Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I was just logging in when Harsin invited me to raid, which is partly why I didn't join you and Mood (the other part being Suchuu was in your team when I went to join). So there we are, all set to go, and we're all wondering who this american guy is in our team and in our party chat. Turns out he'd never done the raid before, had no concept of "wiping", and was just generally a bit of a moron.

Toward the end of the raid I'd got over the annoyance, for the most part. Though there was one stint with the sword (I was the sword guy) where I didn't have the chalice, because he kept fucking taking it.

The thing was, everyone in the rest of the team was wondering who the hell this guy was, and who invited him. So Gerry Helmet said he wanted to do the Nightfall, Spatular and I also fancied it, then Buby (that was his tag, buby2078 or something) piped up saying he wanted to do the Nightfall. Spatular said "er ... I think we've got enough". By this time I'd had enough, I set up my own party and invited Gerry and Spat. Gerry was setting up a game when, who joins his fireteam? Buby! Turns out he was a random on Gerry's friends list.

Gerry had to boot him and set his fireteam to invite only. :lol:

Thing is, now that I've read that back, I kinda feel sorry for the guy. There he probably was, thinking he'd made some cool new british friends, and we all ditched him. But he was an epic muppet! We had to repeatedly tell him "YES, do that!" "NO! don't do that". Ha, I just remembered, we were wiping right before the second chest. I stayed alive and he was stood there on the edge, asking if he should die as well. I just ran up and pushed him off. :lol:

But other than that, the raid was done pretty quickly. I got new gloves, and a new chestpiece, both of which I sharded as they had strength in their stats. I converted all shards to energy and am now only one upgrade away from fully levelling Word of Crota (liking it more now, actually, the high rate of fire, stability, and range are all good), and two away from fully levelling Abyss Defiant. :)

:lol: he came into our group as well, sounded like he was getting a haircut?! Next time you see him, ask if he got the number one or two.

I'VE FINALLY FINISHED A RAID! :D

Also, I started tonight with one sniper rifle (Ice Breaker) and one rocket launcher (Dragon's Breath), both of which are Exotic. This is a bit of a pain, especially when I'm also so very fond of Thorn. (First world problems, I know.) I also had no arc weapon at all besides (half of) my semi-levelled Murmur.

Like I said to someone during one of the activities tonight, I had been considering buying the Vanguard vendor version of LDR 5001, just so I'd have an alternate sniper rifle, as well as something viable that does arc damage...

Then tonight happened. Tonight I:

- got Oversoul Edict from Crota's End. It's a legendary raid pulse rifle that fires full auto, does arc damage (!) and fires through the Wall of Darkness that Hive Knights put up.

- got Light of the Abyss, the legendary raid fusion rifle (that also does arc damage) with a really good charge rate.

- got Voidfang Vestments from the Nightfall. I already have (and wear) these, but hey, free exotic shard!

- got a blue engram from doing the weekly, which turned out to be a version of LDR 5001 that does void damage and has rodeo, field scout and firefly as perks.

So yes, tonight I finished a raid for the first time ever, and then got three really good legendary weapons and some exotic armour.

It was a very good night. :D

That sparrow looks utter rubbish compared to Timebreaker though, and has the same abilities. I'd rather Timebreaker.

I got the helm on my warlock too, so now I can actually get to 32 (shards willing).

Oh both Banjaxed and myself got No Land Beyond from Crota on normal. I think Bungie have so many of those guns that they're having to throw them at people now.

Got the MIDA multi tool last night from the death singer in Crota. :D finally a reasonable drop! Is it good for pvp?

Have a read of this: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2lxanz/btier_my_ass_some_mida_multitool_crucible_damage/

I love scout rifles & had been hankering after it & then it miraculously dropped for me in the Crucible the other day. I'm sure the third-eye & agility perks could be put to good use but I prefer hand cannons (well, Thorn...) & autos in PvP so haven't tried it out there yet. So-so range & impact but made up for imo by the high RoF & almost instant reload & increase in movement speed it gives you. I've had a lot of fun levelling it up.

