Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

That's why I set up a specific xbox one, the silly limits.

You might be as well just starting another PS4: The Next Generation clan if there's now a decent group of regulars. You can make it so you don't need to be authorised to join and make the regular guys all admins to cut down on messing about.

Question for the auto-rifle experts, please.

Until this morning, I've been using a Galahad-E since level 20 or so; I had purple in every slot except primary weapon. Then today - obviously - I got two upgrades within an hour of each other. The first was Grim Citizen III from a legendary engram that dropped whilst on patrol on the Moon. Then I dinged level 3 with the Vanguard and got a Shadow Price in the mail. What should I use?

Stat-wise, they seem almost identical. In terms of perks, they break down as follows:

Grim Citizen

• precision kills dramatically increase reload speed
  • radar stays active whilst aiming

Shadow Price

• kills increase reload speed

To me, the radar perk on the GC seems like the winner. And I have a pile of Spirit Bloom so I can upgrade it faster than the Shadow Price. Thoughts?

That's why I set up a specific xbox one, the silly limits.

You might be as well just starting another PS4: The Next Generation clan if there's now a decent group of regulars. You can make it so you don't need to be authorised to join and make the regular guys all admins to cut down on messing about.

Great idea. We can be the nWo of Rllmuk Destiny!

Barry, need to get everyone organised for the Clan Trophy next time we do it, not usually fussed about such things, but would be nice to have on my tag :)

Happy raiding this weekend folks, hope you bag some goodies!

Yeah mate, we definitely do need to sort that out ! Even if there is a new clan sorted for in here i will get everyone to join it too.

One other thing, there's a trophy for completing a strike only consisting of only your clan members, i've done this numerous times, Level 24 strikes, Weeklys, Nightfalls and none of us has ever got it, anybody know why?

I've completed the raid twice now but the bloody thing still flashes an exclamation mark at me over Venus on the map. Is that because the ending is buggy as fuck (well, buggy as the rest of it in fact) and we've ended up quitting to orbit?

Been busy all day but I see Xur has exotic helmet engrams. I would bloody love a Titan one but guaranteed it will decode to another class.

I'd be up for trying the raid on hard this evening if there is space. Level 29 with plenty of fully levelled weaponry. Be good to see what a few of the hard loot chests can drop.

Have they all assigned your group on bungie.net as their psn clan correctly? It will say the clan name under their psn id in Destiny if done correctly.

Yeah we all have the clan name on the PS4 showing and definitely accepted as Playstation clan on Bungie.net its totally weird.

Just catching up, so is the general consensus that if you've got the icebreaker then patience and time is probably not worth the coins and best saved for other treats?

I think if you have the spare coinage it's definitely worth it, especially if you don't have a decent arc damage sniper.

Question for the auto-rifle experts, please.

Until this morning, I've been using a Galahad-E since level 20 or so; I had purple in every slot except primary weapon. Then today - obviously - I got two upgrades within an hour of each other. The first was Grim Citizen III from a legendary engram that dropped whilst on patrol on the Moon. Then I dinged level 3 with the Vanguard and got a Shadow Price in the mail. What should I use?

Stat-wise, they seem almost identical. In terms of perks, they break down as follows:

Grim Citizen

• radar stays active whilst aiming

Shadow Price

• kills increase reload speed

To me, the radar perk on the GC seems like the winner. And I have a pile of Spirit Bloom so I can upgrade it faster than the Shadow Price. Thoughts?

I had this choice too. Went for the Shadow Price and did NOT regret it. The range perk gives it almost pulse rifle lethality from distance, which really suits my playstyle. That being said it also really helps that my Exotic hunter helmet is Knucklehead Radar, which keeps the radar on for all weapons except rockets/snipers.

My advice? Buy the Shadow Price for the range and look for a helmet that gives you radar. That way you'll be more competitive on the bigger maps, and won't get confused about why the radar isn't there when you switch to your secondary weapon.

Or, to look at it another way: if you go for the Grim Cit and then a week later you get a helmet with a radar perk, you'll end up having the inferior gun for no reason.

Started this up today as bundled with my console. Any tips/advice for a fresh player with regards to levelling to the cap and beyond? I know a few people have told me to set all the missions to hard if that gives any benefit whatsoever ^^

I'm a fairly well seasoned gamer/MMO'er I'd just rather see if anyone here has anything useful to say rather than trawling through all the games forums.

If hard makes missions more than a level above your current level it's not worth it imo. You only get a small bonus and it will make it a slog. The most important thing to do is concentrate on completing bounties when they become available. These are worth a ton of xp and will have you levelling up in no time!

Started this up today as bundled with my console. Any tips/advice for a fresh player with regards to levelling to the cap and beyond? I know a few people have told me to set all the missions to hard if that gives any benefit whatsoever ^^

I'm a fairly well seasoned gamer/MMO'er I'd just rather see if anyone here has anything useful to say rather than trawling through all the games forums.

i) Loot you can see is loot you can have. No-one else can see your loot, and you can't see anyone else's, so don't feel like you need to leave things for other people to pick up. Same goes for ammo and Orbs of Light. As a corollary, don't tell people to go pick up some Heavy Ammo/ Orbs/ Engrams you can see, as it doesn't exist for them.

ii) Speaking of Orbs, players generate them when they use Supers, and they charge up Super meters. You can't collect the ones you generate, but other people can, so use Supers sensibly and consistently to help keep other players charged up, which will mean they're generating Orbs of Light, meaning you charge up quicker, etc etc etc.

iii) Match weapon damage to shield colour- blue Arc for Fallen Captains, orange Solar for Hive Wizards, and purple Void for Vex Minotaurs. You'll encounter other enemy types with shields of various colours but those ones you should keep an eye out for to start with. Drop shields with an elemental damage secondary or heavy weapon, then switch to primary to put them down.

iv) The Cryptarch is a prick.

I went mad and spent the lot with Xur. Patience and time, warlock armour and two exotic engrams. One turned in to the Titan helm which I already have maxed out but the other was a warlock helm. Happy with that. :)