Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

So let me get this straight. If, after having bought all of Destiny's content so far, you pay $40 for the next DLC, they'll throw in the CE emotes and exp boost... for an extra $20 on top?

$60, then? I guess that's £60 for the DLC over here, including the emotes. Not including Red Bull content, of course. Or Sony content if you're playing on Xbox.

I'm not often astonished these days, but I'll be pretty fucking astonished if many people will pay that for what by anyone's estimation will probably be one third of a year 2 expansion set, give or take. I'm not sure how that's putting anything 'right' really, but I guess I'll see what they pull out of the bag tomorrow - on top of underlining just how awesome the Year One black shader is, of course.

That does seem like an awfully large amount of money for 3 shaders, class items and dances.
I think Mr Ben is probably right and this is a case of Activision not relenting and Bungie taking the flack for it. I just don't see how the Bungie devs could think that is good value for money.

Personally I don't blame Activision, they are just publishing what is produced and skimming a % of the profits off. All the pre-HoW design decision shit was all on Bungie. At the time when Bungie made the deal they were a massive studio and should have been able to dictate very favourable terms compared to most other studios doing the same thing. If they completely sold their souls and took the money then they are still the ones to blame.

I imagine Activision set the non-US price however and they get fucked if this $20 "upgrade" turns into £20. (Not that I'd pay £12.72 for it either but that's not the point).

I love that their response to fans claiming how the TTK DLC is fleecing them their answer is an opportunity for everyone to pay another £20. :doh:

It's a real shame that the fun stuff shown for TTK has been totally overshadowed by this daft pricing.

They've put themselves in a shit position now too because if they drop the price it's admitting it wasn't good value or low in content and if they leave it as it, people remained fucked off. With the collectors DLC, if they make it available separately for £5, it massively devalues the full price collectors edition.

All their own doing of course as it could have been avoided with sensible pricing from the off.

I'm more pissed off that they to get extra missions you have to buy a fucking can of Red Bull. Fuck that! Developer time has gone into creating a part of the game solely to put onto Red Bull. They can cunt right off.

I'm more pissed off that they to get extra missions you have to buy a fucking can of Red Bull. Fuck that! Developer time has gone into creating a part of the game solely to put onto Red Bull. They can cunt right off.

Oh yeah and possibly only Red Bull in the US!

A 50% xp boost for 30 minutes?

About as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

On the contrary, you get your nightfall, you then get all 10 bounties completed and then you use the code, Bam! huge XP boost to weapons and armour.

I assume it's a shit quest bounty that took minimal effort on their part, like the original queens bounties.

It will be available to all from Jan 1st.

It's a shitty way to treat people who use your product.

Some developer time went into make some missions that you can only get if you like Red Bull (or don't and want the code) otherwise thanks for playing our game and putting in hundreds of hours, by the way, you can play these missions in four months.

It's a big fuck you from Bungie/Activision.

Good Red Bull banter last night! I think I was inadvertently responsible for screwing up the flawless run by jumping infront of someone's rocket launcher?

I know I'm behind the curve but getting the Glow shader really made my week...it's HAMAZE!

Thanks guys!

What do you mean? We failed flawless raider because Ir Yut got caught in the window and FOR NO OTHER REASON ATTRIBUTABLE TO ME.

In other news, when I read Bungie's solution was to charge $20 for the shaders and shit I laughed like a drain. You know that is going to end up £20, and no one paying that. Didn't even mention the currency conversion shenanigans.

The only good thing about this solution is that it is a pack, not like they are adding in game store for micro transactions in the future. Unless of course too many idiots buy this and they decide it is a hint.

Man Bungie are going to be tarred with this for a long time. I am almost tempted to wait and see exactly how much content is in TTK before buying it, but I will likely be there day 1 like a lot of people here.

It shouldn't be a surprise when it turns out the people who make a carefully crafted skinner box don't have the users best interests at heart.

They've designed primarily for addiction, not fun. Their business model will milk that addiction as much as possible.

Crikey, read the update completely incorrectly last night, going away thinking they had reduced the price to $20!

Reading again they've just made the crap we want as part of a TTK only package available to buy separately? Jesus.

What do you mean? We failed flawless raider because Ir Yut got caught in the window and FOR NO OTHER REASON ATTRIBUTABLE TO ME.

Well that's good to hear, I was jumping into the left tower at the moment of your death so was convinced that I'd bumped you somehow...I do have previous with this sort of thing.

In other news I bought the Wolves ship last night - that shit was pricey eh?

I am almost inevitably going to be buying and playing The Taken King on day one because I love Destiny, but Bungie have made a right old fucking mess of this and that weekly update has only made things worse. Surely they must have realised that Red Bull thing was floating around yesterday, this horribly corporate marketing thing saying that players were accustomed to paying $20 for downloadable content? Like before they put a $20 pricetag on a pack of cosmetic stuff? Clowns.

I heard a couple of whispers at E3 last week that a lot of Bungie staff hate the way they communicate with players. I expect that number has now grown quite a bit. Their messaging is an absolute mess.

Crikey, read the update completely incorrectly last night, going away thinking they had reduced the price to $20!

Reading again they've just made the crap we want as part of a TTK only package available to buy separately? Jesus.

Yep I read it like that also & thought for £20 I'll buy the DLC.

It's only by coming to this thread I realised it was only the extra emotes crap.

On the contrary, you get your nightfall, you then get all 10 bounties completed and then you use the code, Bam! huge XP boost to weapons and armour.

Still as useful as chocolate teapot.

We won't have any empty slots in our inventory for new weapons or armour!

I heard a couple of whispers at E3 last week that a lot of Bungie staff hate the way they communicate with players. I expect that number has now grown quite a bit. Their messaging is an absolute mess.

It kind of makes you wish the people responsible for the satisfying core shooting mechanics and art would leave and firm their own studio, leaving the Skinner Box teams and Luke 'the Raid must be played exactly how I say and no other' Smith behind.

I assume it's a shit quest bounty that took minimal effort on their part, like the original queens bounties.

The promotional material claims its a six stage quest that will test your speed and strategic abilities in ways not seen in Destiny before so it sounds like they have put some effort in. I imagine its going to have some sparrow racing with rad jumps across the hellmouth or some other bullshit but I doubt very much it will just be a go kill this random add. It's also going to have exclusive rewards that can't be obtained any other way, although these may be just shitty shaders or emotes but those are worth at least £20 nowadays!

Still as useful as chocolate teapot.

We won't have any empty slots in our inventory for new weapons or armour!

Your old tat will be redundant and you will need to grind all the new stuff they want to replace it with along with the 3rd subclass, unless you fancy not being able to double jump for a week. They also want you to shard all that old crap as making a bigger vault has been pushed back for the next £20 DLC pack before Xmas.

I finished the story for the main game, it seems. I enjoyed it enough, even though it's pretty bare bones. What now, RLLMUK?

I ventured into the crucible a few times but it was horrible and scary and I'm not doing that again for a while. Strikes are fun and I still have a few I haven't done, so that's something. Can I start the DLC story stuff now or should I wait?

It said something about needing equipment with light when I finished the game but I DON'T UNDERSTAND ANYTHING.

The promotional material claims its a six stage quest that will test your speed and strategic abilities in ways not seen in Destiny before so it sounds like they have put some effort in. I imagine its going to have some sparrow racing with rad jumps across the hellmouth or some other bullshit but I doubt very much it will just be a go kill this random add. It's also going to have exclusive rewards that can't be obtained any other way, although these may be just shitty shaders or emotes but those are worth at least £20 nowadays!

Bugger.

Brb, off to go get some money and a screen