Nightfall gave me 11 Strange Coins. :(

But Crota gave me a second Ice Breaker, a second Abyss Defiant and a Song of Ir Yut, along with sufficient shards that I can get to 32 using either my Armamentarium or one of my two exotic helms. So I'm quite happy about that overall.

My alt, when I start it, will already have access to a Thorn, an Ice Breaker, Praedyth's Revenge and Abyss Defiant, which is pretty good. And enough armour to more or less get straight to 31.

Ran out of space for the first time! Maybe it's time to can those Queens Bounty guns...which mean as soon as I do, the event will restart and you will be able to re-roll them with amazing stats and purple status and they will be become the super rarest guns in the game.

I'VE FINALLY FINISHED A RAID! :D

Also, I started tonight with one sniper rifle (Ice Breaker) and one rocket launcher (Dragon's Breath), both of which are Exotic. This is a bit of a pain, especially when I'm also so very fond of Thorn. (First world problems, I know.) I also had no arc weapon at all besides (half of) my semi-levelled Murmur.

Like I said to someone during one of the activities tonight, I had been considering buying the Vanguard vendor version of LDR 5001, just so I'd have an alternate sniper rifle, as well as something viable that does arc damage...

Then tonight happened. Tonight I:

- got Oversoul Edict from Crota's End. It's a legendary raid pulse rifle that fires full auto, does arc damage (!) and fires through the Wall of Darkness that Hive Knights put up.

- got Light of the Abyss, the legendary raid fusion rifle (that also does arc damage) with a really good charge rate.

- got Voidfang Vestments from the Nightfall. I already have (and wear) these, but hey, free exotic shard!

- got a blue engram from doing the weekly, which turned out to be a version of LDR 5001 that does void damage and has rodeo, field scout and firefly as perks.

So yes, tonight I finished a raid for the first time ever, and then got three really good legendary weapons and some exotic armour.

It was a very good night. :D

Was a very productive evening indeed... Hopefully some of your luck can come my way soon! Got 5 black hammers now!

Will pop you an invite when we are on later mate

Turns out he'd never done the raid before, had no concept of "wiping", and was just generally a bit of a moron.

Toward the end of the raid I'd got over the annoyance, for the most part. Though there was one stint with the sword (I was the sword guy) where I didn't have the chalice, because he kept fucking taking it.

But he was an epic muppet! We had to repeatedly tell him "YES, do that!" "NO! don't do that". Ha, I just remembered, we were wiping right before the second chest. I stayed alive and he was stood there on the edge, asking if he should die as well. I just ran up and pushed him off. :lol:

This is why I've never raided - that and I have no friends...

Was a very productive evening indeed... Hopefully some of your luck can come my way soon! Got 5 black hammers now!

Will pop you an invite when we are on later mate

I'm now probably the only person on here who actually wouldn't mind too much just getting materials, what with a couple of raid weapons (and the gauntlets I got weeks ago) to level and near enough nothing to do it with.

Really I suppose I still want the rest of the weapons and raid armour more now though... and last night has made me greedy!

And cool, yeah, I'd be up for more. I'll be online one way or another for a big chunk of the night, so if I'm playing something else just invite me anyway and I'll switch games asap.

I'd be up for a hard Crota run.

All the times I've done Crota and the only weapon I've got in that time is the terrible fusion rifle. Meanwhile I could open a stall on The Tower with all the duplicate armour I've accumulated. I thought there was supposed to be a smarter loot drop system!

Set up a noob raid. Count me in as long as it's not late night. I'm sure there must be a few more here that have fuck all raid experience.

I'd be up for a n00b raid. I've finished VoG once and it was the most fun i've had with Destiny. It's really great even when playing with people who have done the raid before, you kinda need a couple people with experience to get through it.

It took us 4 & 1/2 hrs to finish. That's with 4 n00b players and 2 pros who knew exactly what to do. VoG raid is really great fun.

Got the Crux of Crota last night, just need a Hust of the Pit to drop first. I really need to read up on whether it's worth it or not. The one weapon I do want, Word of Crota, is refusing to drop and I have a terrible feeling it'll end up like Vision of Confluence and it'll never appear. Ach well, at least I've got plenty of other guns to choose from :)