Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Can any experienced raiders help our noob team with finishing the normal raid tonight please? We have just entered the vault of glass and kept dying when having to enter timegates and generally not knowing what the hell is going on.

I also got nothing but shards while pretty much everyone else picked up raid gear or weapons so would like to kill the boss before the reset tomorrow!

Need one or two and assuming to start around 8.30-9pm. On PS4

Can any experienced raiders help our noob team with finishing the normal raid tonight please? We have just entered the vault of glass and kept dying when having to enter timegates and generally not knowing what the hell is going on.

I also got nothing but shards while pretty much everyone else picked up raid gear or weapons so would like to kill the boss before the reset tomorrow!

Add me as a friend dude and I'll help if you like.

I'm still up for some raiding, as mentioned on the previous page. Throw me a friend request then you can holler at me for next week's team (although I'm also free tonight if needed).

Me and the boy finished the story last night. Course the story is absolute bobbins. I have no idea what was going on most of the time. But, what a glorious game.

So , being level 20 now, what's the approved route to go up through the ranks and get Light equipment. It is just to do strikes and patrols etc?

Is the Hard raid still continuing tonight? Were almost there lads.

I know Lyrical is available from 8pm he said earlier in the thread.

Original Team:

1. Lyrical Donut

2. Wavy

3. Captain LeChuck

4. QuackQuack

5. Willei

6 BarryL85

Yep still up for this, 8pm suits me fine.

Me and the boy finished the story last night. Course the story is absolute bobbins. I have no idea what was going on most of the time. But, what a glorious game.

So , being level 20 now, what's the approved route to go up through the ranks and get Light equipment. It is just to do strikes and patrols etc?

Play the strikes, do the daily missions & weekly strikes.

Keep doing the bounties when you can inc the crucible bounties if interested.

These will give you vanguard/crucible marks so you can purchase armour/weapons from the traders in the tower.

Loot drops can also come from any mode you are playing, that is all luck.

You're at the mercy of the random factor to an extent. Hopefully, while you've been playing so far, you've been taking on bounties from the Tower guy, and are levelling up your Vanguard rank? I hope so.

The best things you can be doing are:

1. Once a day, do the Daily Heroic mission at the hardest you guys can achieve. Depending on the actual story mission it is, this might be a level higher than your current level.

2. Once a day, find and complete a public event. Use something like this: http://destinypublicevents.com/ to find them.

3. Complete Patrol missions for more Vanguard rep

4. Complete Strike Playlists for Vanguard Marks.

Always have an eye to what bounties are available, and be 'stacking' as much as possible (ie take on bounties that you can be working simultaneously - earn 900XP without dying plus do 30 melee kills plus kill 100 guys plus complete a particular mission on Heroic can all be being done at once.)

At Vanguard rank 2, you can buy legendary armour. If you're normally lucky, you'll also have picked up armour with Light on it as well.

I think a lot of people find they hit a progress speed bump at 20, just because you're so dependent on drops.

You're at the mercy of the random factor to an extent. Hopefully, while you've been playing so far, you've been taking on bounties from the Tower guy, and are levelling up your Vanguard rank? I hope so.

The best things you can be doing are:

1. Once a day, do the Daily Heroic mission at the hardest you guys can achieve. Depending on the actual story mission it is, this might be a level higher than your current level.

2. Once a day, find and complete a public event. Use something like this: http://destinypublicevents.com/ to find them.

3. Complete Patrol missions for more Vanguard rep

4. Complete Strike Playlists for Vanguard Marks.

Always have an eye to what bounties are available, and be 'stacking' as much as possible (ie take on bounties that you can be working simultaneously - earn 900XP without dying plus do 30 melee kills plus kill 100 guys plus complete a particular mission on Heroic can all be being done at once.)

At Vanguard rank 2, you can buy legendary armour. If you're normally lucky, you'll also have picked up armour with Light on it as well.

