up an armour core and a weapons core and got The Last Rebellion rocket launcher.

I'm pretty pissed off. There should be less of a chance of you getting the same damned weapon not a greater chance. That's the last fucking time I do the random roll. Total bullshit.