Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Uncle mike killed it on the relic tonight (pop pop) and my heart goes out to gorf and that bit with the jumps and the wall.

As always, the hardest part of the raid was getting 6 people together at once. I'm pretty happy with my new boots and cloak. Good times.

That was great fun, thanks chaps. We had to do the Templar fight quite a few times, but it never felt impossible. Then we had a flukey first go at the end dude opening sections, then wiped, then couldn't reclaim our former glory. Time for bed.

More tomorrow! Noob squad might clear the raid!

Uncle mike killed it on the relic tonight (pop pop) and my heart goes out to gorf and that bit with the jumps and the wall.

Me legs are getting a bit dodgy these days.

We'll finish it off tomorrow night though - I have a feeling in my bones. Probably osteo-arthritis.

So, Moodmon and I got the Thorn bounty done earlier. I'd read about Thorn being proper fucking shit, but you know what? It's really not all that bad. What lets it down isn't the small clip, it's the sodding reload on it. You can go and make a cup of tea while that thing's reloading.

If the clip was larger this wouldn't be so much of an issue, but given it has the final round perk the small clip actually makes sense, because even without any damage upgrades the final round does more damage than my fully upgraded Lord High Fixer!

All Bungie needs to do to make Thorn a decent, usable weapon, is replace one of the middle-tier perks with the Speed Reload perk. Personally, I'd ditch the perfect balance perk. Thorn is a pistol for sharpshooters who like stopping power, it's not a rifle that you keep firing; so giving players the option to still use the Send-it perk would afford the gun some versatility.

In my short field test I found Thorn to be a highly satisfying Pistol to use, it's just a shame that the long reload also make it incredibly frustrating to use.

I found it suprisingly useful in PvP, and that's partly down to Perfect Balance. The gun is all over the place by default and it's so much harder to get the required three shots down without it. I was able compensate for the small clip size with Hunter throwing knives. The DOT itself was totally pointless other than giving you a little bit of wallhack action with the damage ticks still being visible through walls, I don't think I got one kill with it that wasn't going to be mine anyway. All in all it's no Suros Regime, but it's definitely viable in the smaller maps.

As for PvE, the DOT is good becuase it does a decent chunk of damage and it procs against weird things like Phalanx shields. It stops normal shields coming back up straight away, and you can also light up dropships green for a couple of seconds! You can occasionally get milage out of the penetration with things that Thralls. That's where the fun ends though - the clip size, funky sights, lack of damage per shot, and slow reload pretty much kill it. They could make it better by sorting out the reload as you say, but it'd make so much more of the unique perk if the DOT could stack in some capacity.

I can confirm that after having the Nightfall bonus boost, completing any weekly strike counts for 2 towards your target of 25 :) so in theory, 13 quick runs on this weeks lvl 22 weekly will do the trick.

Try and do it before Friday and the next step you need Xur.

I was planning on blasting through the Nexus on level 14 (or whatever it is) which can't take any longer than 15 minutes solo. I'll compare that to the weekly and see what's best. :)

I was planning on blasting through the Nexus on level 14 (or whatever it is) which can't take any longer than 15 minutes solo. I'll compare that to the weekly and see what's best. :)

It's much quicker at level 22 with the void damage, I think it took about 10 snipers void bullets and it was down. Just run through the whole level to get there quickly (you only have to kill 3 servitors) they go down with 1 shot each.

Turns out it did take me about 300 attempts again.

But seeing you plummeting to your doom, screaming curses and throwing grenades/shooting your gun was very funny :P

Great run through though and much fun. Only sour point was Kartharian who got completely boned and didn't get any loot for killing Aethon. After investigating on their forums he said they say you only have a chance of loot from the last boss and aren't guaranteed to get anything.

Way to lose people Bungie you shit weasels.

Kartharian who got completely boned and didn't get any loot for killing Aethon. After investigating on their forums he said they say you only have a chance of loot from the last boss and aren't guaranteed to get anything.

