Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

That's very nice indeed, actually. If AR's get buffed again that could be a beast in Crucible.

It's been 24 hours of firsts for me - my first VoG completion last night (finally :D), which lead to my first Fatebringer (and Atheon's Epilogue), and then a normal Crota run got me my first Swordbreaker, as well as the Crota Warlock raid chest. Not a bad haul for a (great) nights work. (Thanks again chaps - looking forward to next time already. :) )

This morning I started my first Titan, just because I'm that close to the Platinum now that I figure I might as well level one to get the last of the (sub)class trophies before I mop up the last few others I need (capture some points in Salvage, find a few more Ghosts, finish a Strike with fellow Renegades). I figure if there's any game I should Platinum it's this one, considering the amount of time I've invested in it!

The story does feel dry as anything now though. Playing through in co-op with Muz earlier helped, but I think it's going to be a side project for a little while now - I'll try and level up to 20 as soon as possible, then switch over a few of the better guns decent (or ones that need levelling) from my Warlock and try and level it with bounties and Crucible as quickly as possible. Then I can back to being a one character man asap - playing as a Warlock is still my Destiny. :P

You back on tomorrow at any point J? Was miles better levelling up together and chatting... Even though it meant wondering totally off course a few times!

Hey guys, guys, guys. I heard you done some raiding. Got any more raiding?

tumblr_mx0no2m1nm1sx4jfio1_500.gif

I got this sick niece, real sick. Needs a Word of Crota man. Just one Word of Crota. I'm good for it bro, either this evening or tomorrow evening. You ain't gonna let me niece stay sick, are you bro?

You back on tomorrow at any point J? Was miles better levelling up together and chatting... Even though it meant wondering totally off course a few times!

Yeah, I'll be on at some point. And yes, the tendency to wander off in the directions we normally would when raiding, doing strikes or patrolling, then realising we were going in completely the wrong direction was both very amusing and happening far too frequently!

I keep being tempted to play again tonight, but if I do I'll stick to the Warlock so I don't leave you behind. :)

EDIT - If there is more raiding to be done tonight or tomorrow I should be about too.

I played this for a month or so with some players from this parish then stopped (generally don't have the time for games these days). I loved it and found the combat to be incredible, but maybe felt the world wasn't fleshed out enough. I couldn't get on with the MP element at all, never won anything... Felt miles away from halo.

I got to level 22 I think, and found leveling up any further difficult and a bit frustrating as it was all about what I could find to wear.

Just wondering, for those who are now long standing players, has there been enough to keep you entertained variety wise? I'm sure it's still mainly a magnet for combat reasons, but has the factioning etc lead to any surprises and is it a case of just taking on harder and harder missions?

Totally out the loop, but would like to jump back in soon.

I played this for a month or so with some players from this parish then stopped (generally don't have the time for games these days). I loved it and found the combat to be incredible, but maybe felt the world wasn't fleshed out enough. I couldn't get on with the MP element at all, never won anything... Felt miles away from halo.

I got to level 22 I think, and found leveling up any further difficult and a bit frustrating as it was all about what I could find to wear.

Just wondering, for those who are now long standing players, has there been enough to keep you entertained variety wise? I'm sure it's still mainly a magnet for combat reasons, but has the factioning etc lead to any surprises and is it a case of just taking on harder and harder missions?

Totally out the loop, but would like to jump back in soon.

The levelling up process is still the same immediately after you hit 20. Grind vanguard till level 2, buy armour, get an exotic bit of armour via Xur and what does that take you to now? Is it 32? Certainly enough to do most of the stuff in the game.

Variety wise I think most agree the game is sorely lacking in content for what you pay for it. I keep playing it as like you said, the shooting is fun. Only difference is instead of doing VoG as much as possible, it became do Crota a bit with some added VoG. Now it is for PoE a bit, with a bit of Crota and some VoG as the vault is still the best bit of the game.

Never really got into PvP, need to ask others how that has changed over the months. Latest DLC does have some raid equivalent PvP as it were, you get suitably rewarded with cool shit for being good. I heard anyway, not ventured into it myself. There are many fine people on here who will help with you either regardless.

