Destiny: FIN

Gorf King

Yes thanks muchly for my first raid last night guys, apologies for my general awfulness and I couldn't see it out given my 5:30am start with the baby.

Yes the relic was totally new to a few of us, myself included and whenever I picked it up it wouldn't seem to cleanse, L1 isn't it?

Felt a bit guilty to get The Last Word exotic too...

The cleanse needs to charge up, so you can't use it immediately after picking it up. ;)

Donut is destined to hoover up all the raid gear so none of us get any!

Yeah, this. What a prick.

Great run last night, though. 80 minutes feels like a good run given the Athleon changes and the brief little hiccups on the Gorgons and platforming bit, though I felt a bit lucky to get teleported three times in a row at the end as relic holder is the only role I've ever played on that section.

Finally got some gear, which is great, but sod's law it's a chestpiece. Already had a fully upgraded one, it was the boots and gloves that I'd left unmaxed because I didn't see the point in going for 29 without gear that could also get me to 30. Pretty sure the chest I had was from the Queens Bounty, too, so I won't even get shards if I dismantle it. Ho hum - there's always next week.

Then we cheesed the Nightfall. I still don't really get how they can patch Athleon because people had sussed out a single mechanic, but they're quite happy for the community to have worked out a cheeseball strategy for every single Strike in the Nightfall rotation. That Bungie logic.

Yes thanks muchly for my first raid last night guys, apologies for my general awfulness and I couldn't see it out given my 5:30am start with the baby.

Yes the relic was totally new to a few of us, myself included and whenever I picked it up it wouldn't seem to cleanse, L1 isn't it?

Felt a bit guilty to get The Last Word exotic too...

I think only Jim and Wullei had been there before. It was a laugh when either of them didn't get teleported and then there was an errie silence as we all stared at the relic waiting for someone else to pick it up :lol:

Mmmm, got Hard Logic in the Nightfall last night (big thanks to Tazikawa and his friend for carrying me through!) and after initially thinking 'wtf is this shit?' when I first used it, I'm growing accustomed now and I think it's love :wub:

Chews through things up close and fired in bursts is quite accurate (especially considering it doesn't have any upgrades yet). Love the sound it makes too, like some dodgy wiring gone wrong that is shooting out crackles of electricity.

Mmmm, got Hard Logic in the Nightfall last night (big thanks to Tazikawa and his friend for carrying me through!) and after initially thinking 'wtf is this shit?' when I first used it, I'm growing accustomed now and I think it's love :wub:

Chews through things up close and fired in bursts is quite accurate (especially considering it doesn't have any upgrades yet). Love the sound it makes too, like some dodgy wiring gone wrong that is shooting out crackles of electricity.

Once you accept that it's never going to be accurate at range, it's brilliant fun to use. It's great against groups of Vex ^_^

FFS - can everyone stop posting about completing the raid. Team 'B' plus random guests failed........it was like a team build exercise of extreme proportions, testing even the most polite of individuals.

As ever thoroughly enjoyable - soo close towards the end but time was against us.

Others may have done it - but sounds like speed and efficiency overruled bonding and fun....it was fun right guys.....guys....hellooooo

FFS - can everyone stop posting about completing the raid. Team 'B' plus random guests failed........it was like a team build exercise of extreme proportions, testing even the most polite of individuals.

As ever thoroughly enjoyable - soo close towards the end but time was against us.

Over the many wipes at Atheon I think we finally got a decent rythem going with most people knowing what to do in any situation but by that time people were getting tired and simple fuck ups like missing the platform in the middle or running in the wrong direction after coming out of the portal did for getting a run of 3 teleports which were needed to actually kill him.

Maybe a few of the people who completed the raid already wouldnt mind showing me how they did it or the best team tactic to use with my atheon save point over the next few days? I'm still not clear if its worth having everyone jump to the middle to shoot atheon or just the portal team, the only advantage is the bubble shield right but is it worth having the chance of a wipe as someone misses the platform or forgets to get off in time and gets killed?

