Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

We had, as Jimmy Hill would put it, a raid of two halves last night. We cleared everything but the last bit really fast, everything but the first section being done without a wipe. I thought we'd crack the whole thing for sure, but we then proceeded to wipe countless times on the last part and never completed it.

Spoiler for that:

We were sure we'd worked out the right method after a while - group splits two ways, clears initial mobs, reforms, runner gets chalice and passes round when needed. One guy on knight sniper duty, rest take down sword bearer and mobs, sword guy gets near boss while we take his shields down, then attacks. Rinse and repeat, and if someone dies we concentrate on oversoul.

But we were dong far too little damage to the boss to avoid enrage, every time. We tried various positions for the group - top of one flight of stairs, the other flight, back at the entrance corridor downstairs, or rotating between the three. I think the main problem was that we were rarely getting two sets of attacks in per sword, although that's what we were aiming for ideally, so I guess we just hadn't figured out the positional stuff or got the timing down as well as we had to. But seriously, we'd done not anywhere near enough damage on any run to suggest we were doing the right thing, although I'm convinced we were, damage output aside.

I think we all agreed reluctantly at the end that we'd give up refusing any tips at all, and look for hints on how to get the technique down, assuming we did get it more or less right, because we seemed so far off the target that we began to suspect we'd missed something obvious; but nothing occurred to us as to what that might be. I haven't yet looked for those hints - though I suppose that's what I'm looking for here - but with only one further attempt remaining this week if we're lucky, I think we're going to crumble.

I did get a reversal of my usual raid drop luck, though, with legs and arms falling at the first two loot drops - though we didn't get any chests*. Woot.

* The sort you open, not the sort you wear. Didn't get any of those either though.

Xur list from GAF

Exotic Gear

Ruin Wings (Titan)

Knucklehead Radar (Hunter)

Claws of Ahamkara (Warlock)

Patience and Time

Exotic Shard

Helmet Engram

Upgrades

Crest of Alpha Lupi (Hunter)

Lucky Raspberry (Hunter)

Crest of Alpha Lupi (TItan)

No Backup Plans

Heart of the Praxic Fire

Sunbreakers

MIDA Multi-Tool

Thorn

Universal Remote

Plan C

Super Good Advice

Truth

Monte Carlo

Curios

Shotgun Telemetry

Sniper Rifle Telemetry

Rocket Launcher Telemetry

Plasma Drive

Emerald Coil

Heavy Ammo Synthesis

I predict Ben will be happy!!

I'm buying about 200 heavy ammo synths.

Will upgrade my Heart of Praxic Fire, i'm glad theres not much else worth upgrading (or I already have the new version) as i'm very short on glimmer.

Will buy pretty much all the exotic armour and patience and time also a couple of helmet engrams.

So I picked this up earlier in the week and have scrapped my way up to being a Level 17 Hunter - playing in a Fireteam with some of my work chums so it's pretty great fun really.

When do I start getting Motes of Light? There's a guy in the Tower selling the most badass of badass cloaks, yet it's 25 MOL and I have not got any, nor come across any being given in the game.

So he does sell upgrades for PS-specific content. Great - looking forward to the week he sells the Hawkmoon upgrade now. Don't think I'll bother upgrading my Monte Carlo (although it might be useful in that first part of the raid).

He does? I don't think anything he's selling this week is PS-specific is it?

EDIT: I see! He's upgrading the monte carlo in an extra 7th slot. Cool.

So I picked this up earlier in the week and have scrapped my way up to being a Level 17 Hunter - playing in a Fireteam with some of my work chums so it's pretty great fun really.When do I start getting Motes of Light? There's a guy in the Tower selling the most badass of badass cloaks, yet it's 25 MOL and I have not got any, nor come across any being given in the game.

You get them as occasional drops, or post strike rewards, but mostly from turning in blue engrams with the gyppo. They take a while to build up at first.

Did the nightfall three times last night with the help of BarryL85. Leading up to this, the game has really been pissing on my chips with the drops lately. Last week I got Ruin Wings from the nightfall a day after handing over the coins from them, I did a VoG hard run that dropped five weapons with none of them being the ones I actually want (Vision of Confluence and Corrective Measure) and one of them being a Suros Regime with 300 attack the day after Xur left. The other things I got from the nightfall were my fifth void heavy (have had no 331 attack heavies with solar or arc yet) and 6 ascendant energy

What I acutally got was another void heavy machine gun, another Light Beyond Nemesis (the exotic warlock helm I was wearing at the time and was complaining about being a waste of glimmer to upgrade), and finally a motherfucking Gjallerhorn! All I need now is the Icebreaker and I'll be legitimately useful on raids rather than the guy nursing his green ammo count instead of shooting things!

Xur list from GAF

Upgrades

Crest of Alpha Lupi (TItan)

MIDA Multi-Tool

Universal Remote

Plan C

Super Good Advice

I predict Ben will be happy!!

I can upgrade all those, plus grab Patience and Time finally!

Yep, pretty pleased with all those, plus I got to rank 3 last night on my lock with IB and grabbed the boots. This week I'll have to be glimmer farming like mad.

Anyone with a Titan needs to pick up the ruin wings, especially with the raid helm dropping on normal now. They make it rain heavy ammo....should be called "Prince Wings".

Got them in a nightfall last week, not had chance to test, but they may be a better alternative to the armamentarium tonight for our raid.

So I picked this up earlier in the week and have scrapped my way up to being a Level 17 Hunter - playing in a Fireteam with some of my work chums so it's pretty great fun really.

When do I start getting Motes of Light? There's a guy in the Tower selling the most badass of badass cloaks, yet it's 25 MOL and I have not got any, nor come across any being given in the game.

You get them as occasional drops, or post strike rewards, but mostly from turning in blue engrams with the gyppo. They take a while to build up at first.

You only get access to them when you hit level 20 as you stop earning XP for level and start earning XP for Motes of Light.

As Nathan mentions above there are alternative ways to earn them but you need to be level 20 to start the process.