Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I could do with some help on the nightfall later if anyone's around. I tried soloing last night, with predictably hilarious results. Did get about halfway through though thanks to my trusty old ice breaker. Level 30 warlock if that helps.

I need to run through NF, too. I'll try to be on from 530 until 7. PSN: stebbouk

Ideally one more 31 would join us...

Ok now that the spoiler ban has been lifted I need to get me some Crota raid action before all the beans are spilled in this thread.

I'm on PS4 level 31 Titan & a total noob on the Crota Raid.

Is there anyone else who has not done the Crota Raid?

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/283086-ps4-crota-raid-for-noobs/

Apparently having cutscenes you could actually skip in the game is some nigh-insurmountable problem according to Bungie (from a Game Informer interview).

"In a connected world where the computing is distributed it's actually an interesting challenge. How do you actually skip it? Is it a vote system where everybody in the party votes, or is it the fireteam leader? And how is that networked? How do you spawn everybody afterward, and how does the world reinstate itself? And it's just not simple, unfortunately. That's not an excuse - that's just a reality that this is actually kind of complicated. We are definitely looking at it and it definitely sits in the priority bucket, against a bunch of other really important stuff. We're not taking a philosophical stand against it, we're just working on all the things we want to work on."

All those online games with skippable cutscnes I've played that solved the problem years ago were a mirage or sent back from the future Terminator style I guess.

How do you actually skip it? Is it a vote system where everybody in the party votes, or is it the fireteam leader?

Yeah sure, one of those would work fine. Unless you're hiding a shit-ton of loading there's no reason not to just bypass already-watched cutscenes when everyone hits "skip".

Randomly ran into bobbyinternet over the weekend whilst revisiting a few story missions; for the most part I've been playing solo and my player level's still somewhere in the teens, but it was nice to see another mukker and run about the place. :) I've only just bothered signing up to PS+ so I'm still discovering all of the new stuff. :P

Yeah sure, one of those would work fine. Unless you're hiding a shit-ton of loading there's no reason not to just bypass already-watched cutscenes when everyone hits "skip".

I doubt it, as the sections where there's a cutscene in the middle of a level don't seem to be anything out of the ordinary in the game and most of the cutscenes are at the end of levels where you'd normally get booted to oribit anyway. I'm sure we've all felt the pain of forgetting to hold triangle and then having to listen to the Queen's brother wank on for 5 minutes.

Ok now that the spoiler ban has been lifted I need to get me some Crota raid action before all the beans are spilled in this thread.

I'm on PS4 level 31 Titan & a total noob on the Crota Raid.

Is there anyone else who has not done the Crota Raid?

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/283086-ps4-crota-raid-for-noobs/

I'd be up for any raids anytime if anyone will have me. I've done the boss but everything else I've not seen! Also never finished VOG

Lv 31 hunter psn: mikeylrocks

We could have done it at 10, VOG started at 1030.

I still need to do it if you do also, if you see me on tomorrow night chuck me an invite.

I was stuck getting bullied off the road by a gta crew.... BULLIED!!! (I managed to con me some early playtime).

Me and bawwy did it at lunchtime, he used his vita while I went on the playstation. Was very exciting when it lost connection as he ran out to fire his gallahorn.

Randomly ran into bobbyinternet over the weekend whilst revisiting a few story missions; for the most part I've been playing solo and my player level's still somewhere in the teens, but it was nice to see another mukker and run about the place. :) I've only just bothered signing up to PS+ so I'm still discovering all of the new stuff. :P

Good to catch you as well mate :-) I do enjoy it when others just jump into my game or vice versa, knock out dailies or quests or the like, share the experience or help out depending on the situation.

I'd be up for any raids anytime if anyone will have me. I've done the boss but everything else I've not seen! Also never finished VOG

Lv 31 hunter psn: mikeylrocks

Thursday 8pm?

Good to catch you as well mate :-) I do enjoy it when others just jump into my game or vice versa, knock out dailies or quests or the like, share the experience or help out depending on the situation.

I always worry that the player might want to enjoy the experience solo so I've never jumped into anyone's game unless invited.

Thursday 8pm?

I always worry that the player might want to enjoy the experience solo so I've never jumped into anyone's game unless invited.

Ah, maybe playing footie till about 11 Thursday. But I'm always on, grinding away. Jump in/send invite anytime. I have good guns and a shit aim

I need to run through NF, too. I'll try to be on from 530 until 7. PSN: stebbouk

Ideally one more 31 would join us...

Sorry. Dont finish work til 6 then put the kids to bed. Just jumping on now to do the daily, then try nightfall again. Anyone wants to jump on feel free.psn name same as here. (Ps4, BTW)

According to the Nightfall chart, it looks like we'll get Arc Burn on Cerberus Vae (Valus Ta'aurc) tomorrow. Assuming it follows the usual rotation, with inserting the non-PS exclusive strike now and then, that is.

If true I seen this new cheese spot on reddit....