Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I feel bad now that I'm level 31 and haven't completed either Raid (what with not starting playing (again) in earnest until December)...

Is there anything people think Rocket Launchers are essential for? I already have a 331 Void Machine Gun I'm slightly in love with in that slot, and am beginning to think that bearing in mind the rest of my loadout For The People, TFWPKY 1969, Murmur, Invective, Efrideet's Spear (a powerful sniper, but only three in the clip) and Against All Odds) I might actually be better getting a Scout Rifle (which I miss having one of, and gives me a decent alternative for when I run out of Sniper ammo, as kept happening to me on the Hard VoG run we were doing on Monday), or even a new Sniper with a larger mag.

I'm not too far off having 150 Vanguard marks again, so I'm currently considering the vendor versions of Another NITC, Badger CCL, and maybe even LDR 5001 (in that order, partially because Badger would give me yet another thing that needs Helium Filaments to upgrade).

Obviously I'm going to wait and see what Xur has this week too, but anyone got any insight or suggestions for me?

Can't believe that's how close you are, you must be sitting on a stock pile of energy too haha.

Yeah, plus a surplus HoC. I may even sack off the fusion rifle too.. I'm halfway through level 3 with Eris, so hopefully I'll be ready by next week. I've got legs, chest and arms for everyone now too (surprise!)

I feel bad now that I'm level 31 and haven't completed either Raid (what with not starting playing (again) in earnest until December)...

Is there anything people think Rocket Launchers are essential for? I already have a 331 Void Machine Gun I'm slightly in love with in that slot, and am beginning to think that bearing in mind the rest of my loadout For The People, TFWPKY 1969, Murmur, Invective, Efrideet's Spear (a powerful sniper, but only three in the clip) and Against All Odds) I might actually be better getting a Scout Rifle (which I miss having one of, and gives me a decent alternative for when I run out of Sniper ammo, as kept happening to me on the Hard VoG run we were doing on Monday), or even a new Sniper with a larger mag.

I'm not too far off having 150 Vanguard marks again, so I'm currently considering the vendor versions of Another NITC, Badger CCL, and maybe even LDR 5001 (in that order, partially because Badger would give me yet another thing that needs Helium Filaments to upgrade).

Obviously I'm going to wait and see what Xur has this week too, but anyone got any insight or suggestions for me?

Want to run through VoG on normal tomorrow night starting at 8:30? We have a group of 5 (see the thread in the online folder).

Awesome mate :) out of interest, how did you manage to get that 1xp you were missing without a bounty to hand in?

I'd forgotten to do the bounty for ten hive kills with grenades under the influence of radiance, that finally tipped me over the edge. Only I could've hit 3999, never the easy path :)

Yeah, plus a surplus HoC. I may even sack off the fusion rifle too.. I'm halfway through level 3 with Eris, so hopefully I'll be ready by next week. I've got legs, chest and arms for everyone now too (surprise!)

RNG was amazing to me this time around too, I had all the armour I needed for all 3 classes after the second raid with each one, so that was week 2. The only piece of raid armour i'm missing is the Titan Helmet and tbh it's the one piece I really want so I can use Ruin Wings at 32.

The grind for shards is real though, I have enough energy to transfer to shards to get my hunter to rank 32 and like yourself close to rank 4 with Eris.

My warlock will probably have to wait another 2 weeks for me to accumulate more shards / energy. I have stopped leveling all weapons from the raid which makes me sad as I want Song Of Ir Yut to 331.

I'd forgotten to do the bounty for ten hive kills with grenades under the influence of radiance, that finally tipped me over the edge. Only I could've hit 3999, never the easy path :)

Yip :lol: , I can't even imagine how I will feel if this happens to me tomorrow as i'm quite close to rank 4.

Want to run through VoG on normal tomorrow night starting at 8:30? We have a group of 5 (see the thread in the online folder).

I do want to, yes, and have nearly replied in the thread a couple of times, but I may be being roped into playing indoor cricket (!) tomorrow at 8. Assuming I'm not doing that (and I'm hoping I'm not) then I'd love to, so pencil me in maybe?

Man, you guys are putting me to shame. Just hit the max for Rare equipment (24) so now working out the best way to start getting Legendaries. Thinking a faction cloak mixed with plenty of Strikes and Crucible should do the trick.

ROC playlist (Lvl 26) has dropped me a shit tonne of cool shit for me in recent weeks. Almost one excotic per extended play (few hours) and a stack of legendary engrams too. Although a lot if the gear has been for other classes tbh.

Why, out of interest? From reading up on it, pulling the network cable and everyone quitting/joining must take longer than just killing him normally?

The second part is the bridge. Run to back room on top of crate then 2 minutes sniping is waaay way quicker than the legit method.

