Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Ok after a month of moving, Internet issues and un packing I'm back.

Is there a good summary on all the changes that went in about a month ago?

I know that I can now buy spinmetal and other materials. But what's this about new crystals to upgrade gear and upgrading old exotic?

In short am a bit confused.

What loadout are people clocking in the crucible? I tend to always go for my Suros Regime, a Fusion Rifle and a HMG. Any other opinions?

What loadout are people clocking in the crucible? I tend to always go for my Suros Regime, a Fusion Rifle and a HMG. Any other opinions?

Listen, I saw you volunteered for vault of glass so I didnt even fire Destiny up at 10, I tried to solo it but kicked me into orbit.

We could have done it at 10, VOG started at 1030.

I still need to do it if you do also, if you see me on tomorrow night chuck me an invite.

I've started using Thorn to good effect. The damage over time and piercing is very useful. And then I do best when I use a sniper on the maps where I know how to use one. Firebase Delphi, the other Mars one, Twilight Gap, I'm ok. Not so hot on Rusted Land or Exodus Blue.

Mine varies a fair bit depending on the map but generally I revert to Vision of Confluence, Light/Beware and Truth. Vision of Confluence is the most powerful primary i've tried in PvP, there's almost zero recoil and the auto fire mode is such a nice perk. Truth is just a complete wrecking ball, forget the tracking (that's useless on most maps), the massive blast radius, velocity and proximity detonation mean you can just blind fire it into corridors and people have no chance. Heavy machine gun sprees can be nice, but if you play your rockets well, machine gunners are dead before they get a chance to get going.

We could have done it at 10, VOG started at 1030.

I still need to do it if you do also, if you see me on tomorrow night chuck me an invite.

I've a nightfall or two to do and will be home monday night about 11.30pm if that suits you?

Well if you've got a Suros, you may as well use it. I swap between my Shingen-E, and my A.1F19X-RYL (which has higher impact than my VoC, and also has Third Eye...). Though I've just picked up Hawkmoon, so am going to try that out...

As for secondaries: Murmur is getting a lot of use, but so is my Found Verdict, which has great range and impact and again, the full-auto is useful for trolling people. Prior to Found Verdict, I'd been using Agnes III in Crucible, which is an amazingly good blue shotgun.

For crucible I tend to mix it up depending on which slot I want an exotic in and whether I'm in an auto rifle or hand cannon mood. I've got a Vanquisher VIII with third eye and perfect balance which is very good for crucible (High impact and good rate of fire, probably prefer it to my Suros) and means I can use either a shotgun (4th Horseman or occasionally Invective) or a fusion (Plan C) in the secondary. Hand cannons I go for The Last Word due to the auto fire, I don't struggle with it's range to be honest as I usually play control and find the games fairly close in.

Ok after a month of moving, Internet issues and un packing I'm back.

Is there a good summary on all the changes that went in about a month ago?

I know that I can now buy spinmetal and other materials. But what's this about new crystals to upgrade gear and upgrading old exotic?

In short am a bit confused.

Ok, there is a new vendor Eris. See her to start the DLC story content.

Level 31 is the new level 29, and can be achieved via the new vanguard/crucible vendor gear. So if you have the marks saved, you can buy stuff to replace your old stuff. One snag: helmets, chests and weapons need “commendations” to buy. You get these by leveling the vanguard/crucible to a level past rank 3 (getting another one with each level up). Commendations are swappable between characters.

Eris has a quest that gives arms, but if you have the marks, just buy a full set of new gear, level it (needs shards) and you have a 31. 32 is achieved with 4 pieces of Crota raid gear.

New weapons max out at 331, and there is (I think) a 15% difference between a weapon at 300 and the same one at 331. So your best 300 weapons aren’t useless, but aren't the best anymore.

Exotics (weapons and armour) can be upgraded by Xur for an exotic shard (7 coins) and some glimmer. Upgrading resets the perk upgrades on them. Exotics do not need shards/energy to upgrade, but need one exotic shard. Dismantling an exotic also gives a shard.

So basically, buy new gear and upgrade/buy again the exotics you like. Even if you can’t fit in a whole Crota raid run each week, join me and I’ll invis run you past the first two loot drops (a chest and a drop) for “free” –i.e. no effort from you.

I am looking for a few guys to do VoG on normal (LV 26)

I am level 27. XBone .

Any takers this week?

Get myself (Bleeders) added, can get this done at some point in the week.

Any other Bone players at all?

I could get involved on Bone sometime this week. Lvl 31 w/ fully upgraded Atheons Epilogue & Corrective Measure for killing oracles.

GT is GiggaLoop

I could get involved on Bone sometime this week. Lvl 31 w/ fully upgraded Atheons Epilogue & Corrective Measure for killing oracles.

GT is GiggaLoop

Get myself (Bleeders) added, can get this done at some point in the week.

Any other Bone players at all?

Sent you both a friends request.Gamertag is JuicyPo

That Crota kill is insane.

I couldn't believe it at first. Going to have to give it a go now with absolutely no chance of pulling it off ha.

I love it when folks pull stuff like this off, like the guy who took on the Templar by himself on hard mode. Fantastic.

Sure is ! Sent you a PM regarding raids for this week and started a thread in online folder, let me know what you can do ;)

I couldn't believe it at first. Going to have to give it a go now with absolutely no chance of pulling it off ha.

Sure is ! Sent you a PM regarding raids for this week and started a thread in online folder, let me know what you can do ;)

Done! I'm down for two raids on Tuesday from scratch, which frees up room for fellow raiders on Wednesday. Thanks for putting me down as per :)

For crucible play I tend to try to avoid using weapons in favour of utilising my face to absorb incoming fire instead. I've found carelessly steaming forwards into large groups of enemy players a pretty good strategy to go with that.

Worth noting that this strategy also absorbs teammates rockets, causing them to explode in their face.

Worth it :wub:

can i join you on my newly minted hunter? Only lvl 28 but I can revive you, right?

I could do with some help on the nightfall later if anyone's around. I tried soloing last night, with predictably hilarious results. Did get about halfway through though thanks to my trusty old ice breaker. Level 30 warlock if that helps.