Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Did they change the Nothing Manacles? I thought they were the void Warlock gauntlets that gave you a shield when hitting something with void light.

EDIT: Nevermind, found the answer :( Still love the main perk, double tracking scatter grenade sounds fantastic but unless you have the increased grenade throw distance perk on all your characters, it takes some adjustment.

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

The perk unfortunately isn't that good. I've survived being followed and hit by them so that tells you everything you need to know about their effectiveness! :D

I've got the Alpha Lupi. If you have a Helm of Saint-14, you'd never use it. But the perk is noticeable.

As usual im going to be contrary, its the only thing a Titan should be sporting this season in Trials. I tend to use Helm of Inmost Light or Ruin Wings in PvE, Saint 14 is pretty much only for high level content when I need the added safety of a bubble, anything else, patrol, strike playlist etc is not challenging or dangerous enough to warrent sporting Saint 14. Plus striker is just more fun, hulk smash, lightning grenades, shoulder charge.

Well, that's the 34 cleared in just over 50mins. Only wiped once (first round of the mines) and breezed through everything else. I died at the same time as the last boss but Kartharian and the 3rd member survived, which is more than the boss can say after getting close to 30 jellyhorn rockets shot at him.

Rewards are utter guff though and I hope killing the guy on the 35 feels a Hell of a lot less anti-climatic than the 34 felt.

Yeah, the etheric light is the main reward from the 34. The weapon core is a joke considering the weapon is a fusion rifle I'll never use.

Gonna use a weapon core and armour core most likely next week to see if I can get an actually useful piece of armour, because Strength is oh so useful :hmm:

Yeah, the third guy used his AC and the WC we got and took a chance on the package. Got a helm for his Warlock. Helm looks quite good but it's missing the three eyes from the thumbnail :(

Also he said it was a pure discipline (I think) which messed his stats up so he doubts he'll be using it much.

Bearing in mind I no longer have any (old) weapons/armour that need upgrading, is it worth just going to the Speaker and getting rid of all my Shards/Energy for Motes? At least then I can get the Exotic Shards and/or any fun new stuff from Xur..

Anyone managed to get Khepri's Sting on their hunter? Tempted to gamble on the arm engrams for it.

It has:

primary weapon loader - All primaries have increased reload speed

Invigoration - Reduces melee cooldown each time you pick up and orb or light

Touch of Venom - Gain invisibility after crouching in place for a short time. Melee attacking an enemy from behind while invisible delivers 4x the damage.

Touch of Venom would be pretty nice as a Gunslinger if that perk works exactly the same as the Bladedancer one, for obvious reasons. Primary weapon loader is also pretty nice if, like me, you cant seem to find a decent pair of gauntlets with hand cannon reload speed on.

Yeah, the etheric light is the main reward from the 34. The weapon core is a joke considering the weapon is a fusion rifle I'll never use.

Gonna use a weapon core and armour core most likely next week to see if I can get an actually useful piece of armour, because Strength is oh so useful :hmm:

:lol:

#bitter

Yeah, well strength is kind of useless in pve. Just glad I have helms with full on intellect otherwise my super would probably never charge. Although I have to use that Skull of Dire Ahamkara as a Sunsinger :lol::facepalm:

Played this again for the first time in six months. The new story missions are pretty meh but the PoE seems more fun than Crotas raid was at first glance.

I like the fact they finally have a way to save progress on exotic and legendary items when upgrading them with the use of shards and energy but I'm still fucked off that some of my exotic weapons I 'upgraded' after the first level increase have wasted an exotic shard and I still need to grind the XP and materials again to get them to 365. I should have simply not bothered to login for 7 months and I could have upgraded them to 365 damage instantly for the same exotic shard without the grind.

Might play now and again as the combat is still aces but even with two expansions the game still feels pretty light on content. Do people still run VoG or Crota anymore?

I was well rusty as not done Crota for months. Got him down eventually though, and with only 2 swords, so no ogres.

We only need the one titan anyway, dont we?

Yeah, we did it last night with only the one Titan. Used Blessing of Light rather than Weapons, and still killed him so I guess Gjallerhorn does get no benefit from Weapons of Light.