Got Crota earlier with Harsin, Spatular, Wavy, MattKB, and another dude (don't think he's on here) who was doing it for the first time and did very well. Was my first go at being the Swordbearer, twice we got him down to a slither of health, then it all went pair shaped for a few goes, but we got him in the end! not bad for my first go at the sword. :)

My rewards thoughout the raid? Replacement gloves which I will keep as they offer Intellect and Discipline, Chest Armour with full strength (sharded straight away!) a load of shards, and for killing Crota? Universal fucking Remote. :seanr: I want the sodding helmet!!

I had Crota drop the helmet for my warlock last night on the second of the raids I did with Uncle Mike. I thought the Hunter helmet looked great (it does), but the Warlock one's a close contender for Helmet of the Year:

Crota%20Warlock%20helmet.jpg

It also makes the Crota Warlock chest look great, which I think looks too ostentatiously gothy with anything else.

I sympathise with those struggling with Crota - it's hard to get the timing down right to start off with, especially when team personnel changes. It took us over 4 hours to nail Crota first time (just the Crota section), but after a bit (lot?) of hard work you get the timing and rhythm down so it becomes almost routine in the end. Last night we did the whole raid in 39 mins, then did it again in about the same amount of time with alts. (They went on to do it another one-and-a-bit times after that, but I had to drop out due to real world issues.) Of course, it helps speed things up now that we have a lvl 32 sword guy.

Not a brag, btw - just saying that you really should persist in not pulling the plug, as that's the only way you'll get good at it: by playing it properly. Once you find your optimum damage method and timings it really does become quite an enjoyable romp, if a lot shorter and less intricate/interesting than VoG, forever likely to be the king of raids imo (and the sooner they fix the rewards in that - obv when it goes to lvl 31 - the better).

My Hunter's also 32 now after I finally got Eris to level 4 just before the raid and bankrupted myself converting all those energies to shards. That's using the new Exotic arms instead of the raid arms though - the Don't Touch Me gauntlets do spoil the overall look of the raid set, but after trying them in Crota last night I can't see me ever switching back to the raid arms. That invisibility perk is just far too good to omit, especially in the first section (but also handy for the rest), even if the aesthetics themselves are pants compared to the raid arms - I reckon Bungie must have had bets on how many people would be willing to ruin the cool character look for the sake of obtaining an almost game-breakingly OP armour piece (my guess is 90%). It's like they're daring you to wear a shell suit on top of your finely crafted Italian silk shirt or something. But it's a shell suit that gives you superpowers, so you do, oh yes you do.

The second part is the bridge. Run to back room on top of crate then 2 minutes sniping is waaay way quicker than the legit method.

Is it? I genuinely have no idea. We get across the bridge pretty quickly and easily the "proper" way, plus we're having (I'd suggest) more fun. And I'd guess you all need Ice Breakers or tons of synths?

My Hunter's also 32 now after I finally got Eris to level 4 just before the raid and bankrupted myself converting all those energies to shards. That's using the new Exotic arms instead of the raid arms though - the Don't Touch Me does spoil the overall look of the raid set, but after trying them in Crota last night I can't see me ever switching back to the raid arms. That invisibility perk is just far too good to omit, especially in the first section (but also handy for the rest), even if the aesthetics themselves are pants compared to the raid arms - I reckon Bungie must have had bets on how many people would be willing to ruin the cool character look for the sake of obtaining an almost game-breakingly OP armour piece (my guess is 90%). It's like they're daring you to wear a shell suit on top of your finely crafted Italian silk shirt or something. But it's a shell suit that gives you superpowers, so you do, oh yes you do.

This is making me regret leveling my raid gauntlets now, I actually got the hunter helm last night from crota, thought about using the new helmet but proceeded to use my shards on them.

I have the Don't Touch Me exoics too but I thought that 4th golden gunshot was too handy from my symbiote. Oh well maybe in time I will swap up my gear.

Is it? I genuinely have no idea. We get across the bridge pretty quickly and easily the "proper" way, plus we're having (I'd suggest) more fun. And I'd guess you all need Ice Breakers or tons of synths?

Most definitely but like u say, the proper way is easy, simple and hardly too time consuming.

Why, out of interest? From reading up on it, pulling the network cable and everyone quitting/joining must take longer than just killing him normally?

We tried him legit for quite a while and then due to mistakes/quite a few glitches we all ran out of heavy ammo synths which meant timing was all over the place with only primary/secondary fire. Then when a few needed to call it a night we decided to glitch it and had him dead a few minutes later.

Whilst I agree that it is a really fun raid to do legitimately, it is a shame there are so many exploits which genuinely save time... I really hope hard raid takes a while to crack and the rewards are really good... meaning smart loot works for all of us and not just Lyrical ;)

I have the Don't Touch Me exoics too but I thought that 4th golden gunshot was too handy from my symbiote. Oh well maybe in time I will swap up my gear.

