Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Not that its worth much, but I won't be buying TTK at launch, I'l wait for the other editions to come way down in price and then I'll grab it.

Theres plenty to do with Destiny Y1 to tide me over, so fuck Bungie in their wallet.

I'll be buying the 40 quid no emote edition. I don't play Destiny to point or wave at folk.

Also get the feeling that in no way will Bungie fuck over the existing players. They won't make as much money from new players buying the collectors edition as they will from existing players buying the expansion. Doesn't make sense to screw your customers over, I'll wait til everything is announced before jumping feet first to criticise them.

My prediction is we, the existing playerbase, will be getting something better than whats included with that collection. Of course, this is all subjective, I may prefer a cool shader or ship, but many folk might prefer to turn and drop their leg armour to moon other Guardians. (admittedly, that would be awesome!)

Just finished a Salvage game with 5 permanent yellow and 1 permanent red bar.

Keep your shaders, your ships and all that nonsense. Fix your multiplayer and I am the first in line to hand over my money.

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be on this all night, possibly more than once this week.

My Titan's at 19.5 after finishing the story and doing all the Strikes up to Mars, so a few more Strikes, DLC Story missions, etc, and I should make 20. Then I can jump into Crucible to do some of the choice bounties I've been saving. I'm already looking forward to shooting/confusing people as with a lowly level 20 with a level 34's guns.

Of course, I also want to do a Nightfall, some PoE and the weeklies on the Warlock* at some point...

This is why I only ever wanted one character.

* If anyone wants to run something later and I'm playing around with the Titan "side-project" just give me a heads up and I'll switch characters and join asap.

Just finished a Salvage game with 5 permanent yellow and 1 permanent red bar.

Keep your shaders, your ships and all that nonsense. Fix your multiplayer and I am the first in line to hand over my money.

Were you the Red bar?

I just cannot see anyone who regularly plays Destiny agreeing that a) Bungie have any intention of rewarding long term players b) the listen to the community and fix things quickly. The only thing they fix quickly are cheeses.

What, apart from all the stuff they have listened to and fixed with House of Wolves, you mean?

I have a sneaking suspicion I'm going to be on this all night, possibly more than once this week.

My Titan's at 19.5 after finishing the story and doing all the Strikes up to Mars, so a few more Strikes, DLC Story missions, etc, and I should make 20. Then I can jump into Crucible to do some of the choice bounties I've been saving. I'm already looking forward to shooting/confusing people as with a lowly level 20 with a level 34's guns.

Of course, I also want to do a Nightfall, some PoE and the weeklies on the Warlock* at some point...

This is why I only ever wanted one character.

* If anyone wants to run something later and I'm playing around with the Titan "side-project" just give me a heads up and I'll switch characters and join asap.

I'll be on matey.

Got a friend into the game this week so another RL friend and I have been hoofing it through the story with him and he hit 20 last night. What would you say is the best way to get him geared up post 20? Run him through a zillion strikes for engrams? Bear in mind he'll have 2x33s acting as his bouncers

Honestly, just do everything.

Strikes and bounties for engrams and marks, nightfall for a random drop or some etheric light. Even try dragging him through a PoE lvl 32 and he can get an armour core for a max light chest piece. Pick up an exotic from Xur on Friday and he's well on his way.

I might be done with this game. 3 x nightfalls and a if the same machine gun 3 times.....that I already had (sawtooth oscillator) and its shit anyway.

Then I did crota normal and got song of ir yut, then hard and got another word of crota (that's 5 of them now). Oh and Monte Carlo.

Anyone for VoG?

I'll be buying the 40 quid no emote edition. I don't play Destiny to point or wave at folk.

Also get the feeling that in no way will Bungie fuck over the existing players. They won't make as much money from new players buying the collectors edition as they will from existing players buying the expansion. Doesn't make sense to screw your customers over, I'll wait til everything is announced before jumping feet first to criticise them.