Which one? Did it have decent perks, and which element was it?

It was Chain of Orbiks-Fel. My role has Counterbalance, Extended Mag, Hammer Forged, Fitted Stock and the Shank Burn perks. It's also void elemental.

As usual im going to be contrary, its the only thing a Titan should be sporting this season in Trials. I tend to use Helm of Inmost Light or Ruin Wings in PvE, Saint 14 is pretty much only for high level content when I need the added safety of a bubble, anything else, patrol, strike playlist etc is not challenging or dangerous enough to warrent sporting Saint 14. Plus striker is just more fun, hulk smash, lightning grenades, shoulder charge.

Mike only does high level PvE content! That's why he never levels up any of his drops afterwards.

As for PoE not being all about DPS (I know it wasn't you who said it, it was Lyrical, but I'm too lazy to go back and quote everyone) - well, technically, that's right. There are some 'raid-like' (or raid-lite) mechanics. But I was thinking more about the bosses. And this is pretty much how everyone advises you beat the lvl 34 and 35 ones:

Well, that's the 34 cleared in just over 50mins. Only wiped once (first round of the mines) and breezed through everything else. I died at the same time as the last boss but Kartharian and the 3rd member survived, which is more than the boss can say after getting close to 30 jellyhorn rockets shot at him.

Rewards are utter guff though and I hope killing the guy on the 35 feels a Hell of a lot less anti-climatic than the 34 felt.

I mean, that's it, isn't it? Bubble up straight off the bat and fire as many rockets as possible to kill the bosses before the adds or mines or whatever even spawn, because no-one wants to go through the actual mechanics of the boss fights. I just think - know - there's a lot more to it than that in VoG (or even Crota), which is what the earlier poster was asking about. But anyway, whatever floats your boat.

Played this again for the first time in six months. The new story missions are pretty meh but the PoE seems more fun than Crotas raid was at first glance.

I like the fact they finally have a way to save progress on exotic and legendary items when upgrading them with the use of shards and energy but I'm still fucked off that some of my exotic weapons I 'upgraded' after the first level increase have wasted an exotic shard and I still need to grind the XP and materials again to get them to 365. I should have simply not bothered to login for 7 months and I could have upgraded them to 365 damage instantly for the same exotic shard without the grind.

Might play now and again as the combat is still aces but even with two expansions the game still feels pretty light on content. Do people still run VoG or Crota anymore?

I'd be happy to run either with you, but especially VoG. I'd like some of my old teammates who haven't got stuff like Fatebringer, or a Gjallarhorn, to maximise their chances of getting them, but it's hard to get six of us together at the moment because a lot of them seem in the process of giving up on the game, or just popping on for brief spells to get a Core from PoE so as not to be left out of levelling in case it comes in handy later. So if you're about, shoot me a PM or PSN message if you fancy raiding and I'll see who else is on. (Though I expect you'll not need to do that, as in general there are quite a few online these days doing PoE or whatever.)

Fair enough, its pretty fun smashing the shit out of the Nexus strike in 6 minutes though. Only doing raids and nightfalls with the same subclass, perks and items sounds pretty repetitive too me, I like using different perks, subclasses and builds, trying new things out. Killing Atheon with death from above is cool. Too each their own.

I'm still fucked off that some of my exotic weapons I 'upgraded' after the first level increase have wasted an exotic shard and I still need to grind the XP and materials again to get them to 365. I should have simply not bothered to login for 7 months and I could have upgraded them to 365 damage instantly for the same exotic shard without the grind.

This is something that bugs me generally about Destiny. I love the general mechanics but dont like that Bungie keep introducing then removing upgrade routes and materials.

I generally accept the grind and that getting there is half the fun but at the same time being handed a 331 damage weapon post HoW having spent months upgrading an original Last Word to 300 feels a bit cheap.

Seems like HoW makes Ascendant Shards/ Energies redundant and the games now moving towards Motes of Light as its main currency, I just hope that settles down a bit and that Comet doesn't chuck some new upgrade at you.

Seems a bit as though any new players buying the inevitable GOTY edition will be playing a radically different metagame than early adopters.

Is this generally how other MMO-type games do expansions?