Yeah, you should definitely put shards/convert energies into the DTMs as a matter of priority, I reckon. All that close-quarters melee in Crota makes you super-hard to kill. If your health is full before the blow, not even a full-on Knight sword blow will one-shot you and you'll be invisible right after. Combine it with invisibility on Blink, on the R2 Bladedancer super, and the usual crouching invisibility, and you're basically taking the piss out of most of the enemies in the raid. It really is massively OP, and makes the Hunter by far the best class for Crota.

I wonder if they'll deliberately OP another class for the next raid to switch it around - maybe they're encouraging people to have a character of each class. Because I can't imagine that Bungie didn't know what they were doing for Hunters by releasing DTMs just after Crota. I guess this is that class's signature raid, being blade-based and semi-stealthy and all, so I reckon they might align gameplay and exotic kit to another class's specialities for the next one.

If soloing it you may need a few synths, sure; but not for a full group. It's ridiculously easy. As for the team I was in cheesing that part last night - I actually suggested not cheesing it as we had someone new who hadn't done the raid before. Others wanted to cheese it, so we did. I've done it properly a good few times, and agree that is good fun. However...

I disagree. If things go wrong and you have to wipe, then it can get tiresome, especially with people who aren't sure what they're doing.

You were there that first time we killed Crota - that section taking 4 hours - so you'll know how we struggled, and how much ammo we went through. But you'll also know that we did get there in the end, the most massive relief/satisfaction imaginable, which is the whole point of the raid. And obviously, like us, you'll find it almost routine now in an experienced group.

But my point is that everyone struggles, and it does get tiring, until you learn to do it properly. So if you never overcome that barrier due to going for the exploit after an hour or so (or even less) of failing at the last boss, you'll never be any good at it. I just don't see the point of that really. We did once cheese the bridge bit just to see how it worked, by dying/sniping across the chasm (though I'd argue that this is far less an 'exploit' than pulling the plug on the PS4), but haven't done it since. Last week we took a couple of first-timers through it, sent them over and they both died on their gatekeepers, but the third guy just went out and killed all three GKs with his sword to clear up. Just as effective and far more satisfying than cheesing them though it because they were inexperienced. And they actually learn the ropes properly, so you end up with more, better players to form teams.

Anyway, I'm not bothered how people choose to do stuff really. It's not some moral/ethical issue. But it does affect who you end up playing with, as it's simply more fun to do Crota without resorting to network shenanigans. (I'm not anywhere near as bothered by sniping cheeses and the like - that's just using a gameplay mechanic - but the plug-pulling feels more like not even really playing the game, just deliberately breaking the game code. More importantly, it's just no fun.)

Actually, it's about ethics in Destiny raids.

Totally agree, though. Last night I got a text from a friend asking if I could jump in on my Warlock and cheese the bridge for him and his group and I might never speak to him again. That's the best bit of the whole raid imo, a lovely bit of design (even if it is aeons old) and really quite simple once you get your head round it. I don't even know how to cheese it.

I reserve the right to change my mind when Hard mode drops, though.

I kind of understand why people hang back and snipe the Oracle section (or, I guess, the Templar) in Hard mode Vault of Glass. It's a hard battle, even at lvl 31, and it takes a while and the penalty for one person dying might well be a total team wipe. I don't do it myself, but I don't really think less of someone else for doing it. Particularly, I guess, if you're trying to run it multiple times a week with your alts.

Having said that, I ran it through 'properly' on Normal a heap of times, and on Hard mode as well, taking the skills I'd learnt in Normal and getting better again. When the lvl 31 VoG comes up, I can do that again. I look forward to it.

And it's the same with Crota, I think, only more so. More so simply because it's so much shorter and less of a slog once you've got it down. Doing that when it's a 33 raid, and the max you can get to is 32 will be interesting. Doing it now at lvl 30 - when the participants are all 31/32 - it's a fun manageable challenge even doing it normally.

You misunderstand. We cheesed the Bridge/Gatekeeper section.

We didn't cheese Crota himself. I nailed that bastard with my sword good and proper. :)

After the host left right?

Haha kidding dude. I'm all for doing it legit, it way more fun, having 3 runs done in an hour and a half feels pretty empty. Followed by 6 speed runs of valus taruc was enough destiny for me yesterday. If that ghallahorn never dropped I'd prov have not been back on this week.

I'm still needing to do my VoG and Crota runs since the reset, not to mention my NF and Weeklies.

Looks like tonight is sorted then...

I still need to do NF. Tried to solo it and ended up getting battered by a phalanx shield through a crate just as I had the boss down to a sliver of health. I spent a ridiculous amount of time chipping away at him.... all for nowt!