IGNORED

Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Right guys, missed the invites earlier, is anyone interested in an impromptu VoG run? I'd really like to take my friend through to get her at least one raid weapon, shes been playing for months but is a bit shy about joining a raid. please let me know :)

Man what a great night raiding.

Vault of Glass followed by a normal Crota. Really brilliant fun.

"Aye, I'll try sword on my Warlock, never done it before , used to doing it with my Hunter though."

"Rockets" - Chop Chop Chop - attempts blink strike :doh:

Still managed it though 8-)

Man what a great night raiding.

Vault of Glass followed by a normal Crota. Really brilliant fun.

"Aye, I'll try sword on my Warlock, never done it before , used to doing it with my Hunter though."

"Rockets" - Chop Chop Chop - attempts blink strike :doh:

Still managed it though 8-)

Aye, was a cracking evening of raiding, have missed it for sure. Thanks to everyone who turned up, was a lot of fun :)

Conversely, I get on too late again and end up trying to run my Crota with a bunch of LFG cretins who couldn't organise a prayer in a kibbutz.

Another night, another Crota checkpoint unused.

Got my Titan to lvl 15 though. Forgotten how tense the strikes were when you were using pea shooters and rubber bands to shoot with. Phogoth was actually fun for a change.

I'm probably the most casual player on here who has been in from the start, I'd say now is the right time to jump in on Destiny tho. There is enough extra stuff from the DLC expansions that it feels proper meaty at last and you'll have plenty of different things to shoot at and with. Enjoy whats there and then, hopefully, enjoy how they flip the enemies around with The Taken King. That's my gaming plan for the foreseeable...

Thanks, man. Bought it last night and just getting started. Spent forever on the bloody character creation screen, as is my way.

It's all a bit overwhelming to be honest, but I guess I'll figure things out in time.

My vault is full up (admittedly with under levelled stuff) I really need to delete some gear but how do you guys handle it? I'll always want an icebreaker on each character but with the app it's easy to swap gear, do you just keep one of your beloved items or just keep the best levelled version?

Well I did it. Deleted my lvl 32 Titan so I can role a Hunter and have one of all three. Goodbye fair damsel, you got me to 30 and ran the vault like a true hero!

I deleted my second Hunter last week. Only took me four days to make a fresh Titan and get him to Lv34. ^_^

Pre-warning: the campaign feels incredibly grindsome due to shit weapons* and high HP strike bosses etc, and i swore i'd never put myself through that again. BUT! Crack addiction prevailed, and i've already made a Warlock and blitzed through the story in the past two days. lol! Gotta have one of each class now there are more tasty Supers to play with.

*If you have a maxed out Stranger's Rifle in your Vault, you'll find it invaluable for Mars and end-game grind. The damage is so OP for a Lv16 weapon.

When I was levelling my main I kept a smattering of good low level weapons for when I wanted to do my alts. It made things so much easier, any blues are generally good for a load of levels. This helps no one here of course.

Stranger's Rifle is indeed really, really good. You won't need anything else till you hit 20. Hell, I still have mine.

Thanks, man. Bought it last night and just getting started. Spent forever on the bloody character creation screen, as is my way.It's all a bit overwhelming to be honest, but I guess I'll figure things out in time.

Try not to take it all in at once, you don't need to worry about most things until you've played through the story and hit lvl20. Also try not to be put off by how long it takes to get the bosses health down, they are right buggers at the start but you'll appreciate how far you've come later on...tip I found useful was grouping bounties together to speed things up although that was back in the days when you had half the slots you have now.

Thanks, man. Bought it last night and just getting started. Spent forever on the bloody character creation screen, as is my way.

It's all a bit overwhelming to be honest, but I guess I'll figure things out in time.

I've just started a warlock and am on all afternoon so pop be a friend request and join anytime mate

After doing a VoG and thinking you got jack the postmaster welcomes you with this:

ZdtTvyX.png

Atheons Epilogue and a Fatebringer... God bless full inventory surprises

I had that the other day, 2 guns in the vault from a hard VOG and I got so exited but guess what - both duplicates :( I love Vision and Revenge but I have plenty of them thanks!

I did get an etheric light from a nightfall last night, first non shared thing in months it seems like!

Stranger's Rifle is indeed really, really good. You won't need anything else till you hit 20. Hell, I still have mine.

Three guesses which weapon I decided to leave equipped when I deleted the character...

My vault is full up (admittedly with under levelled stuff) I really need to delete some gear but how do you guys handle it? I'll always want an icebreaker on each character but with the app it's easy to swap gear, do you just keep one of your beloved items or just keep the best levelled version?

Since I got my third Ice Breaker from Crota the other night, I will have 1 IB and 1 Gjal for each character, and maybe 1 Fatebringer each now I have 3 :wub: , and 3 Corrective Measures so 1 each...I think thats about it, the rest will be single and shared between them.

That's very nice indeed, actually. If AR's get buffed again that could be a beast in Crucible.

It's been 24 hours of firsts for me - my first VoG completion last night (finally :D), which lead to my first Fatebringer (and Atheon's Epilogue), and then a normal Crota run got me my first Swordbreaker, as well as the Crota Warlock raid chest. Not a bad haul for a (great) nights work. (Thanks again chaps - looking forward to next time already. :) )

This morning I started my first Titan, just because I'm that close to the Platinum now that I figure I might as well level one to get the last of the (sub)class trophies before I mop up the last few others I need (capture some points in Salvage, find a few more Ghosts, finish a Strike with fellow Renegades). I figure if there's any game I should Platinum it's this one, considering the amount of time I've invested in it!

The story does feel dry as anything now though. Playing through in co-op with Muz earlier helped, but I think it's going to be a side project for a little while now - I'll try and level up to 20 as soon as possible, then switch over a few of the better guns (or decent ones that need a bit of levelling) from my Warlock and try and level it with bounties and Crucible as quickly as possible. Then I can back to being a one character man asap - playing as a Warlock is still my Destiny. :P