Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I'd be up for some Trials tonight if anyone else is? Not had a go this week yet but definitely feel like I've been getting better at PvP of late.

I would be, if you need someone - only managed one game yesterday, and still have two losses to give.

Unfortunately (potentially mainly for you), I may be a little drunk though, so you may want to look elsewhere. I should be on soon either way, so if you need someone just bung me an invite.

It has to be said that DestinyLFG is a fantastic site. I've used it several times now for various activities and all the players i've met have been friendly, chatty, sporting, and most importantly; competent.

Great option to have if your regular friends are all 'played out', or you're just Billy-No-Mates. lol! ;)

Recommended.

I have really erratic play times so find it next to impossible to join forum games, things like LFG/LFR in mmos and this mean I can enjoy the game without parts of it being locked off.

For me the site is a godsend and 90% of runs have been successful and a bloody good laugh.

Had a fantastic time the other day where I wanted to get my friend into her first raid, she was very nervous and the fact it was 3 young sounding kids (and a very northern bloke bloke) made things worse (they couldn't believe a girl played Destiny!)

She was having real problems with the vanishing platforms in VoG but instead of the kids getting annoyed they actually all joined in very carefully showing her how to do it, it was brilliant and really helped her confidence, we flew through the rest with a brilliant atmosphere.

Had some great fun in trials last night with mooselizer and limubai - to set the scene, we had just lost to this team 5-0 and I had backed out of matchmaking to make sure we didn't get them again. We somehow managed to anyway and were promptly down 4 nil again.

http://youtu.be/SzyOGp2m_Yk

What I've taken from re-watching it is that I'm a liability with lightening grenades! I manage to zone myself and almost suicide from them 3 or 4 times! We were all buzzing at the end of that match - I'd love to know what the other team were saying after they had just won 9 rounds straight against us.

We had a similar 4-1 recovery in the following match but I forgot to record it.

We got 5 wins for the chest piece which is my best trials result so far. Feels like I'm getting better at it slowly.

And here it is from my end:

Do exotics still drop from the PoE 28, presuming it's not the first time running it with that character?

Not sure on this, I've only ever had an exotic drop once on PoE 28 (first ever attempt) despite running it every week since it launched with a treasure key.

When PoE launched there was talk of it guaranteeing you an exotic weekly but maybe that was a launch week thing as a sweetener.

Started a Hunter last week and got him from 9 to 30 yesterday (football was cancelled so had day to play) then a quick smash of Crota got me a Word of Crota!!

Not a Ghallahorn but it shall do for now!

Anyone know when the reef opens up as a social space?

Just hit level 10 and unlocked it on the map for the story mission, but can't visit it yet, could use the gloves from Variks.

Opens up at 20. I tried accessing at 18 and 19 yesterday and it does some animation but then doesn't allow access.

Did my first Strike last night. It was fun!

Starting to actually get what's going on more, and did some of those little random events with some other players on the moon. I can feel this getting its claws into me...

Started a Hunter last week and got him from 9 to 30 yesterday (football was cancelled so had day to play) then a quick smash of Crota got me a Word of Crota!!

Not a Ghallahorn but it shall do for now!

Opens up at 20. I tried accessing at 18 and 19 yesterday and it does some animation but then doesn't allow access.

Cheers, with the servers being down tonight I don't think I'll be able to pick those Titan gloves up. Only at level 11 on the Titan so far.

Going through all the early stuff is a pain in the arse, but I'm quite enjoying the Titan play style. Just a shame I can't equip any decent gear yet, got a ton of Titan armour waiting and a load of new weapons last week I want to level up and it's all unavailable til level 20, all that xp going to waste.

Has everyone started a new character this weekend then?! Are people trophy-hunting, or completing their set?

I've got a Titan to 17-18 this weekend, but he's not no lovely gear waiting for him when he hits 20 (unless I move a few guns over to help with levelling quicker). He'll probably be cast aside as soon as I level the Striker subclass too - I had a Hunter way back when, but switched (back) to Warlock when I realised that was the class for me (as I'd already played it in the beta), and I've always maintained I'm staying a one character man. I've no time for alts, really, but I'm so close to that Platinum (and I have been curious about Titans for a while), so I figured I'd do this as a side-project...

