Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I got Up For Anything, an auto rifle which I bought four days ago and don't like. This one has worse perks. Thanks Bungie! I'd have preferred socks.

Ha, yes - I got the exact same thing. One for the shard [sic] bin.

Denim, do the Will of Crota strike on heroic, and pop both a Hive and a Fallen glimmer pack on the first main building when they all go crazy attacking you and each other. Die at the end of that section and repeat it. That's probably the fastest way to make lots of money - if you're in a team, that is, where it takes a lot less time to kill everything.

So logged back in tonight after a month. Really good to be back, moving house and no broadband sucks.

I have literally 59 glimmer. What's the easiest way to get some cash. I have lots if mats to upgrade gear but no cash to afford it :-(

Exclusion zone on mars (first mission). Choose any heroic difficulty (18 is fine)... Use a resupply code from your items (if you don't have one you'll get loads doing this)... Open the door where all the cabal spawn, kill all the yellows, leave one (important as otherwise it'll start the next checkpoint). When one or two red health ones are left let them kill you or suicide with a rocket and repeat.

I usually run past the first group to spawn the second ship, take out the yellows, die and repeat

Edit: or what gorf said

Nightfall - ascendant energy and that's yer lot. Hopefully I'll do it on my other character later in the week and get a proper weapon drop (Gjallarhorn, Gjallarhorn, Gjallarhorn). Good game though, and totally cheese-free - thanks, Van and Poet.

My raid group attempted Crota's end last night. It did not go well. We stormed through the first section and then hit a brick wall. We know what to do for the Gatekeeper section but a combination of lack of firepower, low(ish) skill and some easily frustrated players meant that we ended up cheesing it just to see the next section.
We know what to do for the Deathsinger part too now but it seems that we just suck at it.

I managed to take down one Wizard and Shrieker solo whilst my team, on two separate occasions, failed to split up and then all wiped without taking down the other Wizard and Shrieker. The rest of the time we just ran around like headless chickens due to a lack of communication and tiredness

We gave up in the end as it was getting too late. Maybe we'll fair better another day. I just want Blackhammer!

I may try to convince my group to attempt VoG on hard instead. We know how that raid works and we've yet to complete it on hard anyway.

Regarding Suros ... I don't see what the fuss is about. When I first got it I thought it was going to be a beast ... but it, nnnaaahhh. I don't get on with it.

I love the stagger effect on the Suros. Don't like any of the new Dark Below auto rifles, shame you can't purchase the pre DLC auto rifles any more.

I got the Badger CCL scout rifle. One of the perks is instant reload once I get it levelled up. Another is precision damage makes enemies explode.

Cheers Bungie, I've finally got a reason to play more Destiny. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Regarding Suros ... I don't see what the fuss is about. When I first got it I thought it was going to be a beast ... but it, nnnaaahhh. I don't get on with it.

Suros was once godly, it has been nerfed IIRC 3 times now, two times was directly to the gun itself and once was the generic auto rifle range decrease.

It once occupied my primary weapon slot solely, even when I had Ice Breaker. Now it takes up another space in my vault. It's still a great gun but i'd rather use other exotics now.

I'm still up for a Crota kill on my warlock if anyone is available. Or is it too late now and everyone's done the raid for the week? :unsure:

Edit: nevermind, major thanks to Baz - Black Hammer get!! :D

No probs mate :) Glad you got what you were looking for, I love Black Hammer, wouldn't be without mine now.

Moz, cheers for that short but sweet run on Crota with the boys. We had such a blast. We are still stuck at that same point! Tried it with 5 last night but just could not do it...

You on today? I'm around pretty much all day mate

Last night I got a Payback SOS from the "present", an LDR 5001 from a slightly comical Nightfall run with PeteBrant, and a Coiled Hiss from levelling up the Vanguard (by doing the Nightfall).

The Payback looked vaguely interesting for about 3 seconds, before I compared it to my levelled For The People. Binned.

The LDR was exciting for a second, but the perks weren't that interesting, and seeing as it only has one more round in the mag than my Efrideet's Spear (which is great apart from the mag size) and was a slo a Solar weapon... Binned.

That's the second Vanguard level in a row I've had the Coiled Hiss from. I don't like Pulse Rifles. Binned.

When did I get so picky, jaded and ungrateful?!

Also, when will we know what Xur has this week? I've actually got some Strange Coins for a change, and a couple of holes in my arsenal that need filling.*

* matron.

Mine are basically all Solar, which is fitting/irritating bearing in mind that I'm a Sunsinger (generally even in PvP these days). The only Arc weapon I have is (half of) Murmur, and the only Void weapon I have is Against All Odds. This can be a bit tricky at times.

I got devil you don't too, was hoping for that or a void sniper so I'm pleased really.

Got almost 200 space bucks so as soon as I get a commendation from the vanguard I can buy a nice purple sniper anyway.

Haha.

'No pressure moz, only 5 people watching you'

*falls down hole*

Lol!

Even though I wanted us to finish the section, after that happened to me... I loved watching you do the same. Oh hang on I have radiance!

*Goes straight back down the same hole*

Quality

We've discussed this in a few Raids now, but Eris is a truly terrible Guardian.

- Her fireteam couldn't actually manage to beat the Raid, despite it having more cheeses than Cathedral City.

- One of them didn't even manage to get past that moonbase with the big saucer. What a couple of Level 6 Dregs were too much for them?

- He may have been the big thinker of the group, since she thinks tactics like punching a Cursed Thrall in the face and shoulder charging Wizards are the keys to success

- Apparently she spent years dossing around the Hellmouth after her team wiped instead of, erm, just going back to orbit

- Despite all this it looks like she managed to blag a Raid ship. But closer inspection reveals its just tied in place with a flimsy piece of string and doesn't move depite it appearing that the thrusters are on full blast. We concluded that it's actually an elboarte helium filled balloon.

That robot who has spent 4 months cleaning the same spot by the Hall of Guardians would probably be more effective than her.

Our team has been struggling to finish off Crota, which seems boil down to not enough tracking rockets. Which seems a bit shit. Anyone have any good guidance/advice on how to kill the bugger. We've got the basics. One sniper to take on knights in the one tower, sword bearer calls when we have to fire, we call when shield down. Just doesn't seem to be working. As mentioned, I've got nothing with tracking so I normally just spam icebreaker shots. The slightest Crota movement seems to make the dumb rockets miss. It is really frustrating when we are pretty much there, but not all the way.

Christ, we even tried the net disconnect trick which seemed to do absolutely nothing.

I dunno if anyone wants another go tonight, but if not I've got a checkpoint at Crota himself if anyone wants to get some loot? I've got a poor level 30 who needs to go through as well Jerec if you want a hand Friday.

How about using Machine Guns instead? It's pretty straightforward. The trick is less about doing max damage quickly, and much more about hitting him consistently every time. A mix of levelled machine guns and a couple of snipers might be more effective than rockets that miss.

How about using Machine Guns instead? It's pretty straightforward. The trick is less about doing max damage quickly, and much more about hitting him consistently every time. A mix of levelled machine guns and a couple of snipers might be more effective than rockets that miss.

Good point. It is so frustrating as the sword guy to jump knowing you've timed it "right", only to see Crota do a nifty side step causing a rocket to miss... Thump goes Crota's sword and we wipe again....