Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Well, you know, some people get lucky, and others roll nine exotic helmet engrams and get none of the new helmets at all.

I guess what I'm saying is, he owes me a helmet. Karmically speaking.

I've never heard of what's her face in the Reef handing out Etheric Light, mind. He must be especially lucky, given that by not doing any level 34 or 35 PoEs or any PvP he must have got 4 Etheric Lights from Nightfalls and what's her face in the Reef within a couple of days of the DLC dropping. No wonder he thinks it's trivially easy to hit 34 - it'd be easy to do anything if you were that fortunate.

Anyone got thoughts on Ill Will? It drops in Crucible, has ridiculous impact and decent range, but a slow rate of fire and incredibly slow reload and stability. I've had 2 so far, and tempted to re-roll one to see if I can get braced frame and something that allows it to reload faster.

hqdefault.jpg

Anyone got thoughts on Ill Will? It drops in Crucible, has ridiculous impact and decent range, but a slow rate of fire and incredibly slow reload and stability. I've had 2 so far, and tempted to re-roll one to see if I can get braced frame and something that allows it to reload faster.

hqdefault.jpg

Outlaw and hand cannon reload gauntlets.

The rate of fire makes it rubbish for PVP though. It's basically Timur's Lash.

Yeah, just tried it in Crucible. 3 shot kill, but its so slow you die before getting the shots off. Oh well, mote of light at least. I wish I could get the shotgun or machine gun from Crucible, the stability and impact on the machine gun is insane, even though its only got 43 or so in the magazine.

Hmm, still no treasure keys and much farming has been done - I did just get this at the end of another no key level 28 PoE run (I'm on vita hence the deaths....)

11312936_10153275034906970_8756013040528

I may stop complaining but then still no keys.....

I didn't know you could get exotics from just finishing lvl 28 PoE! That's tomorrow sorted then ;)

Finally nailed that dick head robot on 34, mainly thanks to Mood and his magic pretzels (in his mouth).

Got a shit rocket launcher for opening the big boy chest. I guess a go at 35 is next up at some point over the weekend. Saving a spare key just in case.

Tried 34 Qodron and failed every time with 2 34's and a 33. The dude that your supposed to kill just spawns too random, and we couldn't get the buff before the detainment bubbles came up.

Rest of the run was tough but doable, but that last boss just seems too random. The only reliable way I can see to kill him is the weapons of light and Gjallarhorn his ass.

As you may have guessed Capp, Marmite and myself managed to take down Oodron as a 34, 34, 33 respectively. I cannot see how you can do it normally. As Ben says, the eye guy just seems to random. He needs to be much clearly, a target mark or similar over his head. Plus the odds stacked against you with sniper hobgoblins being the real issue.

Horn method with bubbles seems the easier way. With three 34s you could piss it, but with me bringing the damage down it was still tough. We never do things easily, but we finally managed it with two of us dead.

I stand by it being a terrible boss encounter, I do wonder how much testing they have actually done on these encounters on higher levels, having trickle on as well is just a kick in the teeth. Still, dinged 34 so I can just concentrate on levelling up 4th Horseman now. With the speed reload perk and the weapon reloader perk on the Kell gauntlets I have a funny feeling it is one of the best PvE shotguns in the game.

Yeah it didn't help that one of us does not have a Gjallarhorn either, so we couldnt even try the "easy" method :(

Edit: just did a solo run to see how long I could last, and I lived a lot longer on my own, killing that mob reliably (probably just lucky) and getting out of the detainment fields while trying to fire a few rockets at the boss as well as my primary. I got killed at the end by a hobgoblin sneaking up behind me after I got hit by a lucky blast from the boss.

I reckon I coulda solo'd it had it not been for that hobgoblin ;)

I'd be up for another crack at him tomorrow sometime if anyone else fancies it. Probably best to run it with a full fireteam of 34's or 2 34's and Moodmon :P

Right - Treasure Keys.

We had the exotic bounty pop after finishing level 35 tonight, which needs to be taken to Variks. You choose one of 3 weapons then the next stage pops up, which requires you to open the big chest after an Arena challenge.

I took another one for the team and opened the chest before we went back to the Reef anyway - 2 motes and 2 strange coins. So it's probably not really worth farming those keys.

Apparently the bounty can pop and be completed at level 34 too.

For the Qodron fight my group found it much easier to head to the right hand side immediately after spawn. There's a good amount of cover from Qodron's attacks and Qodron's Eye seems to spawn from the door behind the main stage so he doesn't get too lost.
You've just got to be careful of the goblins and hobgoblins that occasionally appear out of the door in that area every now and again.

If you go to the left he always spawns out of the door just to the left of you around the corner, but when we did it as 3 people he sometimes just didn't spawn, other times he would die, and another would appear directly after. I have no idea why this happens, other than maybe killing him too quickly perhaps?

When I ran it on my own he kept spawning, but I had to kill him or else I'd have died. I've also noticed ammo to be a problem on the fight, as the mobs dont seem to drop a lot of it, although it may be due to having to hide so much or else your going to be sniped.

Hmm, still no treasure keys and much farming has been done - I did just get this at the end of another no key level 28 PoE run (I'm on vita hence the deaths....)

I'm assuming you're doing the Petra stuff too - I got another key today from finishing the patrol stuff. But then I guess I am Mr RNG :P

I have done a lot of Wolves and now i have so much shitty Special Weapon ammo that it is taking up most of my slots and I have to stop every five mins to use up one. You should be able to delete ANY thing you own.

Stupid that you can't.

Yeah, that needs to be fixed. Why doesn't it stack?! It has to be a bug. Also, why is it always special ammo? Some heavy would be much more welcome.

Just to clarify, with the queens bounties. You just do all six and then hand them in? I've done them all on every character 2 weeks running now and got bugger all.

Yeah it didn't help that one of us does not have a Gjallarhorn either, so we couldnt even try the "easy" method :(

Edit: just did a solo run to see how long I could last, and I lived a lot longer on my own, killing that mob reliably (probably just lucky) and getting out of the detainment fields while trying to fire a few rockets at the boss as well as my primary. I got killed at the end by a hobgoblin sneaking up behind me after I got hit by a lucky blast from the boss.

I reckon I coulda solo'd it had it not been for that hobgoblin ;)

I'd be up for another crack at him tomorrow sometime if anyone else fancies it. Probably best to run it with a full fireteam of 34's or 2 34's and Moodmon :P

Me if you have a slot, 34 titan and a gjally as well mind.