Talking of PvP, and with caveat I don't really play it, been trying out Lord of Wolves as my shotgun in it. It seems very situational. I think it has best range of any shotgun, but you have to hit all the burst, and a headshot helps. At close range it is harder to miss, but the split second it takes the burst to come out means death against any normal instant kill shotgun. The special perk relies on you staying alive and your teammates being dead but not dying to get most out of it. You normally don't have the time or set of circumstances for it to be useful.

PvE I would say it may be best shotgun in the game. Enemies are bigger, don't move around as randomly as players and you can hit multiple headshots. Fast fire rate, stable for what you want it for, loads of ammo and it hits like a truck. 365 Found Verdict is a great all rounder, 4th Horseman for the burst but this thing is just nuts. The perk on top is just a delicious extra. Anyone else have any thoughts on it?

Try not to take it all in at once, you don't need to worry about most things until you've played through the story and hit lvl20. Also try not to be put off by how long it takes to get the bosses health down, they are right buggers at the start but you'll appreciate how far you've come later on...tip I found useful was grouping bounties together to speed things up although that was back in the days when you had half the slots you have now.

Yeah, I'm trying to pace myself and not worry about everything. I don't really understand the boundary between solo and online stuff, though. There are always other players wandering around but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with them, if anything. They're always way higher level than me, anyway.

I just do everything on my own for now.

Hi all was wondering if I could get a little help.

Ok after playing solidly for the first few months. Loving destiny and becoming a bit obsessed I moved house.

I've not really played for 5 months, but had completed VOG multiple times and hit level 30.

I tried coming back last night and installed the Crota DLC and I'm very confused.

Anyone got a dummies guide for catching up on all the changes! It's a bit overwhelming at the moment.

Cheers

I have the Gorgon exotic chest (which is different to the regular ascendant chest in there) checkpoint if anyone wants an invite. I got a 334/365 Plan C from it yesterday! GT is SwallowFM on Xbox One.

I wouldn't mind a go on that if you're on tonight :)

Had some great fun in trials last night with mooselizer and limubai - to set the scene, we had just lost to this team 5-0 and I had backed out of matchmaking to make sure we didn't get them again. We somehow managed to anyway and were promptly down 4 nil again.

What I've taken from re-watching it is that I'm a liability with lightening grenades! I manage to zone myself and almost suicide from them 3 or 4 times! We were all buzzing at the end of that match - I'd love to know what the other team were saying after they had just won 9 rounds straight against us.

We had a similar 4-1 recovery in the following match but I forgot to record it.

We got 5 wins for the chest piece which is my best trials result so far. Feels like I'm getting better at it slowly.

Thought I'd upload my crota solo too since some people asked how I did it.

The answer is "pretty badly!", especially when you see some people 1 swording him solo on YouTube. I did loads of things wrong and it shows that Crota normal is pretty forgiving (although I got lucky not being chopped where I was constantly greedy going for 4 hits with no chance of them landing). Before anyone mentions it - yeah I should have swapped to ice breaker for the ogres... It took forever to kill them with a primary and heavy synth not being up. The 3 shards at the end is all I deserved for that but still happy to have achieved it.

I have the Gorgon exotic chest (which is different to the regular ascendant chest in there) checkpoint if anyone wants an invite. I got a 334/365 Plan C from it yesterday! GT is SwallowFM on Xbox One.

I'll try make a co-ordinated appearance too :)

Hi all was wondering if I could get a little help.

Ok after playing solidly for the first few months. Loving destiny and becoming a bit obsessed I moved house.

I've not really played for 5 months, but had completed VOG multiple times and hit level 30.

I tried coming back last night and installed the Crota DLC and I'm very confused.

Anyone got a dummies guide for catching up on all the changes! It's a bit overwhelming at the moment.

Cheers

Have you got the House of Wolves content too?

Assuming not, then the main change will be a vendor called Eris who gives you the Dark Below missions. There is also a new raid on the moon, but that raid gear gets you to 32, and that is the vendor level now.

So, assuming you've got the marks, buy vendor gear and play through the Dark Below missions. The Crota raid is not as good as VoG, but it is certainly worth playing through a few times.

