Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Little whine incoming, it is possible to not use the long intro and ending animations in ShareFactory. When starting a project, two intro and two ending animations or ticked on by default. Untick to have them removed.

Little whine incoming, it is possible to not use the long intro and ending animations in ShareFactory. When starting a project, two intro and two ending animations or ticked on by default. Untick to have them removed.

I only used them as it reminded me of the game, its been down for sooooooooo long ;)

Unless you're going to edit several clips together or need titles/SFX, I don't see why most people bother with ShareFactory at all. There's usually no need for all the extras - the majority of people just want to upload a single clip, and you can trim that down to size and upload it right from Capture Gallery.

In the meantime guys, you can read this well thought out argument from Luke Smith about Taken King's price point and additional premium collectors exclusive pre-order premium limited shit.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-06-22-destiny-the-taken-king-director-defends-40-expansion-price-tag

Or remember this is the man who decides whether we are playing the game as he intended and is in fact a massive corporate ballsack.

Unless you're going to edit several clips together or need titles/SFX, I don't see why most people bother with ShareFactory at all. There's usually no need for all the extras - the majority of people just want to upload a single clip, and you can trim that down to size and upload it right from Capture Gallery.

I usually don't but didn't know there was a destiny theme until I stumbled on it so though it was worth a look, it's easily the best theme on there as we all know that sound so well!

It is worth mentioning it twice. Words cannot describe the contempt that man has for his customers. This is the guy in charge of the entire game. I mean we are all buying that shit, don't get me wrong. Part of the problem and all that. Tell you something though, they can shove that collector's edition right up their assessment of the content value.

It is worth mentioning it twice. Words cannot describe the contempt that man has for his customers. This is the guy in charge of the entire game. I mean we are all buying that shit, don't get me wrong. Part of the problem and all that. Tell you something though, they can shove that collector's edition right up their assessment of the content value.

How is it contempt, do you expect the game to be sold at full price for its whole life?

I get the feeling that there will be rewards for long term players but they can't announce them now because otherwise everyone will buy the game for a few quid and the dlc stuff a week before TTK and ramp up just to get the 'long term player rewards'

I could be wrong but I don't recall a console game that has ever listened to the community as much as they do and patched stuff n based on feedback so quickly - of course they will upset as many as they please with this way of working but the community is bloody strong even if there is lots of moaning!!

I am very much leaning towards not purchasing this. For a while now it has been my World of Warcraft for 2014 and 2015; the game I play and get back to for no apparent reason. Once a week I run one or a few more raids, do some PvP, grind a bit for glimmer and whatnot (edit; , and getting royally fucked off at the lagfest that is Crucible. Bungie you cunts, it has been a year. Fix it instead of adding new maps and modes.). But everything with an unhealthy amount of passive enjoyment.

I played World of Warcraft for a total of eight years, it took me close to three years of passive enjoyment before I quit for good. Having lived and learned, I can see where Destiny is taking me.

How is it contempt, do you expect the game to be sold at full price for its whole life?

I get the feeling that there will be rewards for long term players but they can't announce them now because otherwise everyone will buy the game for a few quid and the dlc stuff a week before TTK and ramp up just to get the 'long term player rewards'

I could be wrong but I don't recall a console game that has ever listened to the community as much as they do and patched stuff n based on feedback so quickly - of course they will upset as many as they please with this way of working but the community is bloody strong even if there is lots of moaning!!

...the hell are you talking about? Did you read the article? Here, let me lay some choice quotes down for you.

Eurogamer: So it may seem like a small thing but you're adding exclusive content to the game - three new dance emotes - that players can't get unless they rebuy the main game and the two existing DLCs. Is that right?

Luke Smith: "There is no way right now for you to get the new dance emotes without doing that. Those are Collector's Edition exclusive. We've set some stuff aside for that edition specifically to really make it appeal to fans who have engaged with the game already and also to people that will enter the game this autumn.

Can you see that some fans are confused that you're asking them to buy stuff they already own?

"Yeah, I can totally empathise with those people. But the Collector's Edition is a pretty cool package for people who want to pursue that stuff. Otherwise, surely what you're saying is that you would want to buy them separately, right?"

Well, yeah. I would rather do that - pay a few pounds or dollars or whatever - than spend money on things I already own.

"Well, we have nothing more to talk about regarding your opportunity to spend extra money in Destiny, other than The Taken King and the three versions we've announced."

Final question on prices -

"Is it also the final question on the emotes?"

I'm not going to mention them again. I can't get them.

"But you can if you buy the Collector's Edition."

I'm not going to buy the game and the two DLCs all over again.

"Ok, but first I want to poke at you on this a little bit."

Poke at me?

"You're feeling anxious because you want this exclusive content but you don't know yet how much you want it. The notion of spending this money is making you anxious, I can see it -"

I do want them. I would buy them -

"If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would throw money at the screen."