My prediction is we, the existing playerbase, will be getting something better than whats included with that collection. Of course, this is all subjective, I may prefer a cool shader or ship, but many folk might prefer to turn and drop their leg armour to moon other Guardians. (admittedly, that would be awesome!)

I couldn't give a shit about new ships or shaders or hand claps or whatever, but I do care about a £40 price point, which myself and others have made clear that similarly priced games have provided as much and maybe more content than Destiny has for the same price, including online shenanigans. I'm going to throw my hat in the ring and make a prediction that the overwhelming majority of people who get TTK -- say, 80%+ -- will be doing so on American accounts.

Guys I'm keeping the templar checkpoint open on my character so feel free to join and take it... Do this after the reset at 10am

Did anyone grab this? I'd like to get it next time you are on... still need a VoC!

What, apart from all the stuff they have listened to and fixed with House of Wolves, you mean?

Seems recently people keep missing words in my posts, so I will do same again here.

QUICKLY

I mean you cannot expect stuff like more vault space to happen immediately. I don't think anyone really thinks in a week for large design issues to be mended.

I do expect to not have to wait nine months for the heavy ammo glitch, raid glitches and the fix for Xur not selling heavy ammo every week (which was a bug - Bungie listed it in patch notes as such) to be fixed.

Also, aside from making PvP a legitimate path to get to max level and having appropriate rewards, what else did they 'fix' in HoW? Sure, a lot of the stuff was better. Story missions were decent, more of them. Better new stuff is not fixing old problems. Those fixes I mentioned above were pre-HoW.

(for reference I am honestly interested in what they have changed as far as the game experience goes for HoW to makes things better. Seems I have been taking in too much sodium recently, and that amount of sodium can cloud the judgement as to what is an improvement on pre-DLC experience)

Most years I spend £400 easily on games, hopping from one to another, this year, I've spent £55 total on Destiny guardian edition with both DLCs included. Astounding value to me.

Had an absolute amazing time, discovering the world, 6 player raids, multiple iron banner weekends, tension filled nightfalls, and genuinely fun and funny moments. One of my top ten favourite games ever, and £40 gets me another lump of fun until at least the new year? Yes please.

ive spent more than that in 2 trips to the imax on forgettable films.

Indeed, people seem to forget that the heavy ammo glitch was a day one bug, but we didn't really notice it until we all got to Crota. Both raids have had "issues", but didn't get fixed until the second expansion (Atheon and his dodgy portals were issues since release!), and yet any exploit, such as pushing a boss off the edge, or hiding on an enemy sniper platform, are hotfixed.

I'm wondering if Skolas' loot will be fixed before the Taken King. One shader per account is rubbish, let alone one emblem (not that I care about that, as I've been showered in them since the start of this expansion). But to make it worse the weapons, and even the armour, dont drop, at least as often as they should.

Loot from PoE in general is diabolical, quantity and quality. The only exotic drop I had was week one, admittedly it was a Gjallahorn, but not had one since and the only queens weapon I'm using is a void shotgun, which is just tiding me over until I get Swordbreaker.

Most years I spend £400 easily on games, hopping from one to another, this year, I've spent £55 total on Destiny guardian edition with both DLCs included. Astounding value to me.

Had an absolute amazing time, discovering the world, 6 player raids, multiple iron banner weekends, tension filled nightfalls, and genuinely fun and funny moments. One of my top ten favourite games ever, and £40 gets me another lump of fun until at least the new year? Yes please.

ive spent more than that in 2 trips to the imax on forgettable films.

Oh good, someone is talking sense finally. ;)

Not that I can't see both points of view on this but it doesn't seem that bad to me in terms of value for money, which I know is subjective.

I've ( only ) spent 350 hours on Destiny so far across both my characters & I've spent around £80. Taking that total up to £120 for the DLC still only works out at about 34p per hour played, which seems like pretty good value to me.