Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Take it to the DC thread, Shimmy (or, rather, don't): but I do have to say that what you wrote about DriveClub and its developers there is demonstrably untrue, containing the full complement of factual inaccuracies garnished with wild exaggeration to which the worst posts on this forum are increasingly prone. And I'm not even a massive fan of DriveClub - I can just see when a developer is feverishly trying to put something right to win over fans. And when one is actually happy to take its customers for a ride.

There's something undeniably seedy, grasping, and which wears the ugly face of corporate profit-whoring, about Bungie's Destiny - that much becomes clearer by the month. You might not care about that - might even embrace it - but at some point, I suspect a fair number of customers will find it so much of a turn-off that they'll be happy to go and play something else - buy something else - in preference to fuelling the phenomenon any further. I fully expect the standard damage limitation speech from DeeJ tomorrow, but I can guarantee it'll be calculated to throw the bare minimum at fans judged necessary to appease them. And I'm willing to admit that, depending on how far that calculation goes, it might be enough to get me to reconsider my current course of not buying anything else of theirs.

But it won't remove the bad taste from my mouth, or make me think that Bungie are on par in my heart with developers who treat their fans with respect, and make every effort to not do anything to damage their creative integrity or devalue their brand. I look forward to stuff like the Bloodborne DLC for that reason - I expect high quality, care, craftsmanship from the product; from these developers. After HoW's PvE content, and the grossly fake excitement of the PoE reveal video (a true low in gaming) - and the raid-stealng £40 DLC - and then the *throw money at screen to rebut all content* emotes, and now the Red Bull Missions - I don't expect anything of the sort from Bungie. I hope that maybe we'll get something a bit better than Crota. But it's only a hope, not a belief, and if I wanted to spend £40 every few months on pure hope, I might as well start doing the lottery - or, as wags would have it, the idiot tax. I might even have a better chance of that paying off than of Bungie achieving something better than VoG for my forty quid.

I would but too much talk of the PS+ version being pulled and even when put back not being playable online as the servers still don't work properly :facepalm:

Is the gist of it that you can release a game that doesn't work, still take money and even carry on releasing paid DLC while the game isn't working but along as you are trying hard to fix the game so it is as advertised 6 months later you get a free pass??

The next paid for DLC is due for it soon alongside some sponsored DLC, ringing any bells?

Well, Shimmy, if you don't want to post any more of your (loosely based on reality but admittedly imaginative) DriveClub put-downs in its own thread, would you mind ever so much kindly shutting the fuck up about that game in this one? Cos this is the one where we come to have a go at Destiny - or, occasionally, to praise it.

Thank you.

Well, Shimmy, if you don't want to post any more of your (loosely based on reality but admittedly imaginative) DriveClub put-downs in its own thread, would you mind ever so much kindly shutting the fuck up about that game in this one? Cos this is the one where we come to have a go at Destiny - or, occasionally, to praise it.

Thank you.

Will do, that game does strange things to me and still makes me mad I paid money for it so I will shut up!

Fancy some PoE??

;)

A 50% xp boost for 30 minutes?

About as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

Pretty useful if it stacks with nightfall bonus and you store up all your bounties to cash in before using it.

It's going to look like Indy Car soon :)

FweImbk.jpg

I loved this one on NeoGAF:

vanguard_burgermaster.jpg

I know the extra mission will be shit but I don't like the precedent it's setting. In 5 years time, will regular players be at a disadvantage in PVP if they haven't signed up to Doritos' newsletter etc?

Also, fucking Red Bull... It's just so tacky.

I don't own any DLC. I also only ever got to level 29. I just picked the game up recently again and started a fresh. I was going to pick up the first two DLCs, but not now.

Why pay £35 for two DLC now and £40 for another at the end of the year, when I can trade in my copy of destiny standard and get the legendary pack!?

Seems recently people keep missing words in my posts, so I will do same again here.

QUICKLY

I mean you cannot expect stuff like more vault space to happen immediately. I don't think anyone really thinks in a week for large design issues to be mended.

I do expect to not have to wait nine months for the heavy ammo glitch, raid glitches and the fix for Xur not selling heavy ammo every week (which was a bug - Bungie listed it in patch notes as such) to be fixed.

Also, aside from making PvP a legitimate path to get to max level and having appropriate rewards, what else did they 'fix' in HoW? Sure, a lot of the stuff was better. Story missions were decent, more of them. Better new stuff is not fixing old problems. Those fixes I mentioned above were pre-HoW.

(for reference I am honestly interested in what they have changed as far as the game experience goes for HoW to makes things better. Seems I have been taking in too much sodium recently, and that amount of sodium can cloud the judgement as to what is an improvement on pre-DLC experience)

Yeah, fair enough on the speed comment - the heavy ammo glitch was obviously a massive pain in the arse for them to fix, whereas fixing raid cheeses probably just required some map tweaks, hence the quick delivery. Raid glitches (VoG portals, Crota being a fucking tit) were probably harder to fix too, as a lot of the issues seemed to stem from shit connections / latency problems which are probably tricky to recreate internally. They've also fixed a lot of other stuff that aren't raid cheeses quickly too.

It's not like the heavy ammo glitch made the raids impossible. Most of us managed hard VoG / Crota without tons of heavy ammo to hand, and it wasn't like you couldn't buy ammo from the Gunsmith anyway. And then there was the heavy ammo glitch that worked in your favour if you were desperate.

Regards to what they've listened to and fixed with HoW, well, almost everything. The game throws new (good) stuff at you constantly, no need to farm glimmer now thanks to the exchange at the speaker, re-rollable weapons, much faster levelling for weapons and armour.

PoE could do with some work though, there's not much incentive to go back to it once you've done the Cipher bounties, Skolas doesn't seem drop much - has anyone ever had armour drop from him?. At least the encounter is actually fun now they've removed the burns.

That said, Luke Smith is still a massive, seeping bellend. All of that marketing guff doesn't surprise me either - it's been par for the course for some time now.

Just going to give it a few mins, then I will start sending invites out for team Hammer/Word/whatever the fuck you guys want.

Also Donut, no lies detected on that post, cannot disagree with anything there, all good points.

Just about to turn in for the night and spot a VoG run with Banjaxed, Gong and crew going on with a spare slot.

Join just as Atheon goes down. Muthafuckin VEX get!

One more run for luck from the Gatekeeper......muthafuckin VISION get!

Coming off a couple of really fun PoE sessions too, tonight was a good night.

Must be that can of red bull I had earlier. It really is a tasty beverage.

Did Nightfall on my lonesome (off work unwell today) and got the boss down to a smidgeon of health. One grenade should kill him. I was hiding in the cheese spot and leapt up to throw a grenade at him. Mis-timed it and it hit off the wall and landed in front of me blowing myself up and without rez I was kicked back up to orbit...fuck,

Just about to turn in for the night and spot a VoG run with Banjaxed, Gong and crew going on with a spare slot.

Join just as Atheon goes down. Muthafuckin VEX get!

One more run for luck from the Gatekeeper......muthafuckin VISION get!

Coming off a couple of really fun PoE sessions too, tonight was a good night.

Must be that can of red bull I had earlier. It really is a tasty beverage.

A good haul, thanks to all who turned up, really enjoying raiding again, its so much fun. As per usual I got a Mythoclast apologies to whoever I stole it from ;)

I want this for my hunter:

0nKh015.png

:lol:

So 60 notes if you want the new emotes, shaders and class items on top of the expansion. No mention of UK/EU players getting shafted on the currency conversion, and I doubt anything will be said tomorrow either. I get the feeling Activision will not relent on this, and bungie are stuck with it.