Aye. Two weeks running where all I got were shards and chatterwhite for my Titan, and you can see why people cheese the final boss.

Patience wearing thin... Bayonetta 2 and Monster Hunter 4G are waiting to be opened and played...

Anyway, out of interest I've got a Warlock at the Gorgans (normal mode) to finish off before reset, if anyone is interested.

But seeing you plummeting to your doom, screaming curses and throwing grenades/shooting your gun was very funny :P

Great run through though and much fun. Only sour point was Kartharian who got completely boned and didn't get any loot for killing Aethon. After investigating on their forums he said they say you only have a chance of loot from the last boss and aren't guaranteed to get anything.

Yes, it was great to finish it for the first time! We were a smooth team by the end - next time should be miles better (should be....). Sucky for Karth though. Although I have to say that if it had happened to me, while I would be mildly put out, it wouldn't put me off doing it again and again because the experience of completing it with a good team is great. By which I mean, don't let it put you off, Karth. We'll do it again and next time I'm sure you'll have more luck with the mad boss lootz.

He didn't get shards or chatterwhite. Legendary ship and that was it while the rest of us got Aethon's Epilogue(s), Thunderlord, shards and shaders.

Plus we also had the sound go wonky, someone get stuck with a black screen and unable to leave for orbit (fireteam leader too) and the mission end timer hit 0 and proceeded to do nothing. All bugs that Bungie says they've fixed.

*edit* yeah, it wouldn't put me off either because digital crack and all that, but if it happened more than once I can see the red mist rising a bit. Also it was good to not cheese any of the bosses! :D

Bring on the hard mode maybe.

*edit* yeah, it wouldn't put me off either because digital crack and all that, but if it happened more than once I can see the red mist rising a bit. Also it was good to not cheese any of the bosses! :D

Oh yeah, I know. It's totally not on, but I wouldn't want him to not do it again is all. We done good!

Aye. Two weeks running where all I got were shards and chatterwhite for my Titan, and you can see why people cheese the final boss.

Patience wearing thin... Bayonetta 2 and Monster Hunter 4G are waiting to be opened and played...

Anyway, out of interest I've got a Warlock at the Gorgans (normal mode) to finish off before reset, if anyone is interested.

I can help you with that. Can be on from 7

Turns out it did take me about 300 attempts again.

The whole raid was awesome but that was easily the highlight for me, seeing people come so close to the ledge and then lobbing grenades and firing their guns when they realised they weren't making it :lol:

The whole raid was awesome but that was easily the highlight for me, seeing people come so close to the ledge and then lobbing grenades and firing their guns when they realised they weren't making it :lol:

Except the pros who made it across first time 8-)

Ended up helping a newbie team through the normal raid, so postponing the hard attempt until tomorrow, work permitting. I'm hoping to be back and ready by 8!

If you have a free spot I'll be up for this, you are at the gatekeepers right?

Anyone up for an Xbox One Raid this week?

Yep I was going to try and put one together starting on Tuesday, so we have the whole week to try and do it.

1. metallicfrodo

2. MalevolentPanda?

3. Kryptonian?

4. Mystacon

5. Jon (gingerism)?

6. gamepaused?

I have a mate from off the forum who can join if one of the ?s can't all make it (olordy, who joined us last time and has changed his voice settings so he should be able to hear everyone now).

Most likely starting at 9:30ish on Tuesday and then we can go from there.

Yep I was going to try and put one together starting on Tuesday, so we have the whole week to try and do it.

1. metallicfrodo

2. MalevolentPanda?

3. Kryptonian?

4. Mystacon

5. Jon (gingerism)?

6. gamepaused?

I have a mate from off the forum who can join if one of the ?s can't all make it (olordy, who joined us last time and has changed his voice settings so he should be able to hear everyone now).

Most likely starting at 9:30ish on Tuesday and then we can go from there.

Perfect!