Other changes are that crucible rewards are better (more marks per game, much higher chance of weapon drops). Exotics can be upgraded to max with Exotic Shards (bought from Xur or obtained by sharding an exotic).

If you have House of Wolves, there are new story missions (which are actually quite good), a new "arena" mode called Prison of elders (level 28, 32, 34 or 35) and a weekly 3v3 competition called Trials of Osiris. I think you can still go to the Reef (new social space) even if you don't have PoE.

The new cap is 34 and you get there by buying PoE gear (bought with currency got from PoE level 32) or by using "Etheric light" (got randomly from nightfall or from PoE 34 or 35) to upgrade any old armour to 34.

So, upgrade your exotic helm with an exotic shard (shard a duplicate exotic or wait for xur) and buy level 32 gear from vendors.

Had some great fun in trials last night with mooselizer and limubai - to set the scene, we had just lost to this team 5-0 and I had backed out of matchmaking to make sure we didn't get them again. We somehow managed to anyway and were promptly down 4 nil again.

http://youtu.be/SzyOGp2m_Yk

What I've taken from re-watching it is that I'm a liability with lightening grenades! I manage to zone myself and almost suicide from them 3 or 4 times! We were all buzzing at the end of that match - I'd love to know what the other team were saying after they had just won 9 rounds straight against us.

Those games were absolutely nerve-shredding, was shaking by the end.

The nerves obviously got the better of me as I then proceeded to get exactly zero kills in the next game. Shameful.

I have so much to learn about PvP but I reckon I have a flawless in me.

We got 5 wins for the chest piece which is my best trials result so far. Feels like I'm getting better at it slowly.

http://youtu.be/p8CB8U7mrX8

The answer is "pretty badly!", especially when you see some people 1 swording him solo on YouTube. I did loads of things wrong and it shows that Crota normal is pretty forgiving (although I got lucky not being chopped where I was constantly greedy going for 4 hits with no chance of them landing). Before anyone mentions it - yeah I should have swapped to ice breaker for the ogres... It took forever to kill them with a primary and heavy synth not being up. The 3 shards at the end is all I deserved for that but still happy to have achieved it.

Soloing Crota is on my to do list once I knock out the platinum. I don't think it matters how you do it, or how well you think you've done, there's not many folk capable of cracking it solo.

Very well done!

http://youtu.be/p8CB8U7mrX8

Awesome. Well done.

I winced at those 4th hits. And the time where you took his shield down (to go for a second set of hrs on that sword) and you jumped just as the sword disappeared.

My aim is to put together a no glitch full Crota raid. I've tried to non-cheese solo the Bridge, but the plate timing is hard and the Swordbearer can piss off and hide which is a pain.

Have you got the House of Wolves content too?

Assuming not, then the main change will be a vendor called Eris who gives you the Dark Below missions. There is also a new raid on the moon, but that raid gear gets you to 32, and that is the vendor level now.

So, assuming you've got the marks, buy vendor gear and play through the Dark Below missions. The Crota raid is not as good as VoG, but it is certainly worth playing through a few times.

Other changes are that crucible rewards are better (more marks per game, much higher chance of weapon drops). Exotics can be upgraded to max with Exotic Shards (bought from Xur or obtained by sharding an exotic).

If you have House of Wolves, there are new story missions (which are actually quite good), a new "arena" mode called Prison of elders (level 28, 32, 34 or 35) and a weekly 3v3 competition called Trials of Osiris. I think you can still go to the Reef (new social space) even if you don't have PoE.

The new cap is 34 and you get there by buying PoE gear (bought with currency got from PoE level 32) or by using "Etheric light" (got randomly from nightfall or from PoE 34 or 35) to upgrade any old armour to 34.

So, upgrade your exotic helm with an exotic shard (shard a duplicate exotic or wait for xur) and buy level 32 gear from vendors.

Cheers Soi very helpful.

It has to be said that DestinyLFG is a fantastic site. I've used it several times now for various activities and all the players i've met have been friendly, chatty, sporting, and most importantly; competent.

Great option to have if your regular friends are all 'played out', or you're just Billy-No-Mates. lol! ;)

Recommended.