Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

No, nobody seemed to be about yesterday. I went to show MattKB that bit of the Raid, just so he could see it. But we forgot it went by party leader so we all ended up with Crota checkpoint instead.

If anyone fancies doing the final bit of the Raid, or still has the previous checkpoint, this afternoon I should be on.

I still have that Save and would like a crack at it this afternoon!

I heard about it, thought "I bet I never get that", then got it on the second Sword I killed after that...

Up to 31 now, after levelling the Crota raid gauntlets as far as I could without the new shards. Going to need to start levelling Eris, seeing as I probably need her to level up the gauntlets, Husk and Murmur further.

Speaking of which - I've got the Pocket Infinity bounty. Is it worth bothering seeing as I've already got Murmur?

I heard about it, and didnt get it until the day before yesterday I think, and I farmed that 1st mission for over an hour and a half before getting fed up and quitting. I just did the first mission again for the 3 sword guy kills and got another gun on my 3rd kill :rolleyes:

Massive thanks for the raid guys, finally got to see the last bit of the raid, even though I was on less than 1/4 health right at the end (I was getting shot by you know who before I even knew he could do that, and quickly legged it), so was trying my best to just snipe/shoot from distance as didn't want to mess it up again like I did standing on that pedestal. Not sure if I did what I was supposed to do or not, but we got it done anyway regardless of if I played like a spacker.

Supposedly you can bypass a key element on the last fight in the raid. Spoilered it for those who haven't done that part or just dont want to know about it etc.

It requires a Sunsinger warlock with the self rez.

First, activate the fight so Crota appears, then have everyone in the group suicide. Have the warlock self res when the timer hits 3 and have hm rez everyone.

Apparently Crotas Presence will be gone and everyone can regenerate shields without needing the chalice.

I actually found this while looking for the music that kicks in during the fight oddly enough.

Ok, a bit of advice needed.

I am playing as a Titan and hit level 15easg night. So I can now start to look at the Defender sub class.

Should I switch to defender and go back and farm some of the easier missions to level it up?

Sorry for the proper noob questions, alternatively is there a decent comprehensive guide somewhere online?

Why not give it a go - Open up the core skills; bubble, punch and grenade or what ever it is, then see how you like it.

Someone posted this previously, I think it's still relevant:

It's far from over!

You've hit 20, so there are a few things to know:

20 is only the 'soft' cap. Now you need to start hunting down armour with the special 'Light' stat on. This allows you to push past level 20 and work towards the actual level cap, which is currently 32.

The gear with +light on it will either be Rare (aka 'blue'), Legendary (aka 'purple') or Exotic (aka 'gold'), and can be found in a few ways:

- Random drops from enemies either outright or as an engram to take to the bloke in the tower (note: purple engram doesn't necessarily mean purple item, same with blue ones, annoyingly!)

- Random rewards at the end of story missions (with the difficulty turned up, which you do from orbit after selecting a mission but before hitting the launch button)

- Random rewards at the end of strikes

- Random rewards at the end of crucible matches

You can also purchase some gear from your class vanguard. Furthermore, you can pick one of the three factions in the tower to represent, from whom you can also buy gear, or you can visit the crucible vendors. However, all this gear needs a minimum of reputation level 2 which each as well as a whole load of 'marks' (special currency awarded for pve and PvP content). Pve gear requires vanguard marks, PvP requires crucible marks. Pve bounties award vanguard rep, crucible bounties award crucible rep UNLESS you're representing a faction, in which case all rep goes to them regardless of what type of bounty you do. Most stuff costs 120+ marks per piece and you can only earn a maximum of 100 in a single week, so these aren't quick ways to gear up but instead meant as an alternative if you've had shitty luck with drops for a few weeks.

As to what to do first; that's entirely up to you. I've personally been focusing on the crucible, others in here have been hitting up the strikes. If you've picked a faction to represent it doesn't matter which you do, and you can mix and match both types of gameplay and still get rep with your faction, whereas otherwise the rep is split between vanguard for pve and crucible for PvP.

Both types of gear work well in the other type of gameplay, but pve gear has pve related bonuses and crucible has PvP ones, but the bonuses aren't a huge deal anyway, so don't feel bad about turning up to a PvP match in full pve gear or vice versa.

No doubt you've also still got a few skills left to unlock in your subclass, not to mention a whole other subclass to focus on, too, and simply playing the game will work towards doing both of those.

I'm not a fusion rifle guy either - I really want Black Hammer, surely the best boss sniper there will ever be - but Light of the Abyss is a beaut. It'll come in very handy for that first bit on hard mode, I'm sure. But it is a bit odd, balance-wise, to have the Eris fusion rifle be half Arc and then to get this in the raid. (Though if they put in an upgrade path for Fatebringer - which they won't - nothing would be able to compare to the absolute perfection of that for the first section. Roll on extra hard VoG I suppose.)

Brilliant way to end another good night on Destiny:

That score is mental. It finished on a high for me too after that diabolical round beforehand!

Good fun on Destiny yesterday, with good progress on the Crota raid, despite being pushed for time due to one of our group apparently having better things to do in real life (what the fuck is that?). Pffft. The impromptu run through VoG was a lot of fun too. I really enjoyed that for old time's sake. You know, old times. A couple of weeks ago.

Are the public events a lot more random now? That website that tells you when one is about to start used to be pretty much Speaking Clock-accurate, whereas now it seems to be operating to a Southern Trains-style timetable.

There was 3 months and hundreds of thousands of reports verifying public events before they were made more common. Now there's a few weeks and several thousand reports for times. Its obviously going to take a little while to get back to almost minute accurate.