Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Me and Marmite are looking for one more for some PoE action at about 8pm. Probably 32/34 depending on the mood. Any takers?

I'd be up for it but won't be on till around half past.

Need one more for the boss on level 34 PoE. Ideally a level 34 character as I dont think we will do it otherwise. It will say you cant join but join our party and we can get you in by dying and letting the level load again. :)

Good luck Marmite and Dave. Qodron can suck my dick, what a terrible piece of fucking game design. That thing is near impossible with three 33s. The randomness of the gimmick, and the shear odds stacked against you (oh so enemies can fire at youthrough the the shield? Sounds fair).

Oh, and having spent over two hours on it and needing to go to bed I have to do the entire thing again as no checkpoints. There are no checkpoints because fuck Bungie.

Why yes, I am bitter.

Heh, annoyingly we just managed a run with two of us able to stay in the match for a lot longer, clearing most of the adds. Mainly thanks to Dave being a 34 and using a shotgun on the shields. Possible with two 33's and a 34 I reckon. Massively annoying mechanic though, feels quite awkward and a bit cheap.

Good luck Marmite and Dave. Qodron can suck my dick, what a terrible piece of fucking game design. That thing is near impossible with three 33s. The randomness of the gimmick, and the shear odds stacked against you (oh so enemies can fire at youthrough the the shield? Sounds fair).

Oh, and having spent over two hours on it and needing to go to bed I have to do the entire thing again as no checkpoints. There are no checkpoints because fuck Bungie.

Why yes, I am bitter.

Funny thing mate... we had another go just us two and it felt doable. Shotgun on the shields, all down in 4 shots. Ads thinned out too. We just needed an extra body to do damage to Qodron. But yeah, it's a 34 level for sure.

Funny thing mate... we had another go just us two and it felt doable. Shotgun on the shields, all down in 4 shots. Ads thinned out too. We just needed an extra body to do damage to Qodron. But yeah, it's a 34 level for sure.

Are any of you titans? We spent about 10 mins getting our asses handed to us and then popped a bubble right near the entrance with blessings of light... All three of us walked in and out of the bubble while firing gjallarhorn at him and he went down before the first round of shields. Literally took less than 30 seconds as my shield was still up while he died.

We were two 34's and a 33 though my bro (a 34) had only just unlocked Wolf pack rounds so you don't need everything maxed to do it.

Are any of you titans? We spent about 10 mins getting our asses handed to us and then popped a bubble right near the entrance with blessings of light... All three of us walked in and out of the bubble while firing gjallarhorn at him and he went down before the first round of shields. Literally took less than 30 seconds as my shield was still up while he died.

We were two 34's and a 33 though my bro (a 34) had only just unlocked Wolf pack rounds so you don't need everything maxed to do it.

It's massively fun. I was not expecting PoE to be this good tbh. The quick round set up with varied modifiers makes for something real unique in terms of changing up gameplay and keeping things fast pace. I also really like the reward system in the end. Seems like for people that already have a lot of weapons, getting the chance to upgrade one of those to max level (guaranteed) is much better than the nightfall set-up of going through all the hassle to get a repeat exotic or a legendary you don't really want. Better to get a chance to upgrade further a legendary you already really like using. I am impressed with this. EDIT: Maybe a bit weird that there's a giant chest there you can hardly ever open. But I guess that's the idea.

We had two 33's. Hopefully try again tonight from 9.30.

The GF is out this evening so I have a free pass and I'll be on for PoE with my newly minted 34 Titan if you are a player short. Actually, I'd like to do the 32 lvl PoE as well so if anyone at all is looking to team up, help out billy no mates here!

You definitely need at least 2x 34's for the Gjallarhorn method. We tried it and as all 33's we barely got him to halfway. I then switched to my 34 Hunter and he had about 1/4 health left.

Just one jump in level makes all the difference.

Is there a definitive answer on whether to upgrade Suros Regime or not? After some googling, the way I've read it seems to be:

Crucible/PvP: Upgrades result in a longer time to kill (~1.4 seconds, versus ~1 second), therefore don't upgrade.

Raiding/Strikes/PvE: Upgrades result in more damage per mag, plus chance to heal yourself, therefore upgrade.

Is that about right? One dropped from the Crota raid last night, and from what I've read, I'm already wishing I had 2 :lol:

Just one jump in level makes all the difference.

I was 33 in our run and felt like I was doing almost no damage to yellow bar enemies. At some point I just started to focus on other minions and getting revives in with my self-res and the quick revive helmet, so I could make it easier for the level 34s to kill captains and the boss. I think it will be much more fun now that I am the correct level for it.

Is there a definitive answer on whether to upgrade Suros Regime or not? After some googling, the way I've read it seems to be:

Crucible/PvP: Upgrades result in a longer time to kill (~1.4 seconds, versus ~1 second), therefore don't upgrade.

Raiding/Strikes/PvE: Upgrades result in more damage per mag, plus chance to heal yourself, therefore upgrade.

Is that about right? One dropped from the Crota raid last night, and from what I've read, I'm already wishing I had 2 :lol:

The high impact ARs took the worst of the damage nerf a few months ago, the way to use it in PvP is empty half the mag so its straight into the bonus damage rounds and fire it like a scout rifle by feathering the trigger instead of going full auto, its TTK is drastically reduced using this method.

Bobby, that would make a lovely post in the Destiny online folder with a little bit extra explaining The Trials of Osiris mode.

If you are happy to do great, if not I will do once I have completed the Raid guides.

I'm relieved that ToO is a weekend only event as I felt pretty close to having a heart attack on several occasions.

I managed to go 7-3 after a lot of failed attempts but a few things that helped me:

1. Quick Revive armour for downed team mates.

2. Rush the other team on the Heavy ammo round if you have a super ready.

3. Invective with regenerating ammo and auto fire.

4. Communication is key!

Great post Bobby. We got royally rogered on our attempt but I did enjoy the more tactical and tense nature over the run and gun crucible stuff I've played in the past.

I will be giving it another go but not until I put some upgrade time into my ignored exotic hand cannons. I'm working on the Invective bounty at the moment and I'm clearly too underpowered to be there.