For reference, for new players the upcoming Legendary edition with base game, both current DLCs and Taken King is tremendous value, get on that shit.

Listened to the community? We wanted more vault space and to fix the bugs in the raids. it took them months. We wanted to have a way to keep our current exotics. Their original method was done in such a way it wiped all the levelling progress on said item - which takes forever for weapons. The long term player stuff is...

“As a thank you to our most loyal fans who have reached light level 30 or who previously purchased expansion I and expansion II by August 31, 2015, you will receive an exclusive commemorative founder’s fortune year 1 emblem, Sparrow, armor shader and more at launch with your purchase of the Taken King.”

I just, I cannot find anything in your post I agree with. It seems to miss my point completely - which I didn't elaborate on so fair is fair. I just cannot see anyone who regularly plays Destiny agreeing that a) Bungie have any intention of rewarding long term players b) the listen to the community and fix things quickly. The only thing they fix quickly are cheeses.

I'm not saying it's right...but... I nearly bought Destiny on Friday. The reason I didn't is actually because I feel like I've missed the boat on the big events and would be behind everyone needing to skip the the new popular bits.

So the new everything pack does appeal to me. I'd cope with missing out a bit more.

But yeah, some shananagans and bad PR there.

Luke Smith can be, at times, witty but is essentially a walking ball of snark. He should have known that that wouldn't come off well in print, but I can sort of understand his desire to make fun of a grown man whining about emotes.

I think there's a lot there which just kind of gives me the impression that Bungie know they've got a lot of players hooked and can do as they please.

The whole thing confirms for me that Bungie aren't a company I'm comfortable handing my money over to at the moment.

They are trying to lure in new customers and make idiots buy the game again for some tat that will give them nothing, not sure if you have ever bought anything from anywhere ever before but its a pretty common 'con' every company in every walk of life use.

The game itself isn't a year old and there have been lots of big revisions, fixes and updates players have asked for - i'm no programmer but I'm pretty sure the stuff they do in the time they do it is impressive but of course it will never meet the expectations of what we all want.

Im not giving it a free pass but I think people are hard on it for the sake of it and as ever you (and many others, not meaning just you of course) have made your mind up about something that isn't out for 3 months.

Just seems an odd stance to have when there is literally nothing to benchmark it against in the console environment.

"You're feeling anxious because you want this exclusive content but you don't know yet how much you want it. The notion of spending this money is making you anxious, I can see it -

"If I fired up a video right now and showed you the emotes you would throw money at the screen."

:lol: Is this an outtake from Jerry Maguire?

Seriously, though. Seriously now.

Top-Ten-Johnny-Cash-Albums.jpg

Just seems an odd stance to have when there is literally nothing to benchmark it against in the console environment.

I don't like this argument. We are paying nearly as much as a new game for this. Fallout 4 will cost you 50quid. That's the benchmark. This is one new area and a remix of enemies and the 4 areas that you already paid for in the first game. Barely no new assets. The main issue for this isn't the money we spend on this per se but the precedent it sets. It just seems to me managing the economics of this was a train wreck for Bungie/Activision and they are dead set on extracting every penny they can from their existing user base to make their projections (while trying to minimise how much more they spend on creating new assets). I don't mind paying more money for something that is new. However, we've ended up paying for expansions to be able to traverse the game backwards. It really seems weirdly deceiving. I still love this game and the community around it but I really hate the business model they've created. I really hope this isn't copied by any other games.

It is worth it if you put the hours in is it not?

I agree that we don't want precedents set for price v content but if the raid is VoG quality than that alone is worth the asking price for me.

I admit I am giving them plenty of slack but it is because of the 500 hours I have put in and the fun I have had along the way - how can you put a monetary price on that?

This is the content bungee need us to love as they need destiny 2 to sell well as one assumes many eggs are in that basket even now - if they fuck the customers off that much they are killing their 10 year plan.

As an aside would people prefer a monthly sub and how would you price that?

I think I stopped playing this a week ago. I don't miss anything about it either, I've not touched either raid in 7 or 8 weeks, TOS is beyond me sadly, I do wish that had matchmaking. POE quickly got repetitive and the developers arrogance has turned me sour. Oh well. Was there a reason why we got no new achievements with the past dlc? That may have held my interest.

As an aside would people prefer a monthly sub and how would you price that?

If this would allow them to create more content for the game I wouldn't mind that at all. Basically anything that's more transparent. All this we are not ready to talk about it bullshit until all pre-orders are in and then reveal there is no new raid is a bit shit. 6 new missions! but they all take place in the same environments. New enemies! but it is just the same enemies with adjustments to the AI and new skins. It just feels like I am being bamboozled the whole time. The monthly thing would be more transparent. To continue to play this you will pay this much monthly. That's it, sorted.