Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I have had two sessions on this since The Dark Below launched, Thursday and Friday nights. Thursday I spent in the new raid, so it was only last night where I got to spend time on the Eris missions, and looking at kit etc.

So I do wonder if some of the anger about new upgrades is a bit overstated.

I've already used Xur to upgrade my Armamentarium, Thorn and Suros Regime. They are instantly harder-hitting than before. I earned enough Strange Coins to buy the better version of Truth, and sharded my old one. I used motes of light to gamble on a helmet, and rolled a titan one second time in. Sharded the Warlock hat it gave me first time.

And I've had Murmur from Eris, legendary legs from levelling the Cryptarch, raid legs from raid progress, and nearly completed the Urn thing for new arms. Which is to say, I'm making excellent progress back to levels 31/32 already, after a few hours.

Feels OK to me.

CROTA DOWN CROTA DOWN CROTA DOWN CROTA DOWN CROTA DOWN

Barry - I spoilered it without really looking at the picture. I assumed it was a pic of the last bit which seemed like a reasonable assumption to make and some people are pretty sensitive about these things and want to go in totally dark.

Well it was fine the last time for VoG to put a raid completion pic up ;)

Definitely a great session this afternoon getting to Crota, hopefully I'll be on to finish it off tonight....negotiations and bribery with the lady are ongoing. Had a chest drop from that section which is quite exciting, although I now have armour coming out of my ears from the last few days and it's causing me wardrobe anxiety, what to wear to look my blinging best!?! Does mean my alt is only a couple of upgrades away from 31 as well though :)

Here is how to get the second chest in Crota's End (obvious spoilers, so dont click if you want to go in blind, etc. You have been warned!):

Not sure if the team I was in will be able to access it, depends on where it check-pointed us (I hope it wasn't after that section).

Edit: Bugger it was :(

Can I get the urn of flatulence or whatever it is from xur without doing anything in the dark below? I'm not going to be able to play until tomorrow and I don't want to wait all week to progress, but I can log in just to buy something

Well, Team B failed tonight.

We're at the third step. We thought we'd got to Crota, but we hadn't, we're just at the bit before it. And you know what? It's fucking cheap. The first two sections are great, well thought out, and require teamwork. The part we're on now requires blind fucking luck due to the ridiculous amount of enemies the game just spams you with.

It's cheap as fuck. I was really loving the raid when we did it earlier, but now I feel it can just fuck right off. I'm up for having another go tomorrow though.

Just saw a video, and they

Used a Gjallerhorn to instantly kill the wizard on each side, rather than snipe them. Same with the Shrieker it seemed. Basically cluster bomb rockets seem to be the key to clearing that section. So whoever mentioned using Gjallerhorn was on the money :lol:

Oh and you do have to kill all the mobs after the boss anyway :blink:

Also seen a lot of speculation about the raid helm, and how it'll be available on normal, like the rest of the armour.