Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Have to say, I've enjoyed Urrox less each time I've done it. The jumping mechanic for the boss is just... well, stupid really. It doesn't feel satisfying like piling back into the middle after taking down Oracles and putting the shield up to assault Atheon, or grabbing hold of the sword while the music swells like at the end of Crota. They feel kind of heroic and uplifting. Jumping up and down on the spot and banging your head against the ceiling to make your feet stop burning doesn't feel heroic. It just feels stupid, like you're an idiot, like it's a chore given to a fool as a punishment - something that you want to get over with quickly. I hope next week's final round is better.

If you have a Titan available with an armour of light bubble it makes life a lot easier. We were constantly creating orbs for each other too, which helps Sunsinger for self res.

I've not done the 34 yet but after reading all your comments I can honestly say what little confidence I did have I've now lost and in no way looking forward to it but hell you never know I may get lucky probably won't but you never know.

Mood and myself 2-manned level 32 PoE last night. We were largely untroubled until the Final Boss. Warned him prior, however as level 32 and 33 Titans it took some solid team work generating orbs for each other with our bubbles and we got the job done... After I told demanded Mood to stop fucking around with other exotics and equip Gjallarhorn. Went down like a sack of spuds afterwards.

If you have a Titan available with an armour of light bubble it makes life a lot easier. We were constantly creating orbs for each other too, which helps Sunsinger for self res.

Aye, though we used Blessings on our three completions and that seemed to work fine when it was up. First time we didn't go to the trouble of creating many orbs to feed the bubble, yet ironically I think that was our quickest run. It's not the 'difficulty' so much that's put me off it, it's just that what you're actually doing in that section isn't much fun - it was better the first time due to its novelty, but by the third time through it had got old real fast. I don't think it's the sort of thing we'll get massively faster at either, unlike, say, Crota, where something that took hours first time round you ended up knocking out in less than 30 mins without cheese (I'll be very happy if I'm proven wrong on that). The mines sections can be painful too, depending on how they fall.

But the main thing is that it simply didn't feel like a lot of fun after it'd been completed a couple of times; unlike VoG, it's not something I could see myself ever wanting to return to after we've scooped all the rewards from it. I suspect when we're all 34 - which will be soon - and have ascended a few key guns - because there doesn't look much, if anything, that drops from PvE that's better or more interesting than what we've already got from months ago once it's levelled up - we'll not be playing it again. Except maybe to run the Nightfall 3* a week. And VoG for those who still don't have Fatebringer or just for the crack, and maybe HM Crota every once in a while. That's if we can get a raid group together again, as half our regulars seemed so unimpressed after their first Urrox completion that they may have left the game for good, in favour of something they enjoy doing more.

Not me though, as I can be spectacularly bloody-minded. But that's all that carried me through the second and third 34s really; not a sense of wonder, or fun, or satisfaction.

Aye, though we used Blessings on our three completions and that seemed to work fine when it was up. First time we didn't go to the trouble of creating many orbs to feed the bubble, yet ironically I think that was our quickest run. It's not the 'difficulty' so much that's put me off it, it's just that what you're actually doing in that section isn't much fun - it was better the first time due to its novelty, but by the third time through it had got old real fast. I don't think it's the sort of thing we'll get massively faster at either, unlike, say, Crota, where something that took hours first time round you ended up knocking out in less than 30 mins without cheese (I'll be very happy if I'm proven wrong on that). The mines sections can be painful too, depending on how they fall.

But the main thing is that it simply didn't feel like a lot of fun after it'd been completed a couple of times; unlike VoG, it's not something I could see myself ever wanting to return to after we've scooped all the rewards from it. I suspect when we're all 34 - which will be soon - and have ascended a few key guns - because there doesn't look much, if anything, that drops from PvE that's better or more interesting than what we've already got from months ago once it's levelled up - we'll not be playing it again. Except maybe to run the Nightfall 3* a week. And VoG for those who still don't have Fatebringer or just for the crack, and maybe HM Crota every once in a while. That's if we can get a raid group together again, as half our regulars seemed so unimpressed after their first Urrox completion that they may have left the game for good, in favour of something they enjoy doing more.

Not me though, as I can be spectacularly bloody-minded. But that's all that carried me through the second and third 34s really; not a sense of wonder, or fun, or satisfaction.

Time to ascend to the level 35 PoE challenge then Gorf :) It's not as bad as you might think (well reset is today, last weeks was ok).

@DChampX - Glad you and Mood mate it. Felt bad not joining but I get such limited time to game these days I was keen to try a new activity before the reset. I'm actually home alone tonight though as the wife and kid are away so would be up for forming a 3-man team and blasting through nightfall and PoE on various levels. :)

I might be around to join you in that Marmite.

I'm a bit gutted I only had time to run the 34 PoE once last week so I've still not got a character to 34. The less said about ToO the better. I really have no idea how some of you guys are getting through it with the score lines that you are, I would consider myself pretty good at PvP and every time I've been in we've had our arses handed to us. If it's doing any kind of match making (doubtful) then I reckon its on time played and not skill level.

