Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

The Light in the Dark Exotic bounty is really fucking me off now. Specifically, the challenge where you need to amass 500 points in the Crucible using Void Damage, +5 points for a kill but -2 for a death.

I was starting to get better at the Crucible but having to kill with Void damage is the problem as I'm having to play with weapons that I don't usually play with, the result being that I suck again. I got up to about 31 points in the first game I played but now I'm back down to zero.

Think I might have to discard the bounty.

We have a full raid squad then. Yes!

Soi - what's your PSN?

9pm - semi-noob squad assemble

1. Uncle Mike (Uncle_Mike)

2. Gorf King (MikeDracula)

3. K (CamberwellK)

4. mop (mop_star)

5. jon Cybernet (jon_cybernet)

6. Soi

It's "Soi"

Looking forward to it.

You're Welcome. You're a grumpy bunch so you are :P;) First rime through the raid is always tough, nobody wants the relic, people get ambushed by exploding supplicants back in the vault and general panic hits everyone. But then you get that one run where everything clicks into place and it becomes doable.

I long ago accepted my fate to get energy from the raid, and why I changed my avatar in acceptance at the joke on my behalf. I love doing the Vault of Glass, can't wait to see what the DLC raid is like ^_^

Up for another run tonight without the moaners? Just me and my brother (khurrumc)

Iron Banner got taken down it seems. Must have been an error in Bungies events script or something.

Weekly Heroic / Nightfall

Cerberus Vae III

Destroy Valus Ta'aurc and his Guards!

Modifiers for this week are:

Epic Lightswitch Angry Juggler Nightfall

There is no burn this week.

Thanks Bungie

On a positive note we wont get one shot with the associated damage buff, I think Solar on this particular mission would have been tough since the Cabal use Solar damage weapons.

20:25 onwards is how to cheese Valus Ta'aurc himself. In this spot enemies cant get to you so lightswitch shouldnt be a problem, and you can shoot the boss.

Up for another run tonight without the moaners? Just me and my brother (khurrumc)

:D Tonight is traditionally Nightfall and Weekly Heroic, happy to help with those, and with everyone else on my friends list as per usual. Gotta get those coins for Xur on Friday just incase he (?) has anything worth picking up :)

:D Tonight is traditionally Nightfall and Weekly Heroic, happy to help with those, and with everyone else on my friends list as per usual. Gotta get those coins for Xur on Friday just incase he (?) has anything worth picking up :)

Cool ill throw you an invite when we're on to do those if you are around

When you guys talk about semi-noob squad, what level are you all at? I just hit 20 last night, and am thinking I'd spend any time with any of the people on here getting my face shot off and generally not helping. Doubly so as I'm a Hunter, and am increasingly worried that that's the class which isn't very good/helpful on high level PvE stuff. (I'd appreciate if anyone who wants to assuage those fears and/or offer advice on which subclass to use, etc, by the way.)

I did have a whale of a time in PvP last night though. I decided to split between Gunslinger in PvE and Bladedancer in PvP and holy fuck is sycthing through an entire team holding a capture point good fun. Charging it in midair before they've seen you (and when you're less likely to get killed before the party starts) is just the icing on the cake. You have to be pretty careful using the Hunter Supers (coming from someone who played Voidwalker Warlock in the beta/early game), but god damn they can be satisfying.

When you guys talk about semi-noob squad, what level are you all at?

We're all 27/28/29, and I think we're a broad spread across the classes. I'm mainly talking about noob squad because it's our first go at the Raid, and we haven't successfully managed it yet. There's loads of unique mechanics and encounters in the Raid, and you really feel like you're starting from scratch with it.

I don't think Hunters are necessarily underpowered in PvE, although I'm a Titan, so I wouldn't know for sure. I do think each class has a PvE class and a PvP one though (not that it's fixed or anything). With it being Defender for Titans, and Sunsinger for Warlocks. Not sure about Hunters, I'd guess it's the golden gun one rather than the melee destroyer.