Raid team for tonight, normal mode PS4 - Around 7pm

1. Bazra1985 (29 Titan) (BarryL85)

2. RAMB01stBL00D (29 Titan) (Bonzai1888)

3. RobotFalcon101 (28 Hunter)

4. Suchuu (29 Warlock) (QuackQuack)

5. GongStation (29 Warlock) (bobbyinternet)

6. Suedenim (28 Hunter) (Soo Denim)

Invites will go out about 7pm ! Hope you guys are ready :D

Over the many wipes at Atheon I think we finally got a decent rythem going with most people knowing what to do in any situation but by that time people were getting tired and simple fuck ups like missing the platform in the middle or running in the wrong direction after coming out of the portal did for getting a run of 3 teleports which were needed to actually kill him.

Maybe a few of the people who completed the raid already wouldnt mind showing me how they did it or the best team tactic to use with my atheon save point over the next few days? I'm still not clear if its worth having everyone jump to the middle to shoot atheon or just the portal team, the only advantage is the bubble shield right but is it worth having the chance of a wipe as someone misses the platform or forgets to get off in time and gets killed?

Everyone should jump into the middle, otherwise Atheon tends to pootle off from the middle, making him harder to hit. The relic holder should count down from 10 and people should be looking to bail out with 5-3 seconds remaining, depending on how frisky they're feeling.

Its also worth cleansing the portal team multiple times as they shoot the oracles, that way there's no need to cleanse after you come back into Atheons room before jumping onto the middle plinth.

If you've got it down right you should have about 20 seconds to dish out as much damage as possible.

Its also worth cleansing the portal team multiple times as they shoot the oracles, that way there's no need to cleanse after you come back into Atheons room before jumping onto the middle plinth.

If you've got it down right you should have about 20 seconds to dish out as much damage as possible.

I think most times the portal team were struggling with the concept of always moving forward while killing oracles so once the last one is killed you can get through the portal ASAP and maximize the time you have to shoot atheon as there were a few times when we'd have like 5 seconds on the platform which was pointless. The constant cleansing was mostly followed once we figured that out.

Putting a titan bubble up is a good idea, we were doing that at the back of the platform to get the weapons of light blessing but most people were jumping off in any old direction rather than exiting via the rear which would have given them cover.

It sounds like we were doing it right but just lacked the run where nobody fucked up too badly or we got hit by portal/teleport glitches :blush:

I think only Jim and Wullei had been there before. It was a laugh when either of them didn't get teleported and then there was an errie silence as we all stared at the relic waiting for someone else to pick it up :lol:

Wow didn't know we had that many who hadn't done it before. I think we did very well considering!

Putting a titan bubble up is a good idea, we were doing that at the back of the platform to get the weapons of light blessing but most people were jumping off in any old direction rather than exiting via the rear which would have given them cover.

I'm just going to add to this that with teleports now being random, there's no point even exiting the platform until Atheon stops firing assuming you've got a bubble up. It gets you the most time to put damage on the boss because you only need to retret a few yards. and on the couple of times I was left alone on the platform with everyone else alive getting teleported I was able to clear the Supplicants by using the bubble for cover.

That said, you don't have to use the platform at all. People taking individual cover and trading off agro can be safer in that all your eggs aren't in one basket - one that can be fallen off and is prone to receiving illogical splash damage. :D

I'm just going to add to this that with teleports now being random, there's no point even exiting the platform until Atheon stops firing assuming you've got a bubble up.

I'd never considered that, still a bit risky but worth a go.

If any raid group themselves a man down at Atheon (or even gatekeepers) ping me an invite and I'll jump in as I still need to clear Atheon this week and it looks like most of the B team can't make it till Monday.

I have put in about 6 hours doing daily missions, strikes, bounties, since I turned level 21 and not had a sniff of decent gear to level me up. Help!!!

I turned level 20 with my Hunter yesterday and did strike playlist (level 22 first)... Got some gear as rewards from completing each strike that I levelled up which got me to 22. Then bumped up to level 24 strike playlist and did that for 2 hours... Now almost 24 and got a legendary drop too.

Crucible can work too if you like that

I got called in to the Vault and as others have said we were close and had the mechanics sorted but just needed three clean runs. I still get confused as to which way the middle is when stumbling out of the warp gates though!

I'll be about later as per so give me a shout if anyone needs an extra pairs of hands. In the meantime I need to do the actual vault opening for the first chest and the weekly on lvl 28 as think I may have missed that actually as did the Nightfall instead.

p.s. Sorry for missing you Droodling, got pulled in to a raid.