@DChampX - Glad you and Mood mate it. Felt bad not joining but I get such limited time to game these days I was keen to try a new activity before the reset. I'm actually home alone tonight though as the wife and kid are away so would be up for forming a 3-man team and blasting through nightfall and PoE on various levels. :)

hey marmite got your team on trials yesterday, betrayed the forum for my 5th ticket win.Then paid the price as we lost 2 straight after that. My mates had the favour and I didn't so they all made 34 and I didn't. Lovely.

I might be around to join you in that Marmite.

I'm a bit gutted I only had time to run the 34 PoE once last week so I've still not got a character to 34. The less said about ToO the better. I really have no idea how some of you guys are getting through it with the score lines that you are, I would consider myself pretty good at PvP and every time I've been in we've had our arses handed to us. If it's doing any kind of match making (doubtful) then I reckon its on time played and not skill level.

I don't think the matchmaking is relevant to play time or skill level, i'm pretty sure I read something about it matchmaking to players more local to you though to assist with lag.

It's all about team work and communication, using simple tactics like denying the other team revives, being smart with supers and on heavy ammo round.

Mood and myself 2-manned level 32 PoE last night. We were largely untroubled until the Final Boss. Warned him prior, however as level 32 and 33 Titans it took some solid team work generating orbs for each other with our bubbles and we got the job done... After I told demanded Mood to stop fucking around with other exotics and equip Gjallarhorn. Went down like a sack of spuds afterwards.

Sorry I didn't accept the invite but see above the outcome of that. I nearly threw the PS4 out the window.

hey marmite got your team on trials yesterday, betrayed the forum for my 5th ticket win.Then paid the price as we lost 2 straight after that. My mates had the favour and I didn't so they all made 34 and I didn't. Lovely.

Ha, yeah you were with Kunjer right? We got tired of you guys sniping us from a distance but couldn't seem to do loads about it! I made one awesome move in that game to take the control point in overtime when outnumbered, but that was about it - we had a pretty deflating run as a team and never really got going truth be told.

PvP is an odd one on this. I guess all the good players are on trials because in all the other game modes I was doing pretty well.

Looking forward to some more prison of elders tonight instead. Refusing to use a second character anymore as I just don't want to commit the time, so hopefully I will start actually getting some armour drops for my class!

Ah, so Hesitating Sunsinger was one of 'them' from last night eh? *scribbles name down on shitlist* ;)

I thoroughly enjoyed ToO on my hunter. I've hated the two ToO I've done on my titan with a passion. I need to have a good think about it but I feel there is something I could learn from these experiences..

Ha, yeah you were with Kunjer right? We got tired of you guys sniping us from a distance but couldn't seem to do loads about it! I made one awesome move in that game to take the control point in overtime when outnumbered, but that was about it - we had a pretty deflating run as a team and never really got going truth be told.

PvP is an odd one on this. I guess all the good players are on trials because in all the other game modes I was doing pretty well.

Well in my defense I don't use a sniper (on account of not being able to aim) so I was on shotgun duty. I was using thorn though so apologies for that. Lol Funny cause I was yelling at them to stop the sniping saying 'they aready know that tactic let's change up' and they said 'nope, this is working fine,shut the fuck up Oz'.

The gametype is the most intense and fun thing you can do in this game but I do feel it is nearly always horrible to do because unless you are getting to 9 wins (which will not happen often) you are always heading back to the reef after a loss, so it always feels like a defeat no matter how well you've done. Bungie have gotten so much of the shooting right and so much of the reward RPG systems on this game so wrong.

Yes we saw I now hate you guys just dumb luck we'd get our own clan

Yes we saw I now hate you guys just dumb luck we'd get our own clan

Hate's a strong word. Let's be friends again chaps! Our game connections are really good (to have been matchmade on Trials) so we are probably neighbors too! Let's forgive and forget.

A thank you note to all the fans who battled the weekend for the level 42 ToO chest. Now everyone gets one!

Yup, only upside it's full strength stat roll again so if you got Intellect / discipline from ToO then you are better off.

Maybe next weekend I'll not leave my first foray into Trials of Osiris til the Monday night when everyones been on it all weekend. Jesus did we get fucked hard!

On a more positive note, we decided to give Hard Mode Crota a bash since we had a few 33's and a boss checkpoint, that went well:

I now have 4 Gjallarhorns.

Level 32 PoE is same as last week 34 Urrox Grudge, every round every modifier

Level 34 is Vex central,

R1 Vex/Catapult, R2 Vex/Void Burn, R3 Fallen/Brawler, R4 Vex/Small Arms, R5 Vex/Trickle (No Burn on Boss !)

Level 35 appears to be exact same.

Yip new one where guardian melee damage is increased, a bit like lightswitch for us.

What's the point of having that and lightswitch on the same nightfall. Fucking hell.