Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

I'm in. Jon & gamepaused seem to have fallen by the wayside a bit though?

There are other guys interested too - Andy Why, BlueWilliam & Kwakpriest I think?

Yeah, I've had a crazy couple of weeks, so haven't been around all that much.

I'm back now though, and really need to start a raid from the beginning.

Big thanks to Mr weavus mcstevus for jumping into my I'll advised solo run on the weekly and doing all the reviving and shooting and killing. Not too sure what i contributed but thanks again. Finally finished it and got some lovely coins...mmmm, coins.

Sorry to the hard raiders I got booted from the game world just as I put the shield up in the middle :(

I tried to join back in but the team had disbanded. I'm game for another effort on saturday, hopefully i can get this chest piece from the normal raid !

Aye, it was a shame we didn't get to finish it off, but to be fair we don't usually have all that much time to do it once we actually manage to get enough players to start. And for a first crack at Atheon, knowing next to nothing about the fight, the new mechanic where players get teleported randomly makes it quite a harsh introduction. We did ok though, and with a bit more luck (or practice) we'll crack it. It does seem pretty buggy in places, and although quite a few wipes were our fault, a fair few also seemed a bit glitchy to say the least. But practice will overcome whatever lack of luck you sometimes get.

And you're right, we need to settle on a definite team of six well before we're due to start - hanging around for half an hour after the start time of 10 isn't giving us enough breathing room really.

So anyway, I know this much about tomorrow night at 10:

1. Mop

2. Uncle Mike

3. Me

I assume K as well. Please fill in the empty bits.

See you tomorrow, hopefully.

Big thanks to Mr weavus mcstevus for jumping into my I'll advised solo run on the weekly and doing all the reviving and shooting and killing. Not too sure what i contributed but thanks again. Finally finished it and got some lovely coins...mmmm, coins.

I needed a weekly complete for my exotic bounty so was no trouble. Hope Xur has something nice for you to buy. The weekly is easy for me this week with a void primary, special and heavy in hand along with void grenades and melee!

I needed a weekly complete for my exotic bounty so was no trouble. Hope Xur has something nice for you to buy. The weekly is easy for me this week with a void primary, special and heavy in hand along with void grenades and melee!

Aye, and thanks for helping us out as well, Weavus. Much appreciated.

I don't know what happened to my post but, yeah, not having to desperately go through each of our friends list for 15 minutes trying to find the mythical 6th player would be nice.

Anyway, I'll be about tomorrow for sure.

Sorry to the hard raiders I got booted from the game world just as I put the shield up in the middle :(

I tried to join back in but the team had disbanded. I'm game for another effort on saturday, hopefully i can get this chest piece from the normal raid !

Great job on the Gatekeeper relics! Just a shame Atheon was buggier than ever. Teleporting 2 players is pretty much an insta-wipe even if we're all alive, ffs :(

Yeah, that was a truly impressive array of bugs we experienced. Oracles being destroyed and marking everyone anyway, two people getting teleported instead of three, self-reviving off of a cliff. There's so little margin for error in the hard raid that these things lead directly to a wipe, and at least twice stopped us from clearing it when we were virtually home free. Then you've got the usual cavalcade of shit like ammo disappearing, splash damage travelling through bubble shields, relic shield bash doing no damage to enemies.

The weird thing is that I can't say I didn't enjoy the time I spent with it either. We're all so sprung on the game that nobody got excessively salty and we had a laugh throughout. That, and I did get another piece of raid armor on the gatekeeper section. Three in one week across two characters almost makes up for the last three weeks dropping nothing!

Just did the lvl 28 daily story and got a legendary primary engram that decrypted into.......another Suros Regime (after I bought it from Xur last time)......Wat :hmm:

Why couldn't it have been the Mida Multi-Tool?!? Argh!

Haha, I bought Patience and Time on Friday, then had it drop in a Strike the next day.

And all the legendary engrams that would have been soooooo useful in gearing up my Titan have been for Hunter. I have no Hunter.

Other than that, yes, VoG tonight for team late night

Massive thanks to gong and Jim for what turned out to be an epic (or tragic!) fight with Atheon which took almost 3 hours! That included having to put up with some moaning mates of mine.

Looks like we were a bit unlucky that we suffered glitches at times when we were doing well but got there in the end.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but having done the raid and the last 3 nightfalls, the best loot has always gone to our weakest team member by level. We had one 26 last night and he got a hawkmoon while everyone else got crap and over the last few weeks he's got a gjallahorn, hard light and exotic helm. Not sure if that's pure luck but it's making me consider trialling the nightfall as a 26/27.

Anyway... Gong and Jim massive thanks again

Great :)

Anyone like to join us for the nightfall and weekly tomorrow night?

Sorry Stebbo I forgot about the football this evening. I'll only be around for an hour which might be enough for both depending on modifiers.

How come the Atheon fight is so bugged, when the rest of it seems normal? We had an entire encounter where Atheon just stood there stationary and immune, loads of times when the portals didn't work properly, and a heap of other minor issues. I think if it had been less buggy, we might have strung enough decent goes to clear it, but it was slightly too painful, and in the end the clarion call of bed was too strong.

There's always this week.

I think it will be the Archon Priest this week. Should be up in an hour.

Played that strike last week with some randoms & it's surprising how everyone now hides below the platform to kill the priest. Surprised this has not been patched out yet.

Massive thanks to gong and Jim for what turned out to be an epic (or tragic!) fight with Atheon which took almost 3 hours! That included having to put up with some moaning mates of mine.

Looks like we were a bit unlucky that we suffered glitches at times when we were doing well but got there in the end.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed this but having done the raid and the last 3 nightfalls, the best loot has always gone to our weakest team member by level. We had one 26 last night and he got a hawkmoon while everyone else got crap and over the last few weeks he's got a gjallahorn, hard light and exotic helm. Not sure if that's pure luck but it's making me consider trialling the nightfall as a 26/27.

Anyway... Gong and Jim massive thanks again

Sorry I could not make it yesterday, had company over with means mandatory Netflix evening. Glad to hear you killed Atheon :)

If that was the case, I'd be rollin' in hot lootz!

Thanks for the game last night guys, even if I did invite myself, so close on the last couple of runs, damn Oracles spawned so fast I just couldn't reload in time.

I'll happily join you guys again for the Hard raid again.