Yeah, I get the impression that it should be Gunslinger for PvE and Bladedancer for PvP, but at the same time they're actually both at least decent for PvP, and I'm not sure they're so well suited to PvE. Bladedancer would mop groups of enemies up, but leaves you exposed and would probably be pretty bad against bosses (partially due to that vulnerability). Gunslinger isn't bad for crowd control at the level I have it (and since I I respecced to make it go through crowds after deciding to make it primarily PvE), but there's not much splash damage, and it's hardly multipurpose.

Oh, and as far as being a noob goes, I've still never actually done a Strike yet...

The problem with Hunter is that they have no utility super. When raiding you'll find most Titans are Defender over Striker, and most Warlocks are Sunsinger over Voidwalker. On top of this, Hunters are automatically more squishy. It's not like Hunters can't be useful, or that there aren't times when the Golden Gun gets you out of a pinch, but it doesn't compare to the bubble shield or self-revive abilities which are consistently useful at all points of the harder PvE content.

Bladedancer's super is useless for anything other than easy mode PvE. If you get close to any hard enemies, they kill you. But invis is great for resurections on strikes (less useful in the raid, given the long resurrection timer).

Gunslinger is ok, but doesn't do much damage against bosses. So best use to clear up the trash.

Me and Teeohbee smashed the Nightfall when I was on lunch from work, I got Gjallarhorn, been wanting this for ages so that was finally a good drop, been getting shards in everything for a long time, got 81 in my inventory and at the moment nothing to use them on.

Thanks to Weavus and Imp for the Weekly and Nightfall, was raining Legendary drops today! :o Got the Comedian which does arc damage, should come in handy for sure. Will be on later to help out with Nightfall, but honestly, you can knock it out on your own if anyone is wondering, takes no time at all.

I play as a Hunter in that semi-noob team, and I feel the lack of a 'utility' super is telling. My problem (rather than the Hunter's per se) is that I just don't enjoy playing as a Gunslinger at all - I don't like the mechanics of the Golden Gun, and much prefer being sneaky and stabby and snipey and stuff. The invisibility thing in Bladedancer has come in very useful in strikes, and you can get some good survival/revive stuff going there. But Bladedancer in the raid is pretty underpowered compared to Titans who have the bubble shield and Warlocks that have self-res. Or at least, that's how I find it. You just feel vulnerable and easily squashed all the time, and have nothing much to pull out of the bag in a pinch.

Sounds a bit negative, and it's not meant to as I enjoy the class/subclass a lot in general PvE, but I don't think either Hunter build is particularly well-suited to the high-DPS, fast and confined gameplay in many parts of the raid, and the only one of the two subclasses I like is the worst of the lot. But you're still far from useless, even if you go Bladedancer - and if you've greater skills than I you can overcome that to an extent. Just my experience so far, anyway. I've crawled over the lvl 28 line and I still feel super-squishy, and you haven't the time or opportunity to be very ninja really. But maybe I'm playing it all wrong.

The problem with Hunter is that they have no utility super.

The closest equivalent is speccing Bladedancer for maximum invisibility and using that to get out of dodge in a pinch.

When first raiding we had a Last Guardian Standing who turned invisible and sprinted round the arena res-ing everyone else like a hero.

This game has got me good and proper. I haven't played it today as I'm at work, and this morning I got up thinking "I think I've finally had enough". But then I've been reading the posts here, and now I can't wait to get back to it. My Warlock rocks! He's awesome!

I'm gonna buy COD later, but can you guess which game will I be playing most of tonight?

This is a hopeless addiction, and you are all enabling me, I hope you're all happy with yourselves. ;)

I'm guessing you are up for another Hard Raid attempt? haha

Once organised of course not tonight.

This is what we need your warlock to do........ (this video is epic btw)

And being invisible makes the gorgon maze super easy!

Oh fuck why didn't I think of that!

I've only really played as a Hunter, but I got the impression that I had a real advantage with the Gunslinger class' triple jump during certain portions of the Raid. Does any other class have that?

Agreed that the Golden Gun and especially the throwing knife aren't much use. TBH I seemed to have the Relic most of the time, where again the triple jump is super-useful.