Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Cheers for double raids tonight, and to Ben and moodmon for the nightfall earlier today, and last but not least gerry helmet for the weekly. Was a beast of a session, so nice to have two characters to take through now. I got Truth from nightfall and Badger CCL was waiting from the postmaster :)

I've been on a team that's killed Crota 4 times this week already. 3 times on a full raid, once from the Crota checkpoint. Started the first raid at 9pm. Not bad going! No cheeses or exploits. And not chewed through many synths either. Maybe 3 Heavy and one Special.

But no time for Nightfall or Weekly or Daily. Or Bounties. Oh well. And I'm not running an alt like everyone else in my team, so only one set of loot. And I got shit loot. :(

But I do like the Crota raid. I like that it's 30-40 mins of fun, whereas VoG (which I still think is a cleverer raid) is still a 1.5 hour challenge on Hard.

I could really use a Crota kill on my warlock if anyone has a space.

I wouldn't mind doing the whole raid again even though I've done up to Deathsinger already. Just want a kill on Crota for another chance at the sniper (which the game seems adamant on denying me :()

I've now had 3 pairs of gauntlets and two pairs of boots from the raid, and no chest or helm. So much for the smarter loot. Also a swordbreaker and light of the abyss, but FFS. No 32 for me any time soon.

See I've had 8 pieces of armour across my 3 chars and no duplicates. On VOG I only ever got boots and helm, I believe something has changed.

Just need an ice breaker.

I'm away all weekend but can pack my ps4, is it ma New Year bonus Xur week?

If there are any Wednesday raid groups from 8 ive still got 1 more char to do it on.

Thought what the hell, and spent my shards. Got 15 left, plus about 40 odd energy. Didn't think I'd get the needed amount before getting rank 4 with Eris.

10891786_10152478835020146_1661317150407

Spawn 2 swords at once on Crota for tag team action!!!111

We did that last night, not enough 32's to make it worthwhile though. Plus we (I) fucked it up quite spectacularly :)

Swordbreaker is immense in PVP, Mike. And I should know, as I got killed by a guy with one so many times in one match it was insane. I want one. You should level it up.

This. I upgraded one of mine to do the void kills challenge for the thorn bounty. It wrecks on PVP.

My time as Mr Nightfall Coins came to a welcome end last night when I got a sweet legendary hand cannon I will probably never use.

Sadly my run as Lord Radiant Energy continues. A pile of that, no shards, and a spare pare of wellies. Rubbish. I'm going to have to start raiding with both my characters, aren't I?

I've been doing the public events using the tracker site on Earth and its funny how many times a sword guy will spawn just before an event so you can swing swing swing and chop chop chop through extraction crews or targets. Hacking the legs and brain of a walker could be fun.

Got my Exotic Sniper Patience and Time fully leveled up now along with my upgraded Exotic Symbiotic helmet. Just my arms to finish leveling and I'll be content for a while...maybe...

After a pretty glitchy (sword person getting kicked just as we are about to do the final cycle on crota, crota's health shield health looking like its gone only to magically reappear, swordbearer health not going down after multiple rockets etc) crota run - which we ironically ended up glitching ourselves...I joined a guy from GAF who was doing VoG. Team fills up - 5 level 31's and a level 32. Should be pretty straightforward and I might finally get bastard Fatebringer or Vex.

I joined at the gorgon maze so a bit annoyed I couldn't do the templar but thought i'll carry on and see if the Vex pops up off Atheon. Got to the gatekeeper section and am protecting a gate when the pretorian that comes out is level 27 - so I realise it's a normal run. Even more annoying but thought it shouldn't be more than 10 mins and i'll finish it.

We got a bit lucky with that bit as there were quite a few revives but managed it first time. It's only when we get to atheon, i get teleported, grab the relic and watch these guys do nothing and start asking what is going on that i realise that it's their first run!

About 45 mins later we killed him. I know people say VoG is not exactly irrelevant for exclusive weapons/shards/exotic rolls but it is a real shame that the way things are structured means none of these guys had to complete VoG at all to get to level 31/32. Prior to dlc you knew that a level 30 would have been a raid veteran and I'm sure many level 32's are going to be solid in crota but the 32 last night said he had never completed a crota raid 'properly'. Said he had only cheesed all of the sections and never seen the deathsinger as he alsways joined a crota checkpoint and used disconnect only. Amazing really.

Not sure if im ranting or just making an observation here...

Man, you guys are putting me to shame. Just hit the max for Rare equipment (24) so now working out the best way to start getting Legendaries. Thinking a faction cloak mixed with plenty of Strikes and Crucible should do the trick.

Yes collect the marks & purchase from the vendors in the tower.

If you are lucky you will get some loot drops to help along the way.

Also start doing the weekly strike so you can save up strange coins to purchase an exotic from Xur.

2nd Chest:

I believe you have approximately 60 seconds from shooting the first Shrieker to get inside the door.

does that mean you can shoot all the thrall from outside the room and then shoot the shrieker and thats when the timer starts?

Last night me and my bro were trying to 2 man the whole raid and got stuck at this bit for a while cos of multiple mistakes. Would have been a lot easier if I cleared the thrall first and then shot the first shreiker but I thought the timer started as soon as you spawn the section?