Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Fixed

Beat me too it. Don't reroll it, the reload is still fairly snappy and its not worth losing the hidden hand + Zen moment combo along with being range capped. Get some hand cannon reload speed arms instead.

Just had an awful ToO. Had a 34 Warlock with a half levelled Bad Juju pretty much single handedly win the 5 rounds on his own. He was shrugging off Thorn, Hawkmoon and me Mythoclasting him and doing us with no trouble. I'm sure us getting sloppy due to frustration wasn't helping but I don't think I'll be sad to see the back of Mercury.

Most gutted because it put everyone in a bad mood and a nice afternoon of Destiny has been cut short because of it :( I guess to moral of the story is if you don't really feel you can PvP on a character you're not sure about, don't do it!

I understand why they don't have matchmaking for the raids (it would be a clusterfuck) and so I wasn't too bothered with Prison of Elders not having it either. Having played it though, I've changed my mind. I've done all of them without comms without too much bother & there's no reason it shouldn't be an option considering it's only 3-man Fireteams & really doesn't require all that much strategy.

Managed to get 9 wins on the Trials of Osiris today. Unfortunately my mates and I were just playing for fun so didn't take the "first loss is cancelled" perk. We finished 9-1 :(
It does mean that I'm level 34 now and have some new guns to play with though :)
I have the ToO auto rifle and pulse rifle.
Next stop, VoG. Fatebringer shall be mine!

Right, I appear to have a bit of a problem. Been trying to get myself some PoE 32 action all week. Either not been on with others, everyone doing 34s or babies waking up at inopportune moments. Try and go on LFG, and PSN has seemingly lost the ability to search for friends.

So to save me getting a week behind people does anyone fancy helping a punchbro/guardian out? Will likely be on for rest of evening, but likely need to finish by 10 or so.

We got a hunter from lfg, and rinsed 34 PoE pretty easily considering. Shame you couldn't be there Gorf. We did get a few teleports, but it seems to be down to standing still, or being in a corner of the map which the game then thinks is the same as camping for some reason :unsure:

Seems a hunter is well handy due to disarming mines and reviving people when shit hits the fan.

Right, I appear to have a bit of a problem. Been trying to get myself some PoE 32 action all week. Either not been on with others, everyone doing 34s or babies waking up at inopportune moments. Try and go on LFG, and PSN has seemingly lost the ability to search for friends.

So to save me getting a week behind people does anyone fancy helping a punchbro/guardian out? Will likely be on for rest of evening, but likely need to finish by 10 or so.

Mate I'll help out if you need another. Already run it but I don't mind assisting. Will be on from 9pm ish. Just watching a movie with the Mrs.

Anybody interested in a level 34 prison of elders starting about 7.30?

I could come on my Titan. A hunter would be good if you can get one, as the Cabal sections are a right pain, even with one going invis to dismantle the mines and reviving people.

Anyone for Trials? Im on now and fancy going for the full passage tonight.

Not usually a PVP player on this but have been back in today and holding my own. That being said, ideally would be looking for two more at level 33 or above, preferably a bit handy in this setting!

So that 'triple ascended Gjallarhorn>Titan bubble>heavy synth' Skolas strategy doesn't work if you're a 360 peasant, because the menu doesn't load quick enough to pop the synth before you get stomped to death. Had to give up after about 3 hours of trying it. Quite how you're expected to do it otherwise I have no idea. What with one-shot scorch cannons, an army of solar-weaponed adds all up your ass, a rotating insta-death poison debuff & defusing mines scattered over the arena, it's an absolute fucking nightmare. Fuck off Bungie.

(I'll try again next weekend).

Very stressfull 34 done, first bit of etheric light secured. Not using it until I know what the fallen geezer is selling tomorrow.

Thanks to ben and gorf for dragging me through the final level.

You did really well at the mines stuff, given that it was your first time through and you don't usually play a sneaky bladedancer character. It's a shit of a level that is (or both of them are) when it doesn't fall right. I really like playing as a bladedancer and it stressed me out enough earlier in the day when I did it.

Have to say, I've enjoyed Urrox less each time I've done it. The jumping mechanic for the boss is just... well, stupid really. It doesn't feel satisfying like piling back into the middle after taking down Oracles and putting the shield up to assault Atheon, or grabbing hold of the sword while the music swells like at the end of Crota. They feel kind of heroic and uplifting. Jumping up and down on the spot and banging your head against the ceiling to make your feet stop burning doesn't feel heroic. It just feels stupid, like you're an idiot, like it's a chore given to a fool as a punishment - something that you want to get over with quickly. I hope next week's final round is better.

Yeah, it was fun the first time, but its got a bit silly now. When we ran the 32 just now it was nice to actually relax and muck about while doing it without any stress. I actually started to get a headache just before we started doing the 32 as well, no doubt brought on by the 2x 34's I ran today. Fortunately some painkillers sorted it before we started.

Not looking forward to the lvl 35 version to be honest.

N00b question, if I want to get my level up (31 on T&H, 30 on W) whats the quickest way now, ascending an exotic piece? buy a bit of vanguard armor?

Edit: Nevermind found a guide

Also in all the excitement I completely forgot to do any Nightfalls this week :(

Yeah, it was fun the first time, but its got a bit silly now. When we ran the 32 just now it was nice to actually relax and muck about while doing it without any stress. I actually started to get a headache just before we started doing the 32 as well, no doubt brought on by the 2x 34's I ran today. Fortunately some painkillers sorted it before we started.

Not looking forward to the lvl 35 version to be honest.

We failed on our 32 attempt, it was just way too late to start.