I think a lot of people find they hit a progress speed bump at 20, just because you're so dependent on drops.

Thanks for the tips :)

Where do I get the daily heroic from?

Yeah I've been doing bounties, I'm not too far off rank 2, So i'll carry on with them. I've been prioritising Vanguard bounties over cruicible ones.

Thanks for the tips :)

Where do I get the daily heroic from?

Yeah I've been doing bounties, I'm not too far off rank 2, So i'll carry on with them. I've been prioritising Vanguard bounties over cruicible ones.

Left hand side of the Director (where you pick which planet you want to go to).

Also has the weekly strike, nightfall strike etc as a set of icons.

I'm also up for having another crack at it. With any luck I'll also have a fully upgraded Suros Regime to use. I could also upgrade my Corrective Measure heavy machine gun, but I may not have the spinmetal for it.

Awesome. just Wavy and QuackQuack (who is now a level 30) to confirm.

Come on QuackQuack, tell the Mrs we need you haha, thats also two Mondays in a row i've had to tell the GF i'm busy on Destiny it really doesn't go down well !

Add me as a friend dude and I'll help if you like.

If you still got open places, I'll be down also.

PSN: jimtendo-san

I'm still up for some raiding, as mentioned on the previous page. Throw me a friend request then you can holler at me for next week's team (although I'm also free tonight if needed).

Cheers guys - much appreciated. Will add you and throw some invites out when I get back tonight. We are aiming for a 8.30-9pm start. Im thinking I might try the defender class for my titan for this try...always played striker so far but got slaughtered yesterday as did the rest of the team.

Pinkmoon sorry mate we ended up starting a bit earlier last night - will send a friend request tonight and if we are full tonight we can organise for a fresh attempt after tomorrow's reset.

Pinkmoon sorry mate we ended up starting a bit earlier last night - will send a friend request tonight and if we are full tonight we can organise for a fresh attempt after tomorrow's reset.

All good, sir. I was actually kinda late myself anyway after dinner turned into a red wine frenzy.

Awesome. just Wavy and QuackQuack (who is now a level 30) to confirm.

Come on QuackQuack, tell the Mrs we need you haha, thats also two Mondays in a row i've had to tell the GF i'm busy on Destiny it really doesn't go down well !

Im in. We got close a few times Saturday I think we can do it.

Speaking of tonight's Hard mode effort. Who's been going to the conflux once the first relic has been taken? I'm happy to give that a bash with my Suros Regime and Corrective Measure weapons. I might see if I can also fully level up my Judgement VI Shotgun, for those special moments when Minotaurs get a bit too personal.

A fully leveled Gjallahorn pretty much takes out each minotaur coming down on the stairs.

Speaking of tonight's Hard mode effort. Who's been going to the conflux once the first relic has been taken? I'm happy to give that a bash with my Suros Regime and Corrective Measure weapons. I might see if I can also fully level up my Judgement VI Shotgun, for those special moments when Minotaurs get a bit too personal.

I think Wavy was going to the conflux, we need a speed team for the relics, me willei and quackquack were doing well!

What checkpoint?

Presumably the checkpoint after you have both relics and have defended the conflux. When Atheon appears.

That's the one !

Ah, I see. Yeah, that's also another loot drop as well, right?

I'm not sure if there is, I hope so though.

Check these out guys....

Gatekeeper strats

Atheon strats

Tomorrow evening I have a clear diary, can play from 630 onwards.

I'd love to do the nightfall, and weekly on hard - anyone game?

Yep give me a shout, after 85+ hours I'm going to take a break from playing daily to go enjoy something else. I'll still complete the weekly strikes though until the new content arrives in December.

I think Wavy was going to the conflux, we need a speed team for the relics, me willei and quackquack were doing well!

That was the case initially but then we decided to stay at the portal as praetorians get a bit much otherwise, Donut was covering the conflux minotaurs with Gjallahorn, I was sniping the ads opposite and supporting Willei. It was working pretty well.