Shame the server's down tonight really - I'd have loved to spend an evening on him now before the reset and probably going back to primarily playing my Warlock for a few days.

The Titan is fun though, I'll grant you. It's nice seeing how the other half live as well - half the fun with this game is that all the classes are overpowered in their own special way, and whether you're raiding, running the Prison of Elders, or whatever, you learn to really really appreciate what the other classes bring to the table.

Whether it be an invisible sneaky fucker resurrecting me (or, since Crota, flat out making my life easier), or a giant meathead popping bubbles and pulling our asses out of the fire, I'm always glad to have you guys by my side while I'm prancing around in my fancy robes. :wub:

Has everyone started a new character this weekend then?! Are people trophy-hunting, or completing their set?

I've got a Titan to 17-18 this weekend, but he's not no lovely gear waiting for him when he hits 20 (unless I move a few guns over to help with levelling quicker). He'll probably be cast aside as soon as I level the Striker subclass too - I had a Hunter way back when, but switched (back) to Warlock when I realised that was the class for me (as I'd already played it in the beta), and I've always maintained I'm staying a one character man. I've no time for alts, really, but I'm so close to that Platinum (and I have been curious about Titans for a while), so I figured I'd do this as a side-project...

Shame the server's down tonight really - I'd have loved to spend an evening on him now before the reset and probably going back to primarily playing my Warlock for a few days.

The Titan is fun though, I'll grant you. It's nice seeing how the other half live as well - half the fun with this game is that all the classes are overpowered in their own special way, and whether you're raiding, running the Prison of Elders, or whatever, you learn to really really appreciate what the other classes bring to the table.

Whether it be an invisible sneaky fucker resurrecting me (or, since Crota, flat out making my life easier), or a giant meathead popping bubbles and pulling our asses out of the fire, I'm always glad to have you guys by my side while I'm prancing around in my fancy robes. :wub:

I'm trophy hunting now, never had a platinum as I didn't get a PS3 until late in the last gen life cycle and just hammered through a few exclusives I had missed. Don't generally bother with trophies/achievements but since we knocked out the flawless raider that I never thought I would manage, the platinum is in sight so may as well get it done.

I'll be keeping my Titan though. Already got a Hunter and Warlock at 34. I always planned to get a Titan started, but kept putting it off. Any time I got a Titan drop from Nightfalls or engrams etc. I just fired it in the Vault for future use!

Currently sitting at 31 with a blue gauntlet. Hopefully upgrading that up to a purple should make me 33 or a high 32, then is it just a case of upgrading what I have with Exotic Shards/Etheric Light?

EDIT: also do I always get an exotic shard for dismantling an exotic piece of armour? And will this improve the light level of my exotic?

There is just SO MUCH GOING ON.

Currently sitting at 31 with a blue gauntlet. Hopefully upgrading that up to a purple should make me 33 or a high 32, then is it just a case of upgrading what I have with Exotic Shards/Etheric Light?

EDIT: also do I always get an exotic shard for dismantling an exotic piece of armour? And will this improve the light level of my exotic?

There is just SO MUCH GOING ON.

You always get an exotic shard for dismantling an exotic weapon or armour.

Exotics (weapons and armour) can be raised to the current max level (still need leveling using xp) using one exotic shard.

If you have the marks and rep, buy the purple you need and you'll be 32.

I think it depends on what 34 it is. Qodron (even after buffs) might be a bit tricky, Gutrot should be quite straight forward. If you have two 34s with you then you should be good to go.

In the meantime Variks has finished with my cipher, so time to grind PoE till 4. Anyone who needs to do a 32/34 before then let me know, I need my boss points.

Man, Variks' exotic shotgun is weird :wacko:

The shotgun is the best out of the 3, with the sniper being the next best.

The sidearm is the weirdest of the 3, as it reloads like a double barrelled shotgun, yet other than that novelty, is pretty dire. Its a medium range gun, but is far too weak, especially as it takes up an exotic.

Based on his stock rotation so far it'll be chest tomorrow. My two day old Warlock is sitting at 32 waiting for that chest to max her out.

I was hoping that he'd have a helmet, I need one to get my warlock to 34. Chest piece might work though as I have exotics in my vault.

Